This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MY Favourite Game Of All Time

Go down 
+4
Kendo
joe11
xjosh360s
DemonWolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

MY Favourite Game Of All Time Empty
PostSubject: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:34 pm

I already posted this on the "whats your favourite game of all time" topic but I spent a lot of time on it so yeah... thought people may be interested for whatever reason lol

CANIS CANEM EDIT, Aka Bully.

MY Favourite Game Of All Time Bully

The game really changed everything for me. I was a gta fan for ages, at the time I'd already owned/played most of the games (I've owned them all now except vice city) and then the moment I put the game into my ps2 till today I knew that it is the greatest game I've ever played.
I don't care what people say about it. It's one of those games that ticked all the boxes of what I want in a game.
Examples:

MEMORABLE OPEN WORLD
You see, I love open-world games but I hate it in games like San Andreas or Oblivion where it's just too large and most of the locations are just uninteresting. In Bully it's relitavely small compared to most gta games but the locations are all designed so uniquely and have their own feel & quality to them. Even the shop types differ between the locations.
MY Favourite Game Of All Time Bully-scholarship-edition-20080228041246226_640w
CUSTOMISATION
Fine, you can't create your own character but you can fully customise him with hairstyles and clothes.
MY Favourite Game Of All Time 94219910
NOT RANDOM NPC'S
In most open world games, it can get annoying when you see like several people on the screen at once who look identicle. You will not find this in bully. There are quite a lot of characters but each are set with their own voice, personality and style. You'll never bump into duplicate versions.
MY Favourite Game Of All Time S33121_360_11
INTERACTION
I love the way you can interact with people. You can greet them, kiss them, stick their head down the toilet, shove them into a locker, put a kick-me sign on their back, etc
MY Favourite Game Of All Time Bully-scholarship-edition-20080229033150322_640w
EXPANDING WORLD
It's cool enough to have a nice interesting open environment but I like how when the story progresses you'll slowly see the city open up to you.
MY Favourite Game Of All Time Bully-Scholarship-Edition-Photo
PAINFULLY REALISTIC
Ok, the game takes everything to the extremes. It's all over-exaggerated and the characters are far too eccentric to be believable but the fact is, almost everything that occurs in the game does or has happened in real life. Getting bullied, having a teacher that drinks, having school gangs and opposing the others, teasing the nerds, stealing stuff, etc
You can immerse yourself into this semi-realistic world!
MY Favourite Game Of All Time 21525_normal
WOULDN'T DARE DO IT IN REAL LIFE
This is a bit like the previous point I made but to expand on it a little, you can do stuff that could happen in real life & what you've always wanted to do but were never brave enough;
punch the teacher, vandilise school equipment, piss off the prefects/head boys, etc
MY Favourite Game Of All Time Bully-scholarship-edition-20080229033152260_640w
ORIGINALITY
Let's face it, shooting some random civilians is always fun on games. But for once, you have a game that makes you resort to less lethal weapons; slingshots, bags of marbles, rubber band balls, baseball bats, etc
You can still be morbid as hell & throw bricks at people's heads but it's not about killing, instead this game puts you into the shoes of a very rough but not demented school kid.
MY Favourite Game Of All Time Bully-scholarship-edition-20081028015854891-000
STORY
It's nothing spectacular but it really appealed to me. The way your mum & stepdad leave you @ a weird boarding school, the way you're befriended by some weird dude who later on "betrays" you and gangs up against you. The way you rise in power and popularity among other students and suddenly lose it all when that weirdo sets the gym on fire, releases rats in the library and causes havok in the school and frames you for it. It's all intriguing and has it's moments that will leave you in shock/surprise and total excitement.
MY Favourite Game Of All Time Bully_screen
So overall, this game is my favourite of all time and it's truly amazing how I bought it for £10.00 expecting nothing more than a gta clone and it quickly made its way to the top of my favourite games list.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:53 pm

man i loved that game and i still do i have it for 360 right now
i wish they made a bully 2
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:42 pm

good pick my choose would be U2 TIED WITH ME2 AND THE WHOLE GTA SERIES
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:45 pm

xjosh360s wrote:

Sweet! I'm dying to buy the 360 version. I will do eventually but the problem is I've still not yet bought:

Assassins Creed 1, Dead Rising 1, Assassins Creed Bloodlines, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2.
All games I desperately want Sad

But yeah, Bully 2 would be killer. I can't actually think of any way the first could be improved though. :/
If they changed anything it would be ruined! lol
Seriously, it's the only game I personally want to give 10/10 to.

I guess the passing out @ night thing should go away. I like the idea though. Maybe travelling for 3 days straight without sleep should make you pass out in Bully 2...or perhaps no sleep = less decent performance in fights and stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:50 pm

GTA Vice City. Nothing but the sweet sounds of Vice City, oh and Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Oh and it probably will be Final Fantasy 6 (when I play it of course). As well as Lunar (Silver Star), and Valkyria Chronicles. Metal Gear Solid 4. Tales of Vesperia. The Halo games. Damn too many good ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Bully was alright, but there was a ton of fetch quest missions.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:50 am

demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

Sweet! I'm dying to buy the 360 version. I will do eventually but the problem is I've still not yet bought:

Assassins Creed 1, Dead Rising 1, Assassins Creed Bloodlines, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2.
All games I desperately want Sad

But yeah, Bully 2 would be killer. I can't actually think of any way the first could be improved though. :/
If they changed anything it would be ruined! lol
Seriously, it's the only game I personally want to give 10/10 to.

I guess the passing out @ night thing should go away. I like the idea though. Maybe travelling for 3 days straight without sleep should make you pass out in Bully 2...or perhaps no sleep = less decent performance in fights and stuff Razz
YOU STILL DONT HAVE ME2!!!!??? *runs with the flame shield* DIE!!!!
anyway bully is awesome,but you should watch my review of it
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:06 am

Invincible wrote:
Bully was alright, but there was a ton of fetch quest missions.

Didn't matter to me. The fetch quests seemed worth it when you're in such a brilliant game world.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:09 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

lol no I'm broke and everything is breaking so I can't really afford to spend any cash on games!

And you made a review?? Smile is it on ur channel?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:50 am

demondragondude wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

lol no I'm broke and everything is breaking so I can't really afford to spend any cash on games!

And you made a review?? Smile is it on ur channel?

no,i made a written review on this site
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 7:08 am

It's gonna be hard for something to top Assassin's Creed II for me, I just loved that game so much.
Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Mine will always be DigDug. The gameplay even more addictive fun then Pokemon. Not to mention some of the best music of all time...
Back to top Go down
http://thewiinetwork.forum-motion.net/index.htm
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Permafry 42 wrote:
Mine will always be DigDug. The gameplay even more addictive fun then Pokemon. Not to mention some of the best music of all time...
Isnt that on the Atari 2600? 0.o
Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Kendo wrote:
Permafry 42 wrote:
Isnt that on the Atari 2600? 0.o

yeeep.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Weird a game having awesome music on an Atari?
Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Kendo wrote:

wait my bad it's on the NES. i only have played the arcade and emulator versions. here's what it looks:

Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 am

Permafry 42 wrote:
Kendo wrote:

wait my bad it's on the NES. i only have played the arcade and emulator versions. here's what it looks:

Its from Namco right? I have heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY Favourite Game Of All Time   MY Favourite Game Of All Time Empty

Back to top Go down

MY Favourite Game Of All Time
Page 1 of 1