This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else

Go down 
+23
jaykay
Blixtstorm
uncrwndking
AsianSensation
danny100
xjosh360s
Alan1994
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
DemonWolf
Bullyblazer
arnt god of war
daveMastaKill
GeneralMLD
Zombl337
Gibbon_Master
A7MAD_AU
Spartan v07
Arbiteris
Mr. Project Natal
Kendo
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
Stoney
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Lmao they didn't even release Gears 2 to the PC even when they could have.
Back to top Go down
AsianSensation

AsianSensation

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:11 am

Maybe Epic should make GEARS OF WAR 3!

I want to chainsaw some new locusts
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:40 am

Jimmy Fallon, Monday April 12...

Keep an eye out for what Cliffy B will be revealing.
Back to top Go down
uncrwndking
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:40 am

MS had EPIC under contract for two games only. EPIC is free to do what they want with Gears 3. It can be PC only, wii only, hell, even PS3 only. EPIC is in control of what Gears 3 will be, not MS. If MS plans on retaining exclusivity, then they'll have to dish out a large lump sum out of their pockets for publishing rights.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:11 am

uncrwndking wrote:
MS had EPIC under contract for two games only. EPIC is free to do what they want with Gears 3. It can be PC only, wii only, hell, even PS3 only. EPIC is in control of what Gears 3 will be, not MS. If MS plans on retaining exclusivity, then they'll have to dish out a large lump sum out of their pockets for publishing rights.

And they will dish out a large lump of cash for Gears 3. They're not gonna give up one of 360's biggest 3rd party exclusives that easily.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:30 am

If Microsoft did buy Epic.... That would be...

An EPIC purchase! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:34 am

Blixtstorm wrote:

An EPIC purchase! Razz

The price tag would be 'Epic' also, I really doubt Microsoft would be able to afford them.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:36 am

uncrwndking wrote:
It'll probably end up like Mass Effect, where they won't want to give PS3 owners an incomplete series, so rather than putting one Gears game on the PS3, better they put none so as to not give PS3 owners a third of an experience.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:04 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

An EPIC purchase! Razz

The price tag would be 'Epic' also, I really doubt Microsoft would be able to afford them.
ms is a huge company...
Back to top Go down
uncrwndking
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:40 am

ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:

And they will dish out a large lump of cash for Gears 3. They're not gonna give up one of 360's biggest 3rd party exclusives that easily.
Don't be so confident.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:42 am

uncrwndking wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:

Don't be so confident.

Why would I not be confident about Microsoft paying a large amount of cash for 360's second largest exclusive franchise?
Back to top Go down
uncrwndking
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:18 am

ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:

Don't be so confident.

Why would I not be confident about Microsoft paying a large amount of cash for 360's second largest exclusive franchise?
Why are you just counting on Microsoft to come through to make Gears 3 exclusive? Did it ever cross your mind that maybe Epic wants Gears to go multi-plat despite how much money Microsoft throws at them?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:53 am

uncrwndking wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:

Don't be so confident.

Why are you just counting on Microsoft to come through to make Gears 3 exclusive? Did it ever cross your mind that maybe Epic wants Gears to go multi-plat despite how much money Microsoft throws at them?

But you see, it would take quite an expensive port to bring it to the PS3 since Gears was designed from the ground up as a 360 title. You also have to remember that the first thing that developers and publishers think of is profit. If Microsoft believe that Gears of War 3 is a system seller in the long term (which is it) they will put a large sum of money to get it exclusive. And if Epic believes that this large sum of cash has more benefits for their company than bringing Gears to PS3, they will take the offer.
Back to top Go down
uncrwndking
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:04 am

ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:

Don't be so confident.

But you see, it would take quite an expensive port to bring it to the PS3 since Gears was designed from the ground up as a 360 title. You also have to remember that the first thing that developers and publishers think of is profit. If Microsoft believe that Gears of War 3 is a system seller in the long term (which is it) they will put a large sum of money to get it exclusive. And if Epic believes that this large sum of cash has more benefits for their company than bringing Gears to PS3, they will take the offer.

You're completely out ruling the fact that these are developers, artists. These are a proud bunch of people who take pride in the work they do. If you were Michaelangelo, would you take a bribe from one museum for that museum to exclusively hang up your work? Or would you want your work to be hung up in every museum possible for everybody to enjoy? Epic are people, not just robots who make games and look for a cash payout. I'm not saying Gears 3 is going multi-plat, but you're ruling it as an exclusive when it's very possible for it not to be. Look at all possibilities, not just one.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:14 am

uncrwndking wrote:

You're completely out ruling the fact that these are developers, artists. These are a proud bunch of people who take pride in the work they do. If you were Michaelangelo, would you take a bribe from one museum for that museum to exclusively hang up your work? Or would you want your work to be hung up in every museum possible for everybody to enjoy? Epic are people, not just robots who make games and look for a cash payout. I'm not saying Gears 3 is going multi-plat, but you're ruling it as an exclusive when it's very possible for it not to be. Look at all possibilities, not just one.

Yes I understand that they take pride in their work but that can only get limited if there isnt a pay off. We've seen it time and time again with PS3 games. Developers put their hearts into a game with a huge production budget but it just doesnt sell as well. Uncharted 2 did not sell enough based on how good the game was. But Gears of War sells really well on the 360, 6 million each i believe. It's as simple as PS3 games do not sell.

Also there is the fact that there is barely an established audience on the PS3 and the fact that it is the conclusion to a trilogy greatly dashes the prospect of it going to PS3. I do understand the situations that Gears 3 may go to PS3 but I think it would be the wrong think for Epic to do as a company based on Microsoft's previously history with paying developers a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
uncrwndking
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:24 am

ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:

Yes I understand that they take pride in their work but that can only get limited if there isnt a pay off. We've seen it time and time again with PS3 games. Developers put their hearts into a game with a huge production budget but it just doesnt sell as well. Uncharted 2 did not sell enough based on how good the game was. But Gears of War sells really well on the 360, 6 million each i believe. It's as simple as PS3 games do not sell.

Also there is the fact that there is barely an established audience on the PS3 and the fact that it is the conclusion to a trilogy greatly dashes the prospect of it going to PS3. I do understand the situations that Gears 3 may go to PS3 but I think it would be the wrong think for Epic to do as a company based on Microsoft's previously history with paying developers a lot of money.
3 million copies in 6 months means a game isn't selling well? You must really be stuck in Xbox-land thinking that way. Thanks for your input, I'll keep in mind that PS3 games don't sell well since they can't plateau 6 million+.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 am

uncrwndking wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
uncrwndking wrote:

3 million copies in 6 months means a game isn't selling well? You must really be stuck in Xbox-land thinking that way. Thanks for your input, I'll keep in mind that PS3 games don't sell well since they can't plateau 6 million+.

Mate, did I ever say that Uncharted 2 sold badly? No. I clearly said that the quality and production values of the game deserved greater sales. I was complimenting the game.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Gears 3 will be exclusive to 360.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

Yeah, Epic games knows the only place worth releasing exclusives is the Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:41 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Yeah, Epic games knows the only place worth releasing exclusives is the Xbox 360.
QFT
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:12 am

Is UT3 multiplat or a 360 console exclusive?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:32 pm

@uncrwndking

Gears of War 3 is being published by Microsoft Game Studios...dumbass.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:36 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Is UT3 multiplat or a 360 console exclusive?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/unrealtournament2007?q=unreal%20tournament%203

Multiplat

And although it's completely unrelated,
Quake 4's a console exclusive though!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/quake4?q=quake

I dunno why I said that...I just always associated UT and Quake for some reason....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:10 pm

As long as I can still play mah gears on my 360 I could care less!
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: ^^ logic   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:49 pm

ok ok, epic dose not want to be owned by anyone, microsoft, sony, ea, activion, and so on.

they like to be independent, and as long as UR engin is still as widly used, no one will buy epic. Very Happy

oh and GOW will go mutiplat some day, but there are some thing that have to be worked out.(and they can be worked out with in then next 2 years.)

id say it all depends on the sales of bullet storm. Cool

btw if any one wants to be an xbox editer for my site send me a meg, or reply to this. in already the ps, and over all editor. need some help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else   Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft should purchase Epic....or else
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next