This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DS to be used in Japanese Schools

Go down 
+5
Invincible
DemonWolf
Pein
xjosh360s
Stigma
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

DS to be used in Japanese Schools Empty
PostSubject: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:55 pm

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7533

"The DS has been home to brain training games, translation tools, flash cards, cookbooks, dictionaries, and classic literature. It's pretty well rounded for a game console in its sixth year without an education. That's going to change within a few months however, when the DS will be used in Japanese elementary and junior high schools as a learning tool. The DS has already been used as a virtual tour guide in museums, galleries, and aquariums, and it can even sort through sports news and order food at a Seattle Mariners game. So while this is not too much of a stretch for the DS, this new direction should be getting a bigger push than usual, as it is headed by Shigeru Miyamoto."

"Miyamoto spoke with the Associated Press in London on Friday, right before picking up his BAFTA fellowship, and said education "is maybe the area where I am devoting myself the most." In recent years, just about any hobby of Miyamoto's has been turned into a new franchise or game mechanic, and it's gotten so bad Nintendo had to "ban" him from discussing them. Now he usually makes up interests to have fun in interviews, like saying he's gotten really into cats since he made Nintendogs. So when he comes out and says most of his devotion is going into a new field, he's either getting in a lot of trouble or the whole company is on board.

In the same interview, Miyamoto said he was "honored" that Nintendo's competition was following suit with motion controllers after the success of the Wii. Miyamoto played a very important part in the development of the Wii and Wii remote."
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:46 am

ds is much more than just a hand held console
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 am

stigma..expect DDD and joe11 to come any minute now
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Lmao all ds is good for. Novelties and learning features. Mouahahahhaa phail.

And yeah andrej was right lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:08 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
ds is much more than just a hand held console

yeah shame it's not a good gaming system though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:54 pm

I have that DS software that teaches you how to cook. Its actually pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:52 pm

It makes me sad on how much technology is used now.
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:46 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Why?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:06 pm

HellJumper wrote:

You said something like that before...Why do you feel that way? Technology is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

You said something like that before...Why do you feel that way? Technology is a good thing.

Technology is used to much now to make life easier.And that isnt always a good thing.I can go further and explain why but it will get off topic
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:57 pm

So people will be playing video games in school (finally). Man I hope this happens in America as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS to be used in Japanese Schools   DS to be used in Japanese Schools Empty

Back to top Go down

DS to be used in Japanese Schools
Page 1 of 1