This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 Exclusive

Go down 
+9
handkerchief
DemonWolf
GeneralMLD
A7MAD_AU
ghost23
djsonic99
3DO Teabagger
343_Guilty_Spark
OnlyABluRayPlayer
13 posters
AuthorMessage
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 am

If a game that is both on Wii and PS3 does that mean it will be considered an "exclusive"? Just wondering because of a couple games coming out soon that are on both systems (wii and ps3) and now that the playstation move is coming out devs could easily port their games to the ps3.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:33 am

It's it's on two or more consoles it's not exclusive. Since PC is not a console it doesn't count, but the Wii definitely counts.

Go To vgchartz and look at the graph right in the middle of the front page. It shows three consoles and two handhelds.

Hmm, I wonder why no PC?

Oh yeah, becuase the PC doesn't count in a CONSOLE war.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:34 am

No its not an exclusive, no matter which side you are on. So the Wii will be losing quite a few shovelware exclusives I bet. Smile
Back to top Go down
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:36 am

3DO Teabagger wrote:
No its not an exclusive, no matter which side you are on. So the Wii will be losing quite a few shovelware exclusives I bet. Smile

LOL YEP. CARNIVAL GAMES 7 CONFIRMED PS3 EXCLUSIVE.

On a more serious note, is this "Console War" thread purely Xbox 360 vs PS3?
Back to top Go down
djsonic99
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
djsonic99

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:40 am

except the best devs for the wii (not to mention the best games) are nintendo. personally, i sony don't stand a chance. hardware is one thing but sony is gonna have to back up their wii mote with games. to me, most ps3 games are boring therefore move its gonna fail.....when PS move come out, ps3s new name is gonna be the boring wii. sorry for being so harsh but id be lying if i said any different.

Last edited by djsonic99 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:40 am

OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:

LOL YEP. CARNIVAL GAMES 7 CONFIRMED PS3 EXCLUSIVE.

On a more serious note, is this "Console War" thread purely Xbox 360 vs PS3?

"Discuss the state of the "Console War" and the Xbox 360's dominance in hardcore gaming. NOTE: This is NOT a multi-console forum."

That just about says it all doesn't it? This is an Xbox 360 fan forum as I'm sure you know. We have an other section for other console discussions.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:43 am

In terms of PS3 VS XBOX 360, it will be a game that you can play on PS3 but not on XBOX 360, but you can't count it as a console exclusive because its on two consoles.
Back to top Go down
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:50 am

ghost23 wrote:
In terms of PS3 VS XBOX 360, it will be a game that you can play on PS3 but not on XBOX 360, but you can't count it as a console exclusive because its on two consoles.

Okay that's awesome then! Because that means we technically have a lot more exclusives because PC isn't counted as a platform here, but ps3/wii games aren't counted as ps3 exclusives, LOOOOL we have 2010 in the bag people.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:10 am

OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Okay that's awesome then! Because that means we technically have a lot more exclusives because PC isn't counted as a platform here, but ps3/wii games aren't counted as ps3 exclusives, LOOOOL we have 2010 in the bag people.

No, the PC is a gaming "platform", it's just not a gaming console. This is not a "Platform War" with everything that can play games pitted against eachother. This is a wr between three companies. Sony, MS, and Nintendo.

Please read what I wrote earlier since you seem to have overlooked it.

Quote :
It's it's on two or more consoles it's not exclusive. Since PC is not a console it doesn't count, but the Wii definitely counts.

Go To vgchartz and look at the graph right in the middle of the front page. It shows three consoles and two handhelds.

Hmm, I wonder why no PC?

Oh yeah, becuase the PC doesn't count in a CONSOLE war.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:46 am

PC needs to be placed by itself, in its very own category.

Many people have a PC but not every PC owner has a 'gaming rig'.

We are discussing consoles, thus whatever is available on one console but not the others is deemed an exclusive, regardless if it's PS3, Wii and/or 360.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Same thing with 360/PC games..............the PS3/Wii agme would be a multiplat, but would also count in 360/ps3 debates.

We say 360/pC games count, so we must be prepared to let the door swing both ways.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:26 pm

I'll call any wii/ps3 game an exclusive.

This is between PS3 & 360 right?

So yeah, it's a ps3 & wii exclusive.
We get a lot of pc & 360 exclusives.

It's fair.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 pm

what about ps3 vs wii. would you count most of the games that are ps3/360/pc games as exclusive?
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:34 pm

If its on PS3 and Wii, we can call it HD Exclusive. =)
Back to top Go down

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:40 pm

It depends on the way it is being used, in terms of all consoles no it doesn't like PC/360 games, but it does in terms of PS3 vs 360.
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Shoke

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Well, it wouldn't be considered an exclusive, BUT, you'd be able to bring it up in an argument as an edge since you won't be able to play it on 360. Not exclusive, but an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Its a HD CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE! =)
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Shoke wrote:
Well, it wouldn't be considered an exclusive, BUT, you'd be able to bring it up in an argument as an edge since you won't be able to play it on 360. Not exclusive, but an advantage.

yeah but some definitions of exclusive state that it can apply not just for a single console but a group. For example you could probaby call it a wii/ps3 exclusive. Either way, 360 can't play it so it is indeed an advantage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Shoke wrote:

360/PC games are exclusive in the console wars

The PC isnt a gaming Console,it is a gaming Platform.And the console wars isnt called "Platform War".So 360 side can call a PC/360 game exclusive
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:55 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Shoke wrote:

The PC isnt a gaming Console,it is a gaming Platform.And the console wars isnt called "Platform War".So 360 side can call a PC/360 game exclusive

I have a lot of respect for the Wii. I don't like the more gimicky games, but Nintendo always makes qaulity games.

I will not diminish the Wii by saying ports to the PS3 don't count becuase the Wii isn't HD.

The Wii is a console. This is a console war. It counts. Wii/PS3 games are not exclusive. They may not be on the Xbox 360, but they aren't exclusive.

PC on the other hand is a whole different story. The PC isn't a console therefor anything that happens on PC has no effect on the console war. Thus PC/Xbox 360 games are exclusive to the Xbox 360 in regards to the console war.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:00 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Shoke wrote:

I have a lot of respect for the Wii. I don't like the more gimicky games, but Nintendo always makes qaulity games.

I will not diminish the Wii by saying ports to the PS3 don't count becuase the Wii isn't HD.

The Wii is a console. This is a console war. It counts. Wii/PS3 games are not exclusive. They may not be on the Xbox 360, but they aren't exclusive.

PC on the other hand is a whole different story. The PC isn't a console therefor anything that happens on PC has no effect on the console war. Thus PC/Xbox 360 games are exclusive to the Xbox 360 in regards to the console war.

That is what I just said...
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 pm

HellJumper wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Shoke wrote:

Yeah I was agreeing with you. I wanted to reply to Shoke and agree with you at the same time.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 pm

i say yes because its ps3 vs 360 like mld said if its not on ps3 or 360 it should count
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:06 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Shoke wrote:

Yeah I was agreeing with you. I wanted to reply to Shoke and agree with you at the same time.

Oh okay,it sounded like you were saying it to me.My bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS3 Exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Exclusive   PS3 Exclusive Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 Exclusive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: