This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!!   Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!! EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:42 pm

From vgchartz

Remember Hydro Thunder, the arcade/DreamCast/Nintendo64/PlayStation1 speedboat racer that let you race through Egyptian tombs and the flooded streets of a post-apocalyptic New York City back in 1999? Or maybe you played it in Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for PS2, XBox, or GameCube back in 2005. Either way, the sequel is finally upon us. Vector Unit is developing Hydro Thunder Hurricane, but this time it can only be found in one place: the XBox Live Arcade.

This new Hydro Thunder will have 8 player online racing, local 4 player splitscreen racing, or any combination of the two. New modes include Ring Master (slalom-style challenges), Gauntlet (really dangerous time trials), multi-event Championships, and a "co-op Rubber Ducky Mode," a feature painfully missing from most racing franchises. Eight new theme park environments all have destructible objects and special events for players to trigger, but the craziest thing of all seems to be the water itself.

Technical Director Ralf Knoesel:

We decided to take the ideas that worked from the original, and then start over from scratch. The water physics engine is completely new. Everything affects the racing surface -- the boats leave wakes behind them that other boats can jump off or draft in, falling rocks and explosions create huge waves, we've got wave machines, whirlpools, the works. The water is always changing, so you never get exactly the same race twice.

But that's enough boring text description of the in-your-face arcade madness. Check out the first trailer for the game:

This looks great and I'll be hoping that it will be an excellent game.
Coming to XBLA in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!!   Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!! EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:45 pm

For some reason, I put it to the "Games" section. Could you move it? I thought it was in the "Xbox News".
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!!   Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!! EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh wow!! I had a ps2 port on some MidWay Classics thing!
It was pretty cool. I liked the alternate routes in the races. I can't say I'm that excited about it but it's nice to hear about a game I'd completely forgotten about xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!!   Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hydro Thunder 2!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1