This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Persuade me to get a ds

Go down 
+9
andes755
Arbiteris
lightlamp
joe11
Kendo
Invincible
Pein
ghost23
DemonWolf
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:43 pm

To me, a handheld is mainly good for killing short periods of time waiting in the dentist office or ridding the bus. DS is perfect for those type of situations. Does anyone actually spend long hours playing portable games at their house? Why buy the PSP version of something when the console version is almost always superior?
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 am

PSP vs. DS vs. iPod Touch (I count it as a platform)... DS is better. I am gonna get me a DSi to replace my broken DS Lite. But in terms of media the iPod Touch is the bomb.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:49 am

demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
lol that was very hypocritical of you, u said that 2 games isnt enough for me to go buy a ds while in another thread you told Bonzian to get the psp just cause of mgs! And just wait till 3ds it will pwn psp in any way! lol just cause you dont like scroll sliders you use that to make it sound better than the ds while its just based on your personal preference.

Haha reread what I wrote to bonZian. I said he should check out the other games
too! Also I recommended an actual current gen standard psp game. Not 2 mediocre titles
from a last gen system!! And do you know why I use side scrollers as a way to make ds look bad? Because it DOES look bad. I like playing Full blown titles on consoles. Why should I compromise for handheld gaming if I don't have to??

lol that still didnt hide the fact that you did agree to bonzain to get the psp just for that game. My friend if you cant tell the diffrence from gens you shouldnt be using it to your advantage. Ds is 7th gen ds lite is 7th gen dsi is 7th gen dsi xl is 7th gen. so an games that we get for that specifiacly assigned system is still this gen. And if your talking about Gba we still have 10x more triple a titles on the ds and gba then your psp. lol and yet again you are putting your personal preference into side scroll gaming maybe to you it looks bad but to others it may amazing. And why dont you just enjoy the psp you dont have to put up a post every week about DS SUCKS SUCKERS!!!!! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 pm

Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
lol that was very hypocritical of you, u said that 2 games isnt enough for me to go buy a ds while in another thread you told Bonzian to get the psp just cause of mgs! And just wait till 3ds it will pwn psp in any way! lol just cause you dont like scroll sliders you use that to make it sound better than the ds while its just based on your personal preference.

too! Also I recommended an actual current gen standard psp game. Not 2 mediocre titles
from a last gen system!! And do you know why I use side scrollers as a way to make ds look bad? Because it DOES look bad. I like playing Full blown titles on consoles. Why should I compromise for handheld gaming if I don't have to??

lol that still didnt hide the fact that you did agree to bonzain to get the psp just for that game. My friend if you cant tell the diffrence from gens you shouldnt be using it to your advantage. Ds is 7th gen ds lite is 7th gen dsi is 7th gen dsi xl is 7th gen. so an games that we get for that specifiacly assigned system is still this gen. And if your talking about Gba we still have 10x more triple a titles on the ds and gba then your psp. lol and yet again you are putting your personal preference into side scroll gaming maybe to you it looks bad but to others it may amazing. And why dont you just enjoy the psp you dont have to put up a post every week about DS SUCKS SUCKERS!!!!! Neutral
QFT!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
because it owns your PSP
I cannot disagree with this. But why should you buy a DS (looks over at Walmart's selection of DS games). Huh? HellJumper is right. DS does own PSP.

Hahaha coming from someone with a pspgo and like 2 games XD
4 games. Two are demos, two are PSOne classics. But still there is not too many games worth getting on PSP that you cannot get on other systems. Thats why its called the Portstation Portable. Though I will get more PSP games. But dude get a DSi, I recommend it. They are cool as cool can be!

ROFLMFAO!

Ok dude... you have ZERO games.

That's hilarious.

No wonder you think ds is better.

Bro, if I owned just 2 regular xbox games & 2 demos on 360 I would think ps3 is better.

Play the two (well 3 if you include that shitty ds port) GTA games, play the 2 Syphon Filter games, play Resistance Retribution, play Motorstorm Arctic Edge, play the Socom games, play any single A game and AA game on psp and it's guaranteed that any one of them can pwn any AAA ds game.
I mean come on, you've not got ANY playstation portable games. Therefore you have zero credibility. I on the other hand have played my brother's ds and borrowed it for quite a while (he never plays it). I've played about 30 ds games in real life and about 20 on an emulator on my computer. I know what the psp's up against. (I've also played approx 400 psp games so I know how kickass it's library is. There are some hidden gems on that system).
"I mean come on, you've not got ANY playstation portable games.", this does not mean I have not played any of the games. I played Resistance on PSP, I hated it. Simple as that. Mostly what I see are ports and remakes (which are not bad because I like remakes but still).

"Therefore you have zero credibility." so let me guess your logic, if someone does not own something that means they cannot say something about it. That is like saying MLD has no credibility when it comes to the PS3. I know what PSP has out and upcoming, so basically I am aware of most of the games. But not all of them appeal to me.

"I on the other hand have played my brother's ds and borrowed it for quite a while (he never plays it).", that happened to me because I had a DS Lite (my DS Lite broke, but DSi is superior obviously) there is more stuff to do on PSP (going on downloading demos and games, not browsing the web on that browser which is... ugh), if I had a DSi I would be using it a lot.

"Play the two (well 3 if you include that shitty ds port) GTA games, play the 2 Syphon Filter games, play Resistance Retribution, play Motorstorm Arctic Edge, play the Socom games" Shitty DS port eh? Not really. Chinatown Wars rocks (though LCS and VCS are very fun). Btw havent I already played the 2 GTAs on PSP. Last time I checked I have. Hell I have even played the "PS2 versions". Um... I have already played Resistance: Retribution, to be honest it sucked. I hated it. I deleted it after a few minutes of playing it.

"play any single A game and AA game on psp and it's guaranteed that any one of them can pwn any AAA ds game.", do I need to explain how this does not make sense. Your talking about A and AA games beating a bunch of AAA games on DS... Neutral

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. My computer overheated so I was on Xbox Republic on my Ipod Touch and on there I cant scroll down the posts (only the whole pages so I couldn't quote what you'd written).

Ok, Resistance...that's just one game. And if you hated Resistance it doesn't make it a bad game. It's the handheld Gears Of War game. Seriously, it's as close to a Gears game you can get on a handheld. It's addictive, it has good AI, it has lots of enemies on screen at once, it's got a nice range of weapons with unique abilities and it's a technical marvel. Just because you may not like Gears you can't say it's a bad game can you? There you go. Same goes with psp games.

You don't need to own something to make an argument about it, definately not. But in the aspect of gaming it's clear you have almost no knowledge of the psp's library. Like ps3's mentality you're just sweeping it all under the rug acting as if they don't matter.

I don't understand what you're trying to say about DSi but dude, features don't matter to a gamer. The reason I like 360 is the same reason I like psp. I love the games library, it offers the best available gaming experience (ds is like a wii) and while it's best graphics don't always top the opposition (iphone) it still has the best gameplay which is what matters!

"i have the ps2 version" hahaha omg just like a ps3 fanboy. "I can get it on pc". Argh. In fact in this context, that argument is even less relevant because this is a handheld we're talking about! And Chinatown Wars sucks. It's TOP DOWN. In fact if Chinatown Wars is so good, why don't you get it on psp which has the version which is superior in every way huh? Btw I noticed it got lower ratings than the ds version. Is it because it's inferior? Nope, Gamespot said it's even better than the ds version. It got lower ratings because psp games tend to be a lot better than ds games.
PWNED. lol

You didn't understand my A,AA,AAA argument so let me put it this way.

Back in the day there were games on systems like ps1 which got AAA ratings. Similar games on an XBOX 360 could be superior in virtually every single way; graphics, gameplay, content and everything but the ratings those games get will not be as high. Why? Because of standards. PS1 has differnet standards to Xbox 360. Simple as that. If you think that a game like this:
Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 Tutankham

is as good as a game like this:
Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 Gta_lc10

then I'm not even going to bother arguing with you. Because those are the grounds I base the psp vs ds argument on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:09 pm

I said up there I use my PSP to download games and game demos. I would use a DSi to download DSiWare games, did not really say anything about other features. If I cared about other features (other than downloading games and anything involving games) I would have an iPod instead of a DS and PSP.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 pm

joe11 wrote:
DDD R SAYING some IGNORANT STAeMENTS

DDD ARE??? Dude, my name isn't plural.

And no I'm not. Care to give examples and explain WHY?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Invincible wrote:
To me, a handheld is mainly good for killing short periods of time waiting in the dentist office or ridding the bus. DS is perfect for those type of situations. Does anyone actually spend long hours playing portable games at their house? Why buy the PSP version of something when the console version is almost always superior?

I can't take my 360 on holiday with me on a 2 hour plane journey or 5 hour car journey or in a hotel room or to college with me when I have free periods in my timetable or when my trains delayed for an hour.
PSP is the best compromise. So good that it's barely a compromise.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:21 pm

Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

No it's because I knew that he wouldn't just get that game. Though let's face it, that game beats ANYTHING ds has to offer.

And if you're referring to gens as the time they came out, yeah sure whatever but in terms of gameplay...ds is last-gen.
GBA?! Noooo that thing sucks. I loved it at the time but as time goes on, technology advances and now I get the best handheld gameplay available thanks to psp.
And I do enjoy my psp. I play it all the time when I'm away and also @ home a lot too when I'm not playing my 360! I've played over 400 psp games to date in 5 years that I've owned a psp lol. Believe me, I LORRRRVE my psp.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:22 pm

lol wow i havent bin online here for a while ive bin addicted to soul silver on my ds one of my favorite rpgs in both home consoles and handhelds its a must buy
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:43 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

No it's because I knew that he wouldn't just get that game. Though let's face it, that game beats ANYTHING ds has to offer.

And if you're referring to gens as the time they came out, yeah sure whatever but in terms of gameplay...ds is last-gen.
GBA?! Noooo that thing sucks. I loved it at the time but as time goes on, technology advances and now I get the best handheld gameplay available thanks to psp.
And I do enjoy my psp. I play it all the time when I'm away and also @ home a lot too when I'm not playing my 360! I've played over 400 psp games to date in 5 years that I've owned a psp lol. Believe me, I LORRRRVE my psp.
Awwww... but the GBA is the best handheld ever. Better than both the DS and PSP (it had both ports and original titles... nuff said). Below is the GBA I WANT!

Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 Microfamicom
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:05 pm

Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Awwww... but the GBA is the best handheld ever. Better than both the DS and PSP (it had both ports and original titles... nuff said). Below is the GBA I WANT!

im planning on getting a gameboy mini cause i got a dsi instead of a lite good thing gba is now like 20 bucks
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 pm

Dark Spire
Advance Wars Duel Strike/Days of Ruin
SMT Strange Journey - JRPG, but feels like WRPG
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Sinnoh, Soul Silver/Heart Gold - Johto
Final Fantasy IV
Crono Trigger
Lunar Knights
Ace Attorney
Fire Emblem

These 2 are good, but they are JRPGs that feel really Japanese

SMT Devil Survivor
The World Ends With You

Mainly Games by Atlus, Square-Enix, Gamefreak, Intelligent Systems, and Konami seem to be ones you may like.

DS is one of the systems where JRPGs don't totally blow.

Oh and how do you post screen shots?
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:13 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

im planning on getting a gameboy mini cause i got a dsi instead of a lite good thing gba is now like 20 bucks
I just want one because it looks cool, and its ULTRA portable.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:15 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Dark Spire
Final Fantasy IV
Crono Trigger
Lunar Knights
Ace Attorney
Fire Emblem

SMT Devil Survivor
The World Ends With You

Mainly Games by Atlus, Square-Enix, Gamefreak, Intelligent Systems, and Konami seem to be ones you may like.

You go to the picture icon which is next to the link icon (on the left side), then you post a url for the picture you wanna post.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:10 am

Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Well why do you even have a ds? Why don't you play your gba instead? In fact why do you own a ps3 & 360? Why not just a snes?
lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:11 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Dark Spire
Final Fantasy IV
Crono Trigger
Lunar Knights
Ace Attorney
Fire Emblem

SMT Devil Survivor
The World Ends With You

COol. Thanks some of those look good like Dark Spire though I hate the animation and 2d-ness of that :/

Oh and to post screenshots, copy the url of the site the screeenshot's on, click on the little tree icon and copy the link into the small bar that pops up.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:23 am

demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

lol your putting to much of your personal preference in this you might think that mgs owns all those but kendo might think not helljumper might say just get a console. you cant base this war of the handhelds on personal prefernce. lol the ds to you in last gen but legitimately its 7th gen just like the psp. And the way you say only the best tech you might aswell get a ps3 Razz
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 am

demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Well why do you even have a ds? Why don't you play your gba instead? In fact why do you own a ps3 & 360? Why not just a snes?
lol
First off I do not own a GBA. I had (my DS Lite broke) a DS for games (am gonna get a DSi). We have a PS3 and 360 for games. PS2 for games. My justification for buying old and new systems is games. Nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 11:51 am

Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

lol your putting to much of your personal preference in this you might think that mgs owns all those but kendo might think not helljumper might say just get a console. you cant base this war of the handhelds on personal prefernce. lol the ds to you in last gen but legitimately its 7th gen just like the psp. And the way you say only the best tech you might aswell get a ps3 Razz
Metal Gear is an excellent game, no doubt about that. However its not enough to justify buying one system for only that one game. There should be more games than just one as a reason to justify buying a system. For me it was the GTAs, of course Metal Gear, Lunar, and Valkyria Chronicles 2.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Well, if personal preference is that a game that features something never done before on a handheld and is a technical marvel is better than any other run-off-the-mill side scroller, then yeah, personal preference it is.

And actually you'll find ps3 hasn't got the best tech!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 4:21 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Well, if personal preference is that a game that features something never done before on a handheld and is a technical marvel is better than any other run-off-the-mill side scroller, then yeah, personal preference it is.

And actually you'll find ps3 hasn't got the best tech!
lol ok all im saying is we are trying to persuade you but you keep bringing out a full out console war xD
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 4:57 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

You don't call gaming with one analog nub a compromise?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:05 pm

jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

lol its more of a learning curve than a hindrance.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:41 pm

demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

lol its more of a learning curve than a hindrance.
Says the PSP fanboy. Why is it that anything the DS does is a hindrance and for the PSP it's a learning curve?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Persuade me to get a ds
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Handhelds-
Jump to: