This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3

Go down 
+10
Stoney
Kendo
Arbiteris
Static103
begley
daveMastaKill
danny100
DemonWolf
ghost23
Master_Chief
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:07 pm

So there you have it. They did say the next one might be multiplatform.
http://www.vgarabia.com/2010/03/27/ubisoft-conviction-not-coming-to-ps3-maybe-next-game-will/
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:27 pm

PS3 fanboys will never be able to touch Conviction which in my opinion is the best Splinter Cell yet.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:27 pm

lol just like Mass Effect 2.

"we're getting it too!! Just wait!!" lmao
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

ghost23 wrote:
PS3 fanboys will never be able to touch Conviction which in my opinion is the best Splinter Cell yet.

yeah, ps3 can't handle it Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:47 pm

ghost23 wrote:
QFT
Back to top Go down
danny100
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:08 pm

I am getting an Xbox360 in the next few days primarily to play this game but this is a 3rd party title and saying it wont go multiplatform is setting yourself for a fall.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:17 pm

I only have two certainties about this subject:
One is time will tell. No one makes me believe otherwise (even the leader designer, just look at Shinji Mikami and RE4) that Ubisoft after 6 or 7 months after release of Conviction to PC/XB360 does not make a shitty quick port to the PS3 for some extra quick cash.

The other is, i'm gonna get it to the XB360 April the 16. The end.
Back to top Go down
begley

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:44 pm

ghost23 wrote:

why is it your favorite? you mustn't be a splinter cell long time fan. they removed the walking speeds. theres onnly one speed for running and one for crouching which is a disadvantage when your trying to creep up behind an enemy.
the ai is dumb as fuck. the enemies are apparently blind and deaf to anything out side of a 2 meter radius.
they also only turn around when you grab them.
when in stealth it fades to black and white. since this is a stealth game and most of your time will be spent in stealth it means the game is 80% black and white which is very very bland and a bad design choice.
the graphics are sub-hd and the story is basically the movie "taken"
theres no spies vs mercs and the spot and mark mechanic is basically calculated for you. i remember the days of the cold and calculated sam fisher not the shitty one who fires a gun behind his back while not looking.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:57 pm

never was, never will be but the next splinter cell si definatly coming to the ps3
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:35 pm

begley wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

why is it your favorite? you mustn't be a splinter cell long time fan.
the graphics are sub-hd .
MGS4 graphics are sub HD as well but I dont hear any of you PS3 fanboys complaining about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:58 pm

ghost23 wrote:

Best? I dont know bout that, in my opinion Chaos Theory was REALLY good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
begley wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

MGS4 graphics are sub HD as well but I dont hear any of you PS3 fanboys complaining about that.

MGS4's graphics were amazing, definetly not sub-HD
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:00 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Best? I dont know bout that, in my opinion Chaos Theory was REALLY good.

Well thats your opinions and I respect that.
I liked Conviction more because of the fast paced gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:46 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
begley wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

They are Sub HD,you can look it up
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 pm

It kinda reminds me of MGS4. How many times do these developers have to tell you its not coming to the opposite system? Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Was MGS 4 was sub-HD?...It looked phenomenal. Same goes for Splinter Cell. The interrogation part in the toliet was lethal. Graphics look sick in that particular scene. Although the hair physics arent the best. (Im being picky now) Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Kendo wrote:
It kinda reminds me of MGS4. How many times do these developers have to tell you its not coming to the opposite system? Neutral

MGS4 isn't coming to 360. A new MGS game is.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:53 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
begley wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble but MGS4 was indeed sub HD. 1024x768 with 2xAA.
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1113342&postcount=2
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:57 am

Pandora Tomorrow was my favourite Splinter Cell game
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:19 am

ghost23 wrote:

im guessing ps3 fanboys will have a PC if they really wanna play this game, also have you played the game? or just the demo?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:33 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

im guessing ps3 fanboys will have a PC if they really wanna play this game, also have you played the game? or just the demo?

Yes they can, but it will be on a Microsoft PC and they won't be playing it on their Sony PS3. and yes i have played the demo and it gave me a basic feel for the gameplay and I liked it a lot lot more than the previous Splinter Cells.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:51 am

sc i will be epic
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 am

another confirmation is always nice Smile
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3   Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ubisoft:Splinter Cell Conviction not coming to PS3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: