This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Review for Left 4 Dead

Go down 
+3
GJman77
buddhapride69
Grim0666
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grim0666
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Grim0666

Game Review for Left 4 Dead Empty
PostSubject: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:34 pm

- Gameplay
the concept of this game is that of your basic survival horror but played out to a more extreme level. you fight through levels trying to get to the safehouse and eventually the extraction point. Free DLC was added to create a horde mode on just about all of the levels and added a new level. a AI director controls the flow off the game deciding when to throw hordes of zombies or special infected at like the Tank and the Witch and other zombies that deal tons of damage. The game offers lots of great stand off for fight zombies where you have to hold them off while an object is being pulled by a crane to allow you to progress through the level of when waiting for the extraction vehicle. Weapon varitiy is low but offers 5 different guns and 2 different grenades and has 4 campaigns with 5 chapters/ sections each. The campaign also feature 4 player co-op)

- Graphics/Art
nothing special graphically but it doesn't affect the gamplay. All of the levels feature a dark environment and night to dusk settings. graphically fine and creates a dark terror styled environment.

- Music/Sound
music and sound are a very crucial part of this game most of the special infected make a certain sound so you know whats coming , but you may not see them. the more intense the music gets the bigger the problem is which could be a horde of zombies, a witch, or a death defying tank. This keep you alert espically on high difficulties like expert (recommended 4 player co-op) where basic zombies do 10 damage from 100 hp.

- Multiplayer/Online (if any)
There is the 4 player co-op mode which works in any campaign or survival (the horde esque mode) and then there is the verses mode. The verses mode is 8 player 4 human and 4 infected which one team tries to make it to the saferoom with as many people alive as possible and with the most health while the infected try to stop them with the special infected (special infected are: Smoker a sniper like zombie whose tongue latchs to it's tongue and constrins it's enemies, Boomer a fat zombie that throws up on the human which attracts zombies to that human(s), Hunter a zombie that pouces on it's foes ripping them to shreds and can jump off walls if done right, Tank which is a zombie powerhouse capable of throwing rocks punch hmans across the maps and wrecking anything in it's path (1 per round usally except the finale)) both sides require a good amount of strategy to win and can be a daunting task.
- Replayability
high

gamplay- 9.5
graphics- 8.5
sound- 9
multi- 9
overall- 9
Back to top Go down
buddhapride69
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
buddhapride69

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:17 am

i agree with everything u said nice job Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buddhapride69
GJman77
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
GJman77

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:04 am

Haven't played it but i am highly excited for the 2nd one!
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 3:43 pm

L4D FTW!
Back to top Go down
Grim0666
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Grim0666

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:39 pm

GJman77 wrote:
Haven't played it but i am highly excited for the 2nd one!

yeah the second will e the same as the first from what I hear but the director has more control over the game by eliminating shortcuts or send ammo if you need help (new ammo types are being added) it has a southern theme to it and they are going to incorperate melee weapons it should be good I'll review it when it comes out
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Sounds awesome. I'll definaetly consider getting it!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Left 4 Dead Kinda suck to me, it gets boring after a few levels
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:15 pm

tr3ykilla wrote:

Try Versus mode.

bounce
Back to top Go down
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:18 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
tr3ykilla wrote:

Try Versus mode.

bounce

I tried it, I dint like it either
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:17 pm

The only bad part about Left 4 Dead 4 me is the amount of 11 and under year olds who SUCK. And are also ANOYING!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:39 pm

Project Natal Informer wrote:
The only bad part about Left 4 Dead 4 me is the amount of 11 and under year olds who SUCK. And are also ANOYING!

I let my nephews and nieces play L4D1 and L4D2, but OFFLINE only. No online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for Left 4 Dead   Game Review for Left 4 Dead Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Review for Left 4 Dead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: