This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone here in a band?

Go down 
+6
Lt Xplosi
Stoney
Invincible
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:34 pm

im in the school band i play a guitar and clarinet
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:39 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Dave Grohl = Best drummer...anyone agree?
no. The rev (R.I.P) or Lars.

Its your fav bands drummer.And he passed anyway prematurely which is very sad. But when talking about all time drummers Dave Grohl is one of the best. And my fav.

I don't think Dave Grohl is that good personally. :/ Btw he doesn't drum anymore does he? Does he have any side-bands apart from FF?

Them Crooked Vultures(Josh Homme,John Paul Jones,Dave Grohl) and Queens of the Stone Age.

ahh yes. I knew about qotsa but not them crooked vultures!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:45 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Yeah Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater is awesome!

No offense DDD, because we rarely have a difference of opinion but Lars Ulrich is nothing short of terrible. Quite alot of Metallica songs are just screaming for double bass but Lars just can't do it and when Lars tries to use double bass this happens...

The Rev is better than Lars but never in his wildest dreams could he have ever of hoped to achieve 280 bpm on just one foot like George Kollias.

The ankle technique is not for mere mortals.

Well fuck me, you're right! Lol I mainly only mentioned Lars because my friend showed me a song in which the drumming sounded good, but I don't think it was Double pedal or anything. Well yeah I guess that George guy is better than the rev, damn!! Lol but i'm always going to worship the rev for
writing some of my fav songs of all time! Smile
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:35 am

demondragondude wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

No offense DDD, because we rarely have a difference of opinion but Lars Ulrich is nothing short of terrible. Quite alot of Metallica songs are just screaming for double bass but Lars just can't do it and when Lars tries to use double bass this happens...

The Rev is better than Lars but never in his wildest dreams could he have ever of hoped to achieve 280 bpm on just one foot like George Kollias.

Well fuck me, you're right! Lol I mainly only mentioned Lars because my friend showed me a song in which the drumming sounded good, but I don't think it was Double pedal or anything. Well yeah I guess that George guy is better than the rev, damn!! Lol but i'm always going to worship the rev for

Lars is very over-rated, I used to think he was really good years ago but now I can't help but feel he's held Metallica back with his lack of skills.
There's nothing wrong with The Rev been your favourite drummer, as much as I think George Kollias (Nile's Drummer) is one of the best drummers in the world, My personal favourite drummer is Horgh from Immortal.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Lars is very over-rated, I used to think he was really good years ago but now I can't help but feel he's held Metallica back with his lack of skills.
There's nothing wrong with The Rev been your favourite drummer, as much as I think George Kollias (Nile's Drummer) is one of the best drummers in the world, My personal favourite drummer is Horgh from Immortal.

lol yeah, Lars doesn't seem so amazing now xD
Yeah that's cool. I know that guitarists like Alexi Laiho and Steve Vai are far better than Synyster Gates (A7X) but I prefer A7X's stye personally so I like Syn more hehe. In fact, the members of Avenged Sevenfold are my favourite of almost everything; singer, drums, guitar but not bass. The bassist is good but he doesn't really stand out. His playing doesn't really have much effect on the songs.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:04 am

demondragondude wrote:
Yeah that's cool. I know that guitarists like Alexi Laiho and Steve Vai are far better than Synyster Gates (A7X) but I prefer A7X's stye personally so I like Syn more hehe. In fact, the members of Avenged Sevenfold are my favourite of almost everything; singer, drums, guitar but not bass. The bassist is good but he doesn't really stand out. His playing doesn't really have much effect on the songs.

Even though my music taste has become alot heavier since I first started getting into music my vote for the best bassist still has to go with Flea from RHCP, I mean I bought his signature bass which cost me over £2000 a fair few years ago and since i've bought a rarer than rare pick-up on ebay for £300 which was only issued with the first few Modulus Flea Basses back in 1997 and I had it fitted on mine.

Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 Modulus_FB4_BG

Although when it comes to Metal, I think the best bassists are Steve Harris (Iron Maiden), Fieldy (Korn), Ryan Martinie (Mudvayne) and Les Claypool (Primus)
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:40 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
I'm going to pretend I never even read that comment about Dave Grohl been the best drummer because he's not even worth mentioning. Joey Jordison, the best!? Don't make me laugh. He's child's play compared to George Kollias!

LMAO seriously??? joey jordison pwns that guy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:20 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Even though my music taste has become alot heavier since I first started getting into music my vote for the best bassist still has to go with Flea from RHCP, I mean I bought his signature bass which cost me over £2000 a fair few years ago and since i've bought a rarer than rare pick-up on ebay for £300 which was only issued with the first few Modulus Flea Basses back in 1997 and I had it fitted on mine.

Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 Modulus_FB4_BG

Although when it comes to Metal, I think the best bassists are Steve Harris (Iron Maiden), Fieldy (Korn), Ryan Martinie (Mudvayne) and Les Claypool (Primus)

Yeah I agree. Flea really is amazing!!

And wow XD I would probably never pay that much for an instrument lol

So cool though.

But yeah, for bassist I don't really know who my favourite is really.... I'm not a huge fan of bassists as such. I think that dude from Muse does a pretty good job but as for favourite bassists I really dunno.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:52 pm

its official. i am now taking keyboard lessons.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:14 am

the RPG guy wrote:

Let's play some Bodom covers!
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:30 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

not a huge fan of bodom. i like kalmah and a few melodic black metal bands
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:56 am

xjosh360s wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
I'm going to pretend I never even read that comment about Dave Grohl been the best drummer because he's not even worth mentioning. Joey Jordison, the best!? Don't make me laugh. He's child's play compared to George Kollias!

LMAO seriously??? joey jordison pwns that guy

Josh, your opinion is now irrelevant due to that comment. Do your homework...

First off watch this video at 3:28, the only way to play double bass that fast is to master the 'Ankle Technique' something I think you'll find Joey 'Coke Nose' Jordison can NEVER do.

Now here's some brutal handwork just to end this argument once and for all. From about 1:28 is my favourite part.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:18 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

lol that would be cool XD
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:19 am

Kinda off topic but John Frusciante from RHCP got voted best guitarist of the past 30 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here in a band?   Anyone here in a band? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone here in a band?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Movies/TV/Anime/Music/Books-
Jump to: