This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Do You Think Of Game Room?

Go down 
+12
jaykay
Ozsem
DarkSwarm85
joe11
GeneralMLD
Zombl337
xjosh360s
Blixtstorm
360WNED
Master_Chief
handkerchief
DemonWolf
16 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

What Do You Think Of Game Room? Empty
PostSubject: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:46 pm

I personally was disappointed at first because you can't actually control your avatar. I thought it would be a bit more like playstation home (but without the fail lol) but luckily after spending a bit longer on it, I already saw how cool it was and how you really didn't need direct control. I think Game Room is a fantastic feature.
The games being priced a little over 200 msp is a pretty good price considering you may not be able to find these games much cheaper anywhere else. There aren't many games yet (well I've only downloaded the first game package so far. I will be able to know for sure when I download the second) but if you buy the games at their day of launch you get the game's mascot free (this mascot will walk around your arcade).
You can also customise your arcade which is awesome though I do hope they add more free objects and don't make it turn out like 360 avatars where the only new clothes that are released have to be payed for.

So far I've not entered any of my friend's arcades as I don't know how but I've bought 2 games; Lunar Lander & some egyptian game, forgotten the name. I got the two mascots from them, I've gotten 3 medals so far and 12 achievements.

I think it's a lot of fun and if you haven't got it already, definately do!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:57 pm

its shit. that is all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Havent tried it yet but what I know about it doesn't really appeal to me anyway.
Back to top Go down
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:45 pm

matrixrory wrote:
its shit. that is all. Smile
I think I'll second that emotion.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Some games are freaking hard, Centipede, Asteroid and Moonlander.

I've only bought 3 games so far Wink

I love old school games, reminds me of old arcade halls.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Some games are freaking hard, Centipede, Asteroid and Moonlander.

I've only bought 3 games so far Wink

I love old school games, reminds me of old arcade halls.

lol cool. I've only bought 2 Sad But I got the mascots!! woohoo. lol

It's pretty fun tbh. I like the stuff you can do, eg: set challenges to friends & stuff but really there should be direct control of your avatar to take advantage of the customised arcades & to fully explore and interact with it Smile

And there's almost no point in visiting friend's arcades as there aren't enough customisation options to make it a lot different to yours.

I like the medals though. Motivates me a bit Razz lol
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:46 am

at first i thought it sucks but then i gave it a chance and now i think its cool i have 4 games and i like the part that u can play ur friends downloaded games thats awesome but what really sucks about game room is when ur avatar starts dancing like a faggot when ur in the main menu
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:18 am

The games on it suck, AI was not reacting AT ALL in Atari games, and the explanations of how to play the game are fucking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:23 am

i know its meant for older crowds, not for us
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 3:02 am

Gamer room is what psh should of been
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Guys, you want a challenge...? Get tutankham!! I've not managed to make it past the second level.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:19 pm

It doesn't have the games that I played in the Arcades when I was a kid. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 pm

I got it. got a few achievements before i bought a game, thats a win. Rofl seriously the reason i got the games is cause wanted to play the games from my childhood.

Centipede, Yars Revenge and Millipede ftw. Waiting for Pitfall aswell when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 pm

It's not bad, but it's not what it was made out to be. I thought it would be a social experience. You walk around with your Avatar in your arcade, your friends join you, it'd be something like a condensed version of Home. It's hardly anything, just a way to organize your retro arcade games on XBLA. It's the same thing as Hasbro's Family Game Night, only with a different type of game.

So thumbs down for me.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:36 pm

The games should be no more then 25 cents a piece.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:55 am

jaykay wrote:
It's not bad, but it's not what it was made out to be. I thought it would be a social experience. You walk around with your Avatar in your arcade, your friends join you, it'd be something like a condensed version of Home. It's hardly anything, just a way to organize your retro arcade games on XBLA. It's the same thing as Hasbro's Family Game Night, only with a different type of game.

So thumbs down for me.

Yeah I agree. I was actually hoping for a Home-like experience but without load times and actually having a point XD
But it's not that bad really, it's quite cool but it definately could have been better.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 am

The Game Room looks great. But I wanna control my avatar!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:45 am

I downloaded it, but have never played any of the games. Just could'nt be arsed.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:00 pm

The games shouldn't cost more that 25cents each.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:12 pm

I tried it today.It was fun even though I sucked at all of them.I dont see why people are callling it shit.

Though i do prefer 1 VS 100(i love that game)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:49 am

I thought it sucked, paying for games is stupid. I was very dissapointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Of Game Room?   What Do You Think Of Game Room? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think Of Game Room?
Page 1 of 1