This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions about DS!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Questions about DS! Empty
PostSubject: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:19 am

1.Ok, are there any pokemon games on ds that have character creation/customisation?
2.Do any of the pokemon games have mainly the older pokemon, not all these new gay pokemon?
3.What's better; heart gold or soul silver?
4.Does the ds XL (with the big screen) have bad resolution due to the larger screen?
5.Do Pokemon games rely a lot on the touch screen? (please tell me they don't, I detest the touch screen)
6.Why are there never any decent screens when I type in ds game names on google?!?
7.Doesn't this look cute? Razz Questions about DS! 1264137917_NDS_Pokemon_Heart_Gold_Soul_Silver_ss35.jpg
8.Are there any games on ds with a free roaming environment other than this?
Questions about DS! COP_DS_Screenshot_Mini_005--article_image
9.Are there any decent adventure games that aren't top down/isometric?
10.Last but not least...what ds games have the best graphics? Very Happy (I'm not a graphics whore but I'm interested)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:38 am

You are one heck of a persistent psp fanboy. lol just easily as you question the ds we can also question the sacred psp. lol and half of those question were about pokemon 1 series out of a million the ds has to offer. lol now your making fun of pokemon when you said this was the only franchise you were interested in. plenty free roaming games on the ds ill name a few Metroid prime hunters, lockquest, star wars, super mario 64, etc.
Decent adventure games Star fox, metroid, mario 64, zelda etc! ( lol you do like putting your personal prefernce in this what if people do like top down/ismoetric games!!!!
lol either way it does make seem like a graphics whore since you insist on bringing it up to every situation. but ill answer it Metroid prime hunters is. Dont even say these games are to repetitive then i will direct you to one of shokios videos.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:53 am

Bluenose wrote:
You are one heck of a persistent psp fanboy. lol just easily as you question the ds we can also question the sacred psp. lol and half of those question were about pokemon 1 series out of a million the ds has to offer. lol now your making fun of pokemon when you said this was the only franchise you were interested in. plenty free roaming games on the ds ill name a few Metroid prime hunters, lockquest, star wars, super mario 64, etc.
Decent adventure games Star fox, metroid, mario 64, zelda etc! ( lol you do like putting your personal prefernce in this what if people do like top down/ismoetric games!!!!
lol either way it does make seem like a graphics whore since you insist on bringing it up to every situation. but ill answer it Metroid prime hunters is. Dont even say these games are to repetitive then i will direct you to one of shokios videos.

Noooo you have the wrong idea. lol I want to buy a ds so I'm asking these questions in the context of if the ds has what I need Smile

I'm not making fun of Pokemon at all! I'm asking about it because it looks cool. Didn't you see my comment about how cute it looks?! lol it's above on this post.

Btw Metroid Prime Hunters isn't free roam. Super Mario 64 is slightly free roam so yeah I'll check that out.

Are you sure Star Wars is free roam? Which Star Wars game? Locks Quest looks cool except it's like isometric XD
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 11:22 am

demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Noooo you have the wrong idea. lol I want to buy a ds so I'm asking these questions in the context of if the ds has what I need Smile

I'm not making fun of Pokemon at all! I'm asking about it because it looks cool. Didn't you see my comment about how cute it looks?! lol it's above on this post.

Btw Metroid Prime Hunters isn't free roam. Super Mario 64 is slightly free roam so yeah I'll check that out.

Are you sure Star Wars is free roam? Which Star Wars game? Locks Quest looks cool except it's like isometric XD
XD isometric games arent that bad and sorry i misunderstood you i thought you were making fun of the ds. Um Metroid prime hunters in adventure mode is Razz well star wars the clone wars i think but i guess you might consider that isometric but i suggest star fox for you. lol just locksquest a try its story line is so amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 am

1:no
2:heart gold and soul silver. wtf the new ones are cool
3:everyones buying silver but i think gold os better
4:no and if so its very mild. although some old DS games have slight control lag
5:no. screw you the touch screen is amazing
6:because the only ay to get a decent on screen picture is on an emulator
7:very much
8:the 2 transformer games were and they werent all that bad(i liked them)
9:mario and luigi bowsers inside story & partners in time
10:cant remember but its some RPG with nearly PSP graphics.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Yes get these games along with a DS. Pokemon is one of the best series out there, EVER! No one can deny this.

Questions about DS! 1094614-31revolverocelot_super
Picture represents: "You CANNOT DENY THIS!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:15 pm

umm if u want older pokemon games u might want a ds lite it has a gba slot and u will be able to get pokemon leaf green and fire red and pokemon ruby,sapphire and emerald and u can get the new one which isnt realy bad its like a new adventure in my opinion i got the dsi be cause im thinking of the future of gaming not the past and i beat all those older games with a gba oh and if u like the pokemon latios and groudon get soul silver but if u like latias and kyogre get heart gold cause u can get both lugia and ho oh in both games i got soul silver and i wanted kyogre but at least i got latios Sad
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:18 pm

but if u like pokemon games which is my favorite rpg games for any handheld u should get the ds lite but the reason i got dsi is because i beat the older gba pokemon games but remember if u get a ds lite you will be missing on some great features so yeah. u should stick with the modern games
Back to top Go down
Superkingz2
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Superkingz2

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:31 pm

1) Sadly no, the fans have been demanding it for a while
2) yes, but you got to admit the older pokemon had some wierd ones to. (jynx and drowzee)
3) depends on preference of the 2 version's exclusive pokemon. They are both pretty much the same game.
4) No, but I wouldn't recommend buying the XL
5) No, you only use it to mess with your items.
6) No idea
7) MY GOD YES
Cool yup, I've played quite a few
9) the zelda games are top down but still really fun. You could try metroid, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, or others.
10) kingdom hearts is the first thing that comes to mind

Hope this helped Smile
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

XD isometric games arent that bad and sorry i misunderstood you i thought you were making fun of the ds. Um Metroid prime hunters in adventure mode is Razz well star wars the clone wars i think but i guess you might consider that isometric but i suggest star fox for you. lol just locksquest a try its story line is so amazing Very Happy

Yeah, it's very easy to interpret what people say as insulting towards ds because it's such an easy target Razz lol now THAT was making fun of ds.

But yeah err adventure mode....hmm well I'll check it out.
And yeah I consider star wars isometric and psp has that game too to my knowledge (probably not as bad though)
Star fox seems ok

But yeah I'll give Locksquest a chance. Is the storyline dark? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm

the RPG guy wrote:
1:no
2:heart gold and soul silver. wtf the new ones are cool
3:everyones buying silver but i think gold os better
4:no and if so its very mild. although some old DS games have slight control lag
5:no. screw you the touch screen is amazing
6:because the only ay to get a decent on screen picture is on an emulator
7:very much
8:the 2 transformer games were and they werent all that bad(i liked them)
9:mario and luigi bowsers inside story & partners in time
10:cant remember but its some RPG with nearly PSP graphics.

Okay! Thanks a lot for your help. Very Happy

And errr sorry but loads of these newer pokemon are just the same creatures as before but not as viscious or interesting. >.<
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:48 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
umm if u want older pokemon games u might want a ds lite it has a gba slot and u will be able to get pokemon leaf green and fire red and pokemon ruby,sapphire and emerald and u can get the new one which isnt realy bad its like a new adventure in my opinion i got the dsi be cause im thinking of the future of gaming not the past and i beat all those older games with a gba oh and if u like the pokemon latios and groudon get soul silver but if u like latias and kyogre get heart gold cause u can get both lugia and ho oh in both games i got soul silver and i wanted kyogre but at least i got latios Sad

Noooo I've already got a gba to do that. I don't want old pokemon games, I just want a ds pokemon game but I was hoping there was one which didn't have all these newer pokemon, that's all.

Thanks for your help lol

but one quick thing... you said you're thinking of the future of gaming. Errm then what happened to Iphone and Psp? lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Superkingz2 wrote:
2) yes, but you got to admit the older pokemon had some wierd ones to. (jynx and drowzee)
3) depends on preference of the 2 version's exclusive pokemon. They are both pretty much the same game.
6) No idea
7) MY GOD YES
9) the zelda games are top down but still really fun. You could try metroid, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, or others.

Hope this helped Smile

Cool thank you!

But what's wrong with the XL? Sad I need a big screen or I just lose interest. I don't want to have to strain my eyes to see detail!!
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Kendo wrote:
Yes get these games along with a DS. Pokemon is one of the best series out there, EVER! No one can deny this.

OMG dont act as liquid ocelot..i thought bbc said that..hehe joking..but anyway ds is a gar-bitch and i said it..come on ds fanboys >,>
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:16 pm

demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

Noooo I've already got a gba to do that. I don't want old pokemon games, I just want a ds pokemon game but I was hoping there was one which didn't have all these newer pokemon, that's all.

Thanks for your help lol

but one quick thing... you said you're thinking of the future of gaming. Errm then what happened to Iphone and Psp? lol
lol no i didnt mean it like that i mean future games for dsi theres gonna be alot more camera motion games for dsi to play with i didnt want to call out psp or itouch but anyways im sure that if they made a remake of silver and gold version there should be some more remakes of more older pokemon games like red,blue and green and just give the new pokemon games a try the new cartoon may suck but the games are much different
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:09 pm

The newer pokemon games are almost identical to the old ones on GBA. Only you use the touch screen to issue commands instead of the buttons.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:09 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Kendo wrote:

OMG dont act as liquid ocelot..i thought bbc said that..hehe joking..but anyway ds is a gar-bitch and i said it..come on ds fanboys >,>
0.o
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:21 pm

Invincible wrote:
The newer pokemon games are almost identical to the old ones on GBA. Only you use the touch screen to issue commands instead of the buttons.
they never get old IMO
Back to top Go down
Superkingz2
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Superkingz2

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:12 am

demondragondude wrote:
Superkingz2 wrote:
6) No idea
7) MY GOD YES

Hope this helped Smile

Cool thank you!

But what's wrong with the XL? Sad I need a big screen or I just lose interest. I don't want to have to strain my eyes to see detail!!
Well if you truly want the biggest screen possible then I could recommend the XL. But, I don't mind a smaller screen so that's why I said I wouldn't recommend it.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:29 am

demondragondude wrote:
1.Ok, are there any pokemon games on ds that have character creation/customisation?
2.Do any of the pokemon games have mainly the older pokemon, not all these new gay pokemon?
4.Does the ds XL (with the big screen) have bad resolution due to the larger screen?
5.Do Pokemon games rely a lot on the touch screen? (please tell me they don't, I detest the touch screen)
6.Why are there never any decent screens when I type in ds game names on google?!?
7.Doesn't this look cute? Razz Questions about DS! 1264137917_NDS_Pokemon_Heart_Gold_Soul_Silver_ss35.jpg
10.Last but not least...what ds games have the best graphics? Very Happy (I'm not a graphics whore but I'm interested)
1. No. I'm not sure about the Rescue Dungeon or Ranger games, but the main games do not.
2. The only DS games with the older Pokemon are Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and that's only because they're remakes of Gold and Silver for the Game Boy Color.
3. They're pretty much the same game.
4. I don't know the answer to that question. But I would refrain from buying the XL anyway since it's not compact like you'd want a handheld to be.
5. Heart Gold and Soul Silver rely on the touch screen for the start menu, which is there all the time. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum use the old start menu, however.
6. Well, it's hard to capture DS screens. It requires a lot of extra work. In fact, I don't even know how to do it on the DS, only the PSP and GB/GBC/GBA.
7. Yes.
8. I don't know.
9. Are the LoZ games isometric? I can't remember.
10. I'm not sure.

I'd recommend getting a DS Lite over DSi. If you want older Pokemon games, you can get Fire Red and Leaf Green for the GBA (remakes of the Kanto games) and the third-generation games Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Then of course you can get Heart Gold and Soul Silver (remakes of the Johto games) for the DS. I'd also recommend the Professor Layton games and New Super Mario Bros.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Superkingz2 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Superkingz2 wrote:
6) No idea
7) MY GOD YES

Hope this helped Smile

Cool thank you!

Well if you truly want the biggest screen possible then I could recommend the XL. But, I don't mind a smaller screen so that's why I said I wouldn't recommend it.
I really NEED a big screen lol
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Invincible wrote:
you dont need to use the touch screen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 pm

i find it easier to use the touch screen you dont have to scroll all the way down just to go to options when u can just touch it
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:51 pm

jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
1. No. I'm not sure about the Rescue Dungeon or Ranger games, but the main games do not.
2. The only DS games with the older Pokemon are Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and that's only because they're remakes of Gold and Silver for the Game Boy Color.
3. They're pretty much the same game.
4. I don't know the answer to that question. But I would refrain from buying the XL anyway since it's not compact like you'd want a handheld to be.
5. Heart Gold and Soul Silver rely on the touch screen for the start menu, which is there all the time. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum use the old start menu, however.
6. Well, it's hard to capture DS screens. It requires a lot of extra work. In fact, I don't even know how to do it on the DS, only the PSP and GB/GBC/GBA.
7. Yes.
8. I don't know.
9. Are the LoZ games isometric? I can't remember.
10. I'm not sure.

I'd recommend getting a DS Lite over DSi. If you want older Pokemon games, you can get Fire Red and Leaf Green for the GBA (remakes of the Kanto games) and the third-generation games Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Then of course you can get Heart Gold and Soul Silver (remakes of the Johto games) for the DS. I'd also recommend the Professor Layton games and New Super Mario Bros.

Sweet. Thanks man. I'm really interested in getting SoulSilver now Smile I still want an XL anyway.

And yeah teh LOZ games are isometric lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:51 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
i find it easier to use the touch screen you dont have to scroll all the way down just to go to options when u can just touch it

I dont like it though in games Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about DS!   Questions about DS! Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about DS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next