This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The fall of movie tie in games

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

The fall of movie tie in games Empty
PostSubject: The fall of movie tie in games   The fall of movie tie in games EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:16 pm

We all know the drill when it comes to movie tie-in games. "avoid like a plague"
of course the games are only made to get sone easy cash off people who liked the film. It seems that the quality of the film is never represented in the game.
But could you believe that there was a time, a short span when movie tie in games were actually good?

The best example I can think of is the harry potter & the chamber of secrets games.
Really these games are amazing. Every single system got a different version and offered a completely different experience. I've either owned or played them all and I can say for sure that none were
bad games.

Ps1 = gave a similar experience to the previous game but with loads of new features and less issues
gba = brought the game to isometric view which really worked well, the soundtrack was also very good
gbc = top down view but very fun. Felt like an rpg but it worked well.
Pc = nice visuals for the time. Great interpretation of hogwarts and really immersive too
ps2/ngc/xbox = simply awesome, you could fly around hogwarts on your broomstick and the game is just so fun. Only disappointment was the fight with the basalisk.

Seriously, why aren't games of movies ever at this kind of standard anymore!?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: The fall of movie tie in games   The fall of movie tie in games EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:19 pm

well the inevitble percy jackson game might be good
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: The fall of movie tie in games   The fall of movie tie in games EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:58 am

I heard that the Wolverine game last year was actually better than the movie. Now that's a rare thing.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: The fall of movie tie in games   The fall of movie tie in games EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:48 am

its hard to made thoose they hyped avatar the game to be good but it was complete trash
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The fall of movie tie in games   The fall of movie tie in games EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Movie games suck because they release around the same time the movie comes out and dont get the right amount of time to be made. Non-Movie games get the right amount of time.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The fall of movie tie in games   The fall of movie tie in games EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:05 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
well the inevitble percy jackson game might be good

lol only because the film had a moment of modern warfare 2 in it Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The fall of movie tie in games   The fall of movie tie in games EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:06 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I heard that the Wolverine game last year was actually better than the movie. Now that's a rare thing.

hmmm... not really. It was like Wolverine Of War. (god of war with wolverine)
I think it only got so much praise because of the gore.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The fall of movie tie in games   The fall of movie tie in games EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:10 pm

I liekd Peter Jacksons King Kong movie game and Harry Potter 1 and 2 video games were really fun.But thats about it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The fall of movie tie in games   The fall of movie tie in games Empty

Back to top Go down

The fall of movie tie in games
Page 1 of 1