Online is a grey area, too many variables. While in the end LIVE has more features then PSN, it is still debatable just how essential online is when seeing whats the better console.
Point #1 and Point #2 are solid points that been governing the winner every generation. So ya, its just SALES and GAMES (A, AA, AAA).
Lets keep it simple. And guess what, we still got those 2 locked down
The Golden 3 Points: The Blueprint to Own Any PS3 FanboyPoint #1: Sales/MarketshareRelevant Web Sites: www.vgchartz.comNote:
This will always be our point as long as the 360 maintains a lead over PS3 in total, global sales. When to Use:
Whenever a PS3 fanboy talks down to you, Microsoft, and/or the 360. What to Say:
Remind them that it is you who is their superior. Your corporation is beating theirs, they screwed up by going from #1 to #3. You can never say this too much.
If a PS3 fanboy is saying cons about the 360, let them continue and finish. The more the better. When they are finished, reply with "I don't know whats more embarrassing, the fact that 360 has those cons, or the fact that PS3 is LOOSING to those cons. PS3 loosing to the RROD, PS3 is loosing to LIVE fees, etc". They essentially dig their own grave, admitting that PS3 is getting its ass kicked by something they think is so flawed.
The PS3 fanboy might say something like "All you do is talk about sales". It is actually them trying to trick you into changing the subject as they can't counter you here. You could continue to hammer it in that they are last place (trust me it will get on their nerves as it sinks in).......or you can resort to Point #2.
If a PS3 fanboy says that since PS3 released that its been consistently outselling the 360, say that the 360 actually outsold PS3 in 2008. Also jokingly say 2005 and 2006 as years the 360 outsold the PS3. Because as much as they don't like it, we count sales since the generation began. You come to the gen late, you pay the consequences. Point #2: Games LibraryRelevant Web Sites: http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/
PS3 Best Reviewed Games of All Timehttp://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/
360 Best Reviewed Games of All TimeNote:
This will always be our point as long as the 360 maintains a lead over PS3 in total A (70-79%), AA (80-89%), and AAA (90+) games. When to Use:
Whenever a PS3 fanboy says their games are superior then Xbox 360s. What to Say:
Give them the two links right away. Show them that you have evidence that they are wrong. If they are too irrational to be dealt with, revert back to Point #1 as that is the only thing they might comprehend, as learning the PS3 has an inferior library is too much for their mind to process.
There are three PS3 fanboy explanations upon seeing the two links.
1. Many fo the 360s games are old/have been released before the PS3.
You respond: So by your logic Metal Gear Solid 4 will be considered "old" in a couple years and therefore isn't worth anybodies time? Insert many older PS3 exclusives like Resistance 1/2, Killzone 2, etc. and say how according to them, they will all be "trash" in a few years since they will be too "old". Finish off by telling them "As long as it is a current gen game, it is relevant". Also throw in that their quality doesn't diminish and that due to their age they are cheap to buy, therefore they actually still sell reasonably well given their age.
2. Many of those games on 360 are multiplat (also on PC or otherwise).
Here is where you stay firm. Ask them "Can PS3 play those games?". They will reply with that they can play the game on the other platforms. Keep asking them the question until they answer. Hammer it home that the 360 can play the games and PS3 CAN'T. You can also say "Why are you hiding behind other platforms, I thought PS3 was so awesome by itself", or "Can't you guys be true men and stand behind your console without resorting to others to help it, we stand behind our console", and finally "LOL your using a platform that is 90% run on Microsoft software to help Sony fight Microsoft in the console space?" Also revert to point #1 to remind them they are last place and therefore don't have the right to say what counts and what doesn't count.
"If it's on 360 and not on PS3, it counts, exclusive or otherwise".
3. "I don't care what they say. In my opinion the PS3 has a better library".
You better hope they say this because this is the most fun to respond to. Time to throw them a little math. Give them two equations.
Opinion = Opinion
Basically you think 360 has a better library. They think PS3 has a better library. They cancel each other out. Both opinions are just that, opinions.
Opinion + Industry Opinion > Opinion
You have the backing of the gaming industry. Metacritic takes the average of DOZENS of reviewers, people who make it their JOB to review games. They are a part of the industry we value so much and their opinions are simply viewed as more professional then the average gamer (like it or not). To say that your opinion has the backing of the GAMING INDUSTRY and theirs doesn't, you are effectively saying their opinion is wrong, that they are delusional, that they have bad taste. Because your tastes are supported by the very industry itself. SPECIAL NOTE CONCERNING THE WORD "EXCLUSIVE":
You do not view who has a better library in terms of just exclusives. If a PS3 fanboy throws that word around, simply say you are above that, that we use a higher method of comparing libraries. Also throw in point #1 to say that they are in no place to say that just exclusives count. Exclusives are only a piece of the pie, we use the whole picture when doing a comparison. Because while exclusives are nice, many multiplats NOT on the competition also play a key role in defining a console. That is why 360 gamers value not just exclusives, but 360 multiplats NOT on PS3
. Both are games that the PS3 can't play. The fact that some are available elsewhere are irrelevant to us, just so long as PS3 doesn't get it. Other Important Talking Points Hardware Tech Isn't a Priority
- Bring up the Xbox, PS2, Gamecube generation as well as this one for evidence. These two generations are the most current and therefore the most compelling evidence. The XBox had the tech and power. Built in hard drive, 4 controller ports, DLC, patches, superior online, superior graphics, reliable......yet it lost to the PS2. Sony gamers proved that they value games over console tech. Same with this generation as the Wii is winning despite it being the weakest from a features/tech standpoint. The PS3, being the most powerful console, also has the least market share, showing just how gamers prefer games over whats under the hood.Reliability Isn't That Big a Issue
- Bring up the Xbox, PS2, Gamecube generation as well as this one for evidence.These two generations are the most current and therefore the most compelling evidence. The PS2 was the least reliable of that generation, yet the gamers didn't care. Instead they focused on what the PS2 offered: games. The PS2 won that generation. This generation, the 360 is the least reliable, yet it is still selling well since the PS3 launched. It is still retaining 2nd place after all that bad publicity. Why? Because it has more A, AA, AAA games then PS3 (See Point #2). Gamers go for the games first, even Sony fanboys last gen. Remind them of that. Finally remind them that the reliability rate vastly improved since launch.List of PS3 (and Sony) Flaws
- Inferior multiplats (Bayonetta being the most recent example) due to their all mighty cell rocessor being so difficult to program for, lack of gamers buying plus expensive developing costs alienate developers (like VALVE) to not develop for the PS3 at all, PSN started out mediocre and is still today not on par with LIVE, no standard headset, mandatory installs of up to 5 gigs (we have optional and the 360 versions require mere megabytes to save), no backwards compatibility with PS2, Linux support lost, and offcourse it doesn't help that Sony doesn't have the money or power to secure any 360/PC games for their console, or DLC.
Fun Fact: The PS3 has also cost Sony 5 billion dollars at least by now where as Microsoft has been turning a profit for the 360 for years now. http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/30/ps3-has-lost-sony-4-7-billion-may-be-profitable-next-year/