This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords Empty
PostSubject: Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords   Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:39 pm

This is one of the best games in my opinion, I love it, it is a sequel to the original Knights of the Old Republic.

Story
Kreia: Something is wrong, I sense no one on board.
Atton: You "sense" no one on board? Sense any assassin droids creeping up behind us like last time?
Kreia: Everyone here has been slain, yet there are few signs of battle, no carbon scoring, no blaster fire. This place has been hit by assassins of a different sort.
Atton: Then what are we doing on this ship! We were better off in the facility!

Kreia and Atton after entering the republic crusier Harbinger.

It is 5 years after the events of Knights of the Old Republic, the Jedi Order is gone, and the Republic is crippled, and Revan is missing. The ending of the last game certainly was not what it appeared. The different story is effected by things such as your being light or dark, your gender, and a particular discussion with Atton Rand in the beginning, which he will basically ask how the first game ended. Here the story is more mysterious and with a somewhat different but still awesome theme. The threats you face are much worse this time, one is pretty much a zombie who is immortal, Darth Sion, and another is basically a power former human but now demonic entity named Darth Nihlus, who "devoured" all live on a planet filled with force sensitives and pretty much most of the remaining jedi for simply talking to it. The last one is somewhat of a plot point and won't give it away for those who don't know. The game has you, an exiled jedi who was kicked out of the order for following Revan. The game has you looking for the few remaining Jedi in the galaxy, for various reasons. There was a lot of content cut from the game because of time issues, however, this was only made apparent 1 to 2 times and the outcome is easily figured out later. The story is a lot better then how I make it sound by the way.

The Harbinger as it fires at the escaping Ebon Hawk
Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords 800px-HarbingerFires

Gameplay

"...without weapons, transport, and information our new enemy will find us easy prey indeed."
-Kreia

This is a radical improvement from the first. You can potentially go to level 50 instead of level 20 like the first game, there is also a lot more powers and feats, some of which are learned for just playing the game or with influence. Fist fighting is actually effective in this game, but a weapon is still preferable. You are a "jedi" from the beginning when you make it to level 4 (you already start at level 3). There are nine classes, 3 at the beginning and the other 6 come later depending on your alignment. Combat remains the same turn based strategy game that the first game was.

A player using Force Rage to assist in his fight.
Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords KotorII_2t_1089852851

Graphics/Art
The graphics are pretty much the same as the first game, so by this time they were average. The scenery is exactly what you expect from star wars and environments are diverse.

The almost uninhabitable surface of Telos
Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords SWKOTR2_Telos_large

Music
The game is like the first in that is has an original sound track for the game and it still identifiable as star wars.

Overall I love this game.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords   Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:54 pm

awesome review,you make one of the best reviews here on this site,btw both kotor games are compatible for 360?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords   Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:43 pm

You do a very good job at Reviewing Ezek.Great Review btw

@andre

Yup,both KOTOR games are compatible with 360.But if you play them on 360,prepare for backwards capability glitches and heavy lag(there on both games).Still fun though
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords   Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:49 pm

HellJumper wrote:

@andre

Yup,both KOTOR games are compatible with 360.But if you play them on 360,prepare for backwards capability glitches and heavy lag(there on both games).Still fun though
hmm ok..i might rent them,since if theres too much lag ill probably get them for my pc
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords   Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:56 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

@andre

hmm ok..i might rent them,since if theres too much lag ill probably get them for my pc

You can rent them?You would be lucky to find any of the KOTOR's in ebgames in all of Nova Scotia.

The lag in only in combat.And it only happens sometime's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords   Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:43 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

@andre

On the PC version of this game you have restoration teams, I go a restoration mod yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords   Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

@andre

On the PC version of this game you have restoration teams, I go a restoration mod yesterday.

I hate PC gaming(except for RTS)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords   Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:18 am

HellJumper wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

@andre

I hate PC gaming(except for RTS)

I feel the exact same way.

Anyways, great review! I gotta get around to playing this, I loved the first one. My favorite RPG to date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords   Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords Empty

Back to top Go down

Review of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Page 1 of 1