This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?

Go down 
+10
Stigma
joe11
spartan225
Lt Xplosi
Zombl337
handkerchief
Arbiteris
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
ZeInFormer
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:43 am

The reason why I posted this thread is because the game's almost 10 years old and I have a feeling we could have a remake from Bungie or some other studio sooner.

Don't get me wrong, I love the original game and it's the best console FPS game I've played so far, but it did have a couple of minor flaws. There's no such thing as a perfect game no matter what.

I personally think the pistol could've been a bit weaker, the shotgun was pretty overpowered at times, and who here thinks the AR should've had better accuracy? God, I love the AR, but the accuracy turns me off at times and it's supposed to be a short-medium range weapon. I think Bungie need to learn how to make a true assault rifle (they should look at the Lancer-that's a good example of a good assault rifle). About the shotgun, it's just deadly at close to medium range weapon, it pretty much make the AR and PR kinda useless.

I thought Bungie really fixed the shotgun in Halo 3 and ODST. It feels more balanced although I wished the range should be a little more longer, but it's the most balanced one so far. Also I would love to see the same engine on Reach and I think they could change the game a bit from the original. You know, they could probably add more AI on screen and probably tweak em around a bit like maybe the AR could kill 10 grunts on Legendary vs killing 6 grunts on Legendary (the Xbox/PC version).

It would be awesome to revisit levels like Assault On The Control Room or Truth and Reconciliation on Reach's engine. Last but not least, I want Xbox Live compatability and everything's really fine in the multiplayer aspect, but possibly make the pistol a bit weaker and buffen up the Needler.

I'm also sure the remake would have theater and forge mode which would be awesome.

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please break walls of text into paragraphs)
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:24 am

I could see them remaking it in HD graphics possibly with the Reach engine but there's no way that they will change anything in the game. Live compatibility may be added with Halo 1 but if there were to be a Halo 2 remake, it would definitely have Live.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:35 am

If Halo 1 and 2 was given the HD treatment I'd stand in line in the rain to buy them day one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:27 am

I think they should either release the Halo Trilogy in one disc or mutliple one's,like they did with the Metroid Prime Trilogy OR they should release Halo 1 and 2 like they did with God Of War

Each year Halo 1 and 2 is getting harder to find.Sooner or later,you wont be able to find it in your gamestore.And if the copy of the games you have now break,what are you going to do.

The halo experience wouldnt ber close as good without Halo 1 and 2
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:15 am

HellJumper wrote:
I think they should either release the Halo Trilogy in one disc or mutliple one's,like they did with the Metroid Prime Trilogy OR they should release Halo 1 and 2 like they did with God Of War

Each year Halo 1 and 2 is getting harder to find.Sooner or later,you wont be able to find it in your gamestore.And if the copy of the games you have now break,what are you going to do.

The halo experience wouldnt ber close as good without Halo 1 and 2

i agree. i think that if they do a remake they should have halo 1+2 together.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 am

What you just described is exactly what Halo: Reach is going to be Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 pm

That would be nice, but bungie won't do it, bungie doesn't do remakes, for example, they wanted to bring back marathon, but becasue they don't do remakes they created Halo. Though I would still purchase it if remade.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
What you just described is exactly what Halo: Reach is going to be Smile
well pretty much yeah Very Happy
but with more weaps and such
i cant wait for reach
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
The reason why I posted this thread is because the game's almost 10 years old and I have a feeling we could have a remake from Bungie or some other studio sooner.

Don't get me wrong, I love the original game and it's the best console FPS game I've played so far, but it did have a couple of minor flaws. There's no such thing as a perfect game no matter what.

I personally think the pistol could've been a bit weaker, the shotgun was pretty overpowered at times, and who here thinks the AR should've had better accuracy? God, I love the AR, but the accuracy turns me off at times and it's supposed to be a short-medium range weapon. I think Bungie need to learn how to make a true assault rifle (they should look at the Lancer-that's a good example of a good assault rifle). About the shotgun, it's just deadly at close to medium range weapon, it pretty much make the AR and PR kinda useless.

I thought Bungie really fixed the shotgun in Halo 3 and ODST. It feels more balanced although I wished the range should be a little more longer, but it's the most balanced one so far. Also I would love to see the same engine on Reach and I think they could change the game a bit from the original. You know, they could probably add more AI on screen and probably tweak em around a bit like maybe the AR could kill 10 grunts on Legendary vs killing 6 grunts on Legendary (the Xbox/PC version).

It would be awesome to revisit levels like Assault On The Control Room or Truth and Reconciliation on Reach's engine. Last but not least, I want Xbox Live compatability and everything's really fine in the multiplayer aspect, but possibly make the pistol a bit weaker and buffen up the Needler.

I'm also sure the remake would have theater and forge mode which would be awesome.

Dont think reviewers will like the same game being made again but with HD graphics.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
That would be nice, but bungie won't do it, bungie doesn't do remakes, for example, they wanted to bring back marathon, but becasue they don't do remakes they created Halo. Though I would still purchase it if remade.

Of course Bungie wont do it,but 343 probally will
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:28 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

Of course Bungie wont do it,but 343 probally will

I hope so. I bet there are a lot of young Xbox 360 gamers who never played the original 2 Halo games. HD versions would probably appeal to them.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:59 pm

that would be the best idea halo 1 and 2 in one disc with hd graphics
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 pm

joe11 wrote:

Yeah, just like God of War Collection but better becuase it's not a hack n' slash.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Yeah, just like God of War Collection but better becuase it's not a hack n' slash.

Exactly

Halo 1 and 2 are key parts to the Halo universe and story.Any hardcore Halo fan needs to have them.And they are getting harder to find now.So 343 really needs to remake them for 360
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:57 pm

spartan225 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

Dont think reviewers will like the same game being made again but with HD graphics.
With Reach's engine, they can change the experience a bit by adding more enemies since it can hold up to 40+ enemies on screen. Not only that, I'm sure Bungie/343 could add something new to the remake like Brutes.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:11 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
spartan225 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

With Reach's engine, they can change the experience a bit by adding more enemies since it can hold up to 40+ enemies on screen. Not only that, I'm sure Bungie/343 could add something new to the remake like Brutes.

Yeah kind of like the Gamecube remake of Metal Gear Solid.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:

Marathon Durandel is on the XBL Marketplace, would that count as a remake? Or was it just a port cause I never played Marathon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:30 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

Marathon Durandel is on the XBL Marketplace, would that count as a remake? Or was it just a port cause I never played Marathon.

I have Marathon Durandal on Xbox, and I have the entire triligy on PC and the entire triligy for Mac, Yes, Durandal is a remake of Durandal, but the remake was made by Freeverse, the version on the web which is free was a major community project with Bungie to re-release it on the computer for free, this was bungie working directly with the community though, but it was not a major release.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:02 pm

They should re-release Halo 1 and 2 in HD possibly on one disc.
Back to top Go down
Crownjo
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Crownjo

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:57 am

Alan1994 wrote:
IMO I think it deserves to be on two discs. That's just me. Would it have any benifits if it was on two discs?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:08 am

Crownjo wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
IMO I think it deserves to be on two discs. That's just me. Would it have any benifits if it was on two discs?

Well more space normally means things like uncompressed audio and textures. But that really doesn't affect the graphics phenomenally.
Back to top Go down
Crownjo
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Crownjo

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:11 am

ghost23 wrote:
Crownjo wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Well more space normally means things like uncompressed audio and textures. But that really doesn't affect the graphics phenomenally.
Still I think a HD Halo 1 and 2 would be nice to have.

To be honest I don't want them to change the graphic style. I think makeing it look nice and smooth would be great.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:14 am

Crownjo wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Crownjo wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Still I think a HD Halo 1 and 2 would be nice to have.

To be honest I don't want them to change the graphic style. I think makeing it look nice and smooth would be great.

I think they should just port it over to the Halo 3 engine and release it as a collection pack. It would be a great first project for 343 Industries.
Back to top Go down
s2000Joker
Seaman Recruit
s2000Joker

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:05 am

I think they should make you play it from the Arbiters perspective and up the graphics.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:50 am

I think they should let another company remake it and make it HD
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?   Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo: Combat Evolved Remake - Your thoughts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: