This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"

Go down 
+7
joe11
Stigma
Bullyblazer
DemonWolf
Spartan v07
3DO Was Something
lightlamp
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" Empty
PostSubject: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:02 pm

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/37811/Xbox-360-is-most-used-online-platform?Looks like people don't have a problem paying $50 a year for Live
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:05 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/37811/Xbox-360-is-most-used-online-platform?Looks like people don't have a problem paying $50 a year for Live
You do know that includes silver users right?
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:12 pm

3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
wrong because with silver you cant play online and the article says played.
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
It doesn't say play online, it says "online platform" and the last time I checked Silver was an online service on an online platform.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:23 pm

3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
It doesn't say play online, it says "online platform" and the last time I checked Silver was an online service on an online platform.
It said online games "Overall time spent on online games" not online users
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
It said online games "Overall time spent on online games" not online users
This can cause spme confusion because is it talking about online matches or is it talking about games that are online enabled but the play is a silver member(so MS can still count them as a XBL user).
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:28 pm

3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

it does say play on line...

"Gamers spend more time playing the Xbox 360 online than any other console, with an average 7.3 hours spent per week, a new NPD report claims."

plus who will doubt that,no other platform can compete with xbl.
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

"Gamers spend more time playing the Xbox 360 online than any other console, with an average 7.3 hours spent per week, a new NPD report claims."

ok, your right.

As for the last statement, I'm gonna wait and see what bonuses come with the PSN premium service.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Well, Xbox Live is the best service Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Bullyblazer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Only a PS3rd turd wouldn't see Xbox live as the superior service.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:19 pm

And PSN is free lol
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:59 pm

i already knew that
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:15 pm

3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

ok, your right.

As for the last statement, I'm gonna wait and see what bonuses come with the PSN premium service.

You're not seriously considering paying for PSN Premium are you? Sony runs a spotty online service that lacks features and say's "you can't complain cause it's free", then makes you pay to make it suck less? Why don't they just charge $50 a year and run it at least half as well as Xbox Live? Then it would be worth paying for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:33 am

Who didn't know we have the most played online Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 am

I think most of the core audience already knows the 360 has the most active online infrastructure, the numbers solidify that though.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:26 am

PSN just cant compete with XBL and it never will.
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:51 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

ok, your right.

You're not seriously considering paying for PSN Premium are you? Sony runs a spotty online service that lacks features and say's "you can't complain cause it's free", then makes you pay to make it suck less? Why don't they just charge $50 a year and run it at least half as well as Xbox Live? Then it would be worth paying for.
PSN isn't as good as XBL gold, I'll say that right off the bat. But to say its complete crap, no, Nintendo wifi is crap. If you look into it they are almost identical except XBL has XGC and PSN has dedicated servers. And from some of the rumors I heard with the PSN premium service like Cloud and free PS1 classics, I definitely am interested in it. TBut hey you never know it could be a rip off and only a few bells and wistles.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:55 am

3DO Was Something wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

ok, your right.

PSN isn't as good as XBL gold, I'll say that right off the bat. But to say its complete crap, no, Nintendo wifi is crap. If you look into it they are almost identical except XBL has XGC and PSN has dedicated servers. And from some of the rumors I heard with the PSN premium service like Cloud and free PS1 classics, I definitely am interested in it. TBut hey you never know it could be a rip off and only a few bells and wistles.

1. I never said it was complete crap. I said it was spotty and lacked features. PSN is free for a reason, they couldn't charge for it without losing subscribers to the superior XBL.

2. Not all PSN games have dedicated servers and some XBL games do.

3. XGC is only one advantage of XBL.
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:04 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

ok, your right.

1. I never said it was complete crap. I said it was spotty and lacked features. PSN is free for a reason, they couldn't charge for it without losing subscribers to the superior XBL.

2. Not all PSN games have dedicated servers and some XBL games do.

3. XGC is only one advantage of XBL.

I just named 1 reason for each, I know there are more than the ones I listed, but PSN has more dedicated server games like Warhawk, Resistance, Killzone 2, Uncharted, MAG, etc., while the only ones that come the top off my head for the 360 are frontlines and shadow run.

Also, there not discontinuing Free PSN.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:10 am

3DO Was Something wrote:

That's the dumbest part. If they charged for online gaming they'd be able to implement all kinds of advancements. then we'd really see competition between PSN and XBL. I'd love it because it would cause gamers to choose which service to pay for and which one to live without. MS and Sony would go into a price war and add features left and right.

It would be great for gamers.
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:19 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:

That's the dumbest part. If they charged for online gaming they'd be able to implement all kinds of advancements. then we'd really see competition between PSN and XBL. I'd love it because it would cause gamers to choose which service to pay for and which one to live without. MS and Sony would go into a price war and add features left and right.

That isn't a good idea with the state of the world economy, if I can still play online for free, thats a huge plus. We'd still see huge compitition though, because PSN gamershve been waiting for stuff like cloud an XGC.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:24 am

3DO Was Something wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:

That isn't a good idea with the state of the world economy, if I can still play online for free, thats a huge plus. We'd still see huge compitition though, because PSN gamershve been waiting for stuff like cloud an XGC.

Competition is always good for the economy. Always.

If most people can't afford both PSN and XBL they would all choose the one that appeal to them the most. Which ever online service started losing money would pack all kinds of great features in, lower their price, etc.

No matter which service you choose you'd get an amazing experience.

Right now if you want to play the best online you pay for XBL and if you have a PS3 you don't have to make a choice you can play both for the price of one. Although Sony seems to be the one that is having a hard time convincing people to play online.
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:43 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:

If most people can't afford both PSN and XBL they would all choose the one that appeal to them the most. Which ever online service started losing money would pack all kinds of great features in, lower their price, etc.

Right now if you want to play the best online you pay for XBL and if you have a PS3 you don't have to make a choice you can play both for the price of one. Although Sony seems to be the one that is having a hard time convincing people to play online.
What I'm saying is I'm a gamer and I don't want to pay for multiple online servives because I already have almost every game known to man that has been made the last 15-20 years, and I am perfectly content with paying for XBL and paying nothing for PSN, and I can't afford to pay for both. We all know its stupid to be a sulver member, but with what you get with the free PSN is great on its own, and I really don't want to pay for 2 services(I know I'm repeating myself, sorry). PSN maximizes what I can get for free and I'm happy of that and I doubt I'll get the premium service unless one of my family members buys it as a gift.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:21 am

3DO Was Something wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:

What I'm saying is I'm a gamer and I don't want to pay for multiple online servives because I already have almost every game known to man that has been made the last 15-20 years, and I am perfectly content with paying for XBL and paying nothing for PSN, and I can't afford to pay for both. We all know its stupid to be a sulver member, but with what you get with the free PSN is great on its own, and I really don't want to pay for 2 services(I know I'm repeating myself, sorry). PSN maximizes what I can get for free and I'm happy of that and I doubt I'll get the premium service unless one of my family members buys it as a gift.

If Sony charged they'd have to up their service. It would cause a price war and I could almost guarantee that you'd probably end up pay $30 or less for each and both would be of both high and equal quality. That's the power of competition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"   NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform" Empty

Back to top Go down

NPD "Xbox 360 is most used online platform"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: