This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apple or Microsoft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:50 am

We are not going to focus on game consoles (considering Apple does not have a home console... yet, but even if they did the 360 would still win). We shall focus on computers, software, portable media players, and the company as a whole. Which one do you think is better? Which one do you dislike? Why?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:22 am

Neither is very good, Zune is okay though

iPods and iPhones are utter garbage. Hell the only reason the iPhone is doing well is because of the brand name and apps stuff. The actual talking quality itself is sub par lol. And every person i know who has had an iPod had it crap out on them. (irony but the 360 is beast and has a great warranty unlike iPods)

Macintosh is good though, but crap for gaming lol.

Windows and Zune Marketplace are good though, so Microsoft is better.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:26 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Neither is very good, Zune is okay though

iPods and iPhones are utter garbage. Hell the only reason the iPhone is doing well is because of the brand name and apps stuff. The actual talking quality itself is sub par lol. And every person i know who has had an iPod had it crap out on them. (irony but the 360 is beast and has a great warranty unlike iPods)

Macintosh is good though, but crap for gaming lol.

Windows and Zune Marketplace are good though, so Microsoft is better.
Man I agree with you about the iPhone's talking quality. I personally like iPods, that is their best product I think. I like Microsoft better though, I think a lot of people judge Microsoft too harshly, but they do not judge Apple, I judge Apple all the time. If Microsoft is evil than Apple is just as evil as Microsoft. Apple also apparently hates games (leaked by an employee). So I say screw Apple for that, they should be my enemy for THAT!

lol
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 4:14 am

Apple makes good products but they cost too much and you can't configure or build them yourself.

With PC you can build it from the ground up and there are limitless possibilities in software and hardware.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:21 am

well i say apple
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:08 am

I absolutely despise apple even though i love the iPod (yes i know its weird).
The reason? because they basically monopolised the market for music player and that is never a good thing. They have created a large and loyal fanbase when they were releasing good products and now are taking advantage of that by releasing mediocre products (iPad) with the knowledge that there will be a heap of people that buy them.

Thankfully, I have not scummed to their messed up ways.
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Apple has better computers, but they cost so much I'll probably never own one.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:55 am

i say Microsoft simply because windows 7 is just as good as osx (which depends on pc os)and it cost less and the hardware is better for pc ex:hp dell vaio ect and i preffer zune then ipod but ipod is pretty good tho i prefer zune cause of the hd out put and and the hd radio and also that it has better quality videos and music but ipod only has apps (which are kewl apps but i still preffer zune so over all i think microsoft pwns
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 4:18 am

apple's mac cant run many games...
i think microsoft because i have a pc and wouldnt have it any other way
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:20 am

Apple makes macs which are better computers but MS makes the Xbox and PC(which is still great)

So I dont know who is better.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:10 pm

I grew up on MS PCs, so I pick them.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Well, like MLD I grew up on a MS pc. So I guess Microsoft for the most part but Apple is very cool!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:00 pm

I have used MS PCs a lot before, I would rather have a PC. But its the schools Mac and its free so... XD. But I would pick Microsoft in most industries but I probably would get an iPod Touch as a gaming machine. Though I still would want a Zune.....
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:44 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
I grew up on MS PCs, so I pick them.

Same here. When I picture a Mac, I picture a damn hipster.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:10 am

Just remember folks.... MS does not make the PC.... In this case they make the Operating System to most PC, with the exception of Linux.

Apple Hardware is beyond bad, the inability to upgrade drives me nuts.

Apple just got lucky with their iPod, eve in the Creative Zen was miles ahead of it in quality and sound.

Mac's are just custom designed computers with crappy hardware, which leads to the overprice.

Mac's are usually owned by design and video people, even if a PC for the same price is almost twice as good.

Microsoft is a software company with some hardware, they have made the single most important move in recent history. Creating something that is used in almost every home, the home computer (IBM and MS).

So, in my opinion, Mac/Apple is an accessory for an weird person, most likely a designer.
If you are more in to using the computer, then you have to use Linux.
And if you want everything to work with it, you use Windows.

But since they make the Xbox... I guess I have to say Microsoft by a long way... Even if i like Linux more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:50 pm

the mac can suck it. by the time the mac has any games we are all going to have been dead for a while.

the ipod is good though

not a huge fan of micro$oft either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:10 pm

4 gaming-microsoft
computer-apple
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:09 pm

I choose Microsoft for everything (though Apple's PMPs are great).
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Just remember folks.... MS does not make the PC.... In this case they make the Operating System to most PC, with the exception of Linux.

Apple Hardware is beyond bad, the inability to upgrade drives me nuts.

Apple just got lucky with their iPod, eve in the Creative Zen was miles ahead of it in quality and sound.

Mac's are just custom designed computers with crappy hardware, which leads to the overprice.

Mac's are usually owned by design and video people, even if a PC for the same price is almost twice as good.

Microsoft is a software company with some hardware, they have made the single most important move in recent history. Creating something that is used in almost every home, the home computer (IBM and MS).

So, in my opinion, Mac/Apple is an accessory for an weird person, most likely a designer.
If you are more in to using the computer, then you have to use Linux.
And if you want everything to work with it, you use Windows.

But since they make the Xbox... I guess I have to say Microsoft by a long way... Even if i like Linux more.

i really dont like linux that much.... Razz i never get whats so good bout it....
Btw din 360 avatar vem e de ? eller vem ska de föreställa ?
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Meh to Linux. Windows is where its at.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:31 pm

i like windows in gaming and computer with windows 7, mac osx needs windows to make it good
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:35 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
i like windows in gaming and computer with windows 7, mac osx needs windows to make it good
true
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:46 am

Kendo wrote:
Meh to Linux. Windows is where its at.
only real improvement linux made is that the upgradesdont build up (having windows XP and getting a problem in an earlier version) but its like installing a new opperating system.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Sponsored content

Apple or Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple or Microsoft   Apple or Microsoft Empty

Back to top Go down

Apple or Microsoft
Page 1 of 1