This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review of Knights of the Old Republic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Review of Knights of the Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Review of Knights of the Old Republic   Review of Knights of the Old Republic EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 pm

My favorite RPG series ever

Story
This game takes place in a more interesting time of star wars, about 4,000 before star wars episode 4. Here you have the Republic fighting the sith. This time their leader is a sith lord named Darth Malak, last apprentice of the sith lord Darth Revan. The republic is losing. You are a character that you make yourself and pick your own name stats and what have you. You are on a Republic capital ship, the Endar Spire, which is under heavy attack from sith boarding parties and a swarm of sith fighters outside. The ship is destroyed as you narrowly escape it in a pod with a party member. You are now Taris, looking for another survivor, a young Jedi from your ship named Bastila. The story has you on a quest to stop the sith empire, or on a quest to take it for yourself if you want, the game has 2 different endings.

A notable thing about this time period is that unlike the movies, where you only have a lot of Jedi and only about 1 to 2 sith with a lot of non force using followers, there are about as many sith here as there are jedi, and are commonly found depending on your location.

The story has many plot twists and many ways to solve each problem depending on you decisions. Despite only two main endings, the story is a work of art.

Korriban, Valley of the Dark Lords
Review of Knights of the Old Republic WIP-Korriban4

Gameplay
This game is a turn based RPG based on stats, and powers. The combat is a lot funner then it sounds. You skill sets, benefits, and how often you can receive these benefits is based on your class, there are six and you must pick two.

Start game classes:
1-Soldier-Pure combat skill with little skill in anything else
2-Scout-A balance between combat and skills
3-Scoundrel-Little combat skill and more skill with skills as well as start off bonuses like stealth mode.

Jedi Classes:
1-Guardian-More combat skill and less force skill, have blue lightsabers
2-Sentinel-Balance between force and combat, have yellow lightsabers
3-Consular-More force skill then combat, have green lightsabers

You also have conversations where you can use stats like lying and persuasion to effect the outcome of a situation. Even a person who likes to talk their way out of problems will have fights on their hands.

A player fights Sand People on Tatooine
Review of Knights of the Old Republic Details_star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-savegame-editor-1.1.0-beta-1

Sound/Music
Every sound in here is made to sound just like how a star wars sound should, everything from lightsabers to blasters and even languages. The music is easy to identify as star wars but has it's own sound track with some different songs, possibly some familiar ones make a return, but in all the games glory, I couldn't tell.

Graphics/Art
The graphics were good and top notch for the games time and the PC version has the option for better graphics, The art work is exactly appropriate to star wars and or what ever planet you happen to be on.

Replayablility
This game has two endings and six classes, there are numerous events with other endings as well, and the class you pick has a different way of solving each problem. There is also a free patch and DLC in the Options menu, this patch is what I would assume to be a glich fixer, hence why I have not mentioned any gliches, even though I have had some, the patches for this game are free and there to fix them. There is also Yavin Station, there is nothing there but a shop with extremely valueably items, and the clerk gives you a discount for beating him at some Pazzak (card mini game).

Yavin Station
Review of Knights of the Old Republic YavinStation

This game has a well deserved high spot as one of the best games of the last decade as well as of all time, it is well earned and my favorite RPG.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic   Review of Knights of the Old Republic EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:19 pm

this game is from the guys that made mass effect 1 and 2? bioware or something like that? OMG i forgot the name Razz
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic   Review of Knights of the Old Republic EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:21 am

Lol, you just HAD to say my name Razz

The story is your typical Star Wars story.

KOTOR certainly was one of the best(if not the best) RPG's last gen.But Mass Effect is a bigger and better version of KOTOR.Mass Effect has improved on everything.

The combat system in KOTOR also isnt the greatest

Hmm,there are like 8 classes in ME2 and MANY multiple ending's.Just saying Wink

Great Review though
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic   Review of Knights of the Old Republic EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:34 am

Never liked Star Wars...

Nice review
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic   Review of Knights of the Old Republic EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:30 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Lol, you just HAD to say my name Razz

The story is your typical Star Wars story.

KOTOR certainly was one of the best(if not the best) RPG's last gen.But Mass Effect is a bigger and better version of KOTOR.Mass Effect has improved on everything.

The combat system in KOTOR also isnt the greatest

Hmm,there are like 8 classes in ME2 and MANY multiple ending's.Just saying Wink

Great Review though

Rolling Eyes

I will respond to your opinions with some of my own

I do not see Mass Effect as a bigger and better version that "imporved" on everything. Yes, there is no denying the Mass Effect is one of the greatest RPGs of all time, but not the best in my eyes, and many others. The story in KOTOR had a lengendary plot twist, regarded as one of the best in gaming history. Mass Effect, correct me if I am wrong, did not. As for "typical", I don't see it as typical, especially with the plot twists it is certianly unique(even without the twist), but it has a few "typical" elements that do not dominate the story in any major way.

The combat system, it's not whether or not it was good, it works very well, but it's more of a manner of whether or not the combat system is your preferred style or one that you happen to like.

Since you mentioned ME2, I will say that many endings don't make the game better then another, and KOTOR 2 has 9 classes.

ME is still a great game, but not as good as this, in my eyes and many others.

Besides,no matter your opinion on KOTOR, they said that "The Old Republic" is going to be their best game ever, and that is part of Knights of the Old Republic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic   Review of Knights of the Old Republic Empty

Back to top Go down

Review of Knights of the Old Republic
Page 1 of 1