This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Demon's Souls

Go down 
+19
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Jossa81
Boba_Fett
masterking
masterchief1998
arnt god of war
Stigma
Fank
Arbiteris
343_Guilty_Spark
ZeInFormer
DarkSwarm85
Optimus Lime
Ozsem
ghost23
joe11
Invincible
Wolfshiemhere
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fank
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fank

Demon's Souls - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:19 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
havent played but i know it cant be better than bioware or bethesdas rpgs

It's nice to see how you give every game a chance and never judge a game too early! I apreciate that.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Fank wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:

It's nice to see how you give every game a chance and never judge a game too early! I apreciate that.
calm down ill try it adventually and then my opion will be valid Razz jk
Back to top Go down
Fank
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fank

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Its k, maybe we just have a different taste in games, but i can get really butthurt if i hear things about my favorite games, that i dont want to hear . Mad

Some people just randomly bash games, they never playd, and that makes me angry Evil or Very Mad
Demons souls is the most underrated game ever Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
masterchief1998
Seaman Recruit
masterchief1998

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:06 pm

I played this with my friend and i think it's overrated. Rolling Eyes
There is no epic background music and humans don't even move their mouth when they talk.
I also died a lots, because there's no jump in the game. lol!
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:42 am

DS is my crack LOL best rpg this gen!!!
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:08 pm

arnt god of war wrote:

You can't really compare it to them. As much as I love Morrowind and KotOR, I prefer this, mainly because of the mixture of perfect difficulty and amazingly well done multiplayer. I seriously recommend this game to anyone that hasn't played it, it's one of the best games this gen, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:23 pm

GGM wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:

You can't really compare it to them. As much as I love Morrowind and KotOR, I prefer this, mainly because of the mixture of perfect difficulty and amazingly well done multiplayer. I seriously recommend this game to anyone that hasn't played it, it's one of the best games this gen, in my opinion.

I would try it but sold my PS3. But its hard to beat a Bioware and Bethesda RPG, so this must be good.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:29 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
GGM wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:

I would try it but sold my PS3. But its hard to beat a Bioware and Bethesda RPG, so this must be good.

It's not really even an RPG in the same way as those, the story is minimal (but still good), it's closer to the Zelda series than any RPG I can think of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:32 pm

GGM wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
GGM wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:

It's not really even an RPG in the same way as those, the story is minimal (but still good), it's closer to the Zelda series than any RPG I can think of.

So its more of an action adventure/rpg hybrid? Sounds pretty cool to me.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:40 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
GGM wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
GGM wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:

So its more of an action adventure/rpg hybrid? Sounds pretty cool to me.

Yeah, imagine the best parts of Zelda, but with RPG elements and lots of weapon crafting almost similar to Monster Hunter, and amazing multiplayer.

For those who don't know, the multiplayer works like this:

When you are in "soul form", you can go into other people's games and help them (if you help them kill a boss, you return to "body form", which means you have more health, but there are disadvantages) and also invade other people's games and kill them (You can only invade players in "body form", if you kill them you take their body, and they go into "soul form".

When you are in "body form", you can summon "soul form" players to help you in your game, and you have more health, but you also take the risk of being invaded.

Dying in any way in body form puts you into soul form, and killing a boss, as well as the ways I previously mentioned, returns you to body form.

There are also a lot of other interesting systems that I shan't explain here, such as World Tendency.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 pm

GGM wrote:
Yeah, imagine the best parts of Zelda, but with RPG elements and lots of weapon crafting almost similar to Monster Hunter, and amazing multiplayer.

When you are in "soul form", you can go into other people's games and help them (if you help them kill a boss, you return to "body form", which means you have more health, but there are disadvantages) and also invade other people's games and kill them (You can only invade players in "body form", if you kill them you take their body, and they go into "soul form".

When you are in "body form", you can summon "soul form" players to help you in your game, and you have more health, but you also take the risk of being invaded.

Dying in any way in body form puts you into soul form, and killing a boss, as well as the ways I previously mentioned, returns you to body form.

There are also a lot of other interesting systems that I shan't explain here, such as World Tendency.

That sounds pretty interesting. Id give it a try if I hadn't sold my PS3 Razz
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:03 pm

BEST GAME EVER! I LOVED IT!! <3
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:49 pm

That does sound pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:52 am

This game is incredible! Seriously!

Two of my mates have bought it recently because it has only just been released in Europe and I can honestly say for the first time I want a PS3 just for that beast!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:56 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
GGM wrote:

Err but apparently it's one of the most hardest and enfuriating games ever. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:36 am

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
GGM wrote:

Err but apparently it's one of the most hardest and enfuriating games ever. Razz

It's hard, but fair. It's not fake difficulty.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:40 am

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
GGM wrote:

The reason for that is quite obvious really. The game has 5 worlds with with 3-4 areas within it. You are forced to start in world 1-1 and it is pretty tricky when you first play it but after you complete that level you can go to any of the other worlds in the game. Naturally if you go to anywhere other than level 2-1 at this point your character will simply get hammered. Basically you can play pretty much any level from the get go but the game reminds you that your character is not good enough to survive there yet

(Yes I did binge on this game with my mates over the weekend)
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:52 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
GGM wrote:

The reason for that is quite obvious really. The game has 5 worlds with with 3-4 areas within it. You are forced to start in world 1-1 and it is pretty tricky when you first play it but after you complete that level you can go to any of the other worlds in the game. Naturally if you go to anywhere other than level 2-1 at this point your character will simply get hammered. Basically you can play pretty much any level from the get go but the game reminds you that your character is not good enough to survive there yet

I don't agree that the game lets you "play pretty much any level from the get go but the game reminds you that your character is not good enough to survive there yet".

You can finish any of the x-1 levels at a fairly low SL, except maybe 5-1, but that's an annoying level at any SL.

When I play through the game, I usually do all of world 1 that is possible without killing an Archdemon, then worlds 3 and 4 mixed up, then world 2 (I dislike it, but not as much as world 5), then world 5 and then I finish the game on the rest of world 1.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 am

When I was playing it in my friends house.... erm...... Lets just say, I have to buy a him a new controller. -.-
Back to top Go down
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Crystie Cao

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:42 am

This is my fav game on the ps3, i swear its the only thing I play anymore lol!
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:24 pm

If anyone wants to play this online, just mention it here. I'm always up for starting new characters.

I unfortunately have the American copy, as I imported it before it came out in England.

Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:34 pm

I have platinumed this game, its my favorite RPG of this generation. I recently started a new character and been trolling around in 4-2 invading people with my miraldin hammer.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:38 am

Xiammes wrote:
I have platinumed this game, its my favorite RPG of this generation. I recently started a new character and been trolling around in 4-2 invading people with my miraldin hammer.

4-2? Fuck you, I hate the level.
I've done worse though, knocking people off the ledges in 3-2 using Firestorm. I once revived a message of "U CUNT".
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:02 am

GGM wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

I've done worse though, knocking people off the ledges in 3-2 using Firestorm. I once revived a message of "U CUNT".

Only hard part about 4-2 is the reaper's. 5-2 is cruel.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:14 am

Xiammes wrote:
GGM wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

Only hard part about 4-2 is the reaper's. 5-2 is cruel.

I've never enjoyed 4-2 in general, I hate fighting the gold skeletons on the narrow ledge, but I agree that 5-2 is the worst by far. I actually find 5-1 harder, due to the fact that you can easily skip the giant goblins in 5-2, but 5-2 is just dull I always get lost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Demon's Souls
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next