This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dick move Sony, dick Move

Go down 
+16
Kendo
A7MAD_AU
Arbiteris
Invincible
gigabite07
Lt Xplosi
M3A7L04F
Zombl337
igame
Bluenose
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
Optimus Lime
jaykay
ghost23
Mr. Project Natal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Bluenose wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
The PS2 has the highest number of A, AA, AAA games of all time. Of all people, you guys should realize why that's important.

Only becuase developers go where the gamers are and gamers snubbed the Dreamcast and waited a year becuase Sony made promises they never delivered on. The Emotion Engine was supposed to be able to do graphics the PS3 can't do according to Sony in 1999. It was all lies and everyone believed them. Then when the PS2 came out it didn't have any good games for over a year while the Dreamcast had countless kill apps.

Oh BTW, what do you mean by "you guys"? Do you not consider yourself a Xbox 360 fan like we do?
Dude Sega made some horrible mistakes during their lifetime in the buisness. With there constant release of new consoles people got tired of Sega cause they always made new hardware a couple months later leaving the support they had for there previous console so basically good games would barely be found in sega systems. Sega was in debt they would've died off sooner or later Sony just speed things up of an already dying sega.
SEGA had made a loss on there net profit 5 years running, SEGA's chairman gave his shares and his own company CSK worth $695 million to SEGA

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worldbiz/archives/2003/03/13/197881
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:00 pm

yeah this didnt really make me laugh when i saw it the first time whats gay is that microsoft never makes good ads when they have the money do do so
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:57 pm

andes755 wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
The PS2 has the highest number of A, AA, AAA games of all time. Of all people, you guys should realize why that's important.

Only becuase developers go where the gamers are and gamers snubbed the Dreamcast and waited a year becuase Sony made promises they never delivered on. The Emotion Engine was supposed to be able to do graphics the PS3 can't do according to Sony in 1999. It was all lies and everyone believed them. Then when the PS2 came out it didn't have any good games for over a year while the Dreamcast had countless kill apps.

Oh BTW, what do you mean by "you guys"? Do you not consider yourself a Xbox 360 fan like we do?
Dude Sega made some horrible mistakes during their lifetime in the buisness. With there constant release of new consoles people got tired of Sega cause they always made new hardware a couple months later leaving the support they had for there previous console so basically good games would barely be found in sega systems. Sega was in debt they would've died off sooner or later Sony just speed things up of an already dying sega.
SEGA had made a loss on there net profit 5 years running, SEGA's chairman gave his shares and his own company CSK worth $695 million to SEGA

Sega did everything right with the Dreamcast. For those of us that bought Dreamcast we had the best games around. Sony's PS2 took the market away becuase Sony lied about the power of the PS2 and people skipped the Dreamcast to buy the over-hyped PS2. If it wasn't for Sony Sega would have been able to rebuild it's revenue stream with the Dreamcast, solidify it's asset, and pay off it's dept. But becuase they were betting everything on the greatest console of all time and Sony's lies convinced everyone to wait for the PS2, Sega was forced to leave the industry it helped build. Yes that's right, if you think it was all Nintendo who made gaming what it is today you wrong. If not for Sega we would never have seen gaming cross over to the mainstream.

Losing Sega as a console maker is something that will negatively effect the industry for decades to come. Just thinking about what Sega would have done this gen makes me long for the early days of Dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
andes755 wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

Sega did everything right with the Dreamcast. For those of us that bought Dreamcast we had the best games around. Sony's PS2 took the market away becuase Sony lied about the power of the PS2 and people skipped the Dreamcast to buy the over-hyped PS2. If it wasn't for Sony Sega would have been able to rebuild it's revenue stream with the Dreamcast, solidify it's asset, and pay off it's dept. But becuase they were betting everything on the greatest console of all time and Sony's lies convinced everyone to wait for the PS2, Sega was forced to leave the industry it helped build. Yes that's right, if you think it was all Nintendo who made gaming what it is today you wrong. If not for Sega we would never have seen gaming cross over to the mainstream.

Losing Sega as a console maker is something that will negatively effect the industry for decades to come. Just thinking about what Sega would have done this gen makes me long for the early days of Dreamcast.
First of all sega had made many mistakes even before Sony came Sega kept on releasing New consoles constantly you seem to be ignoring this why would anyone buy a Sega console if 1 year later look its a new high tech system? Sega left its fans to the dust. Even if Dreamcast was doing everything right the consumers would be to scared to buy it if a new one comes. Now back to Sony maybe they did hype up the PS2 but when it was released people will see the features so the people had the choice of saying ahh Sony hyped it i think ill just get a Dreamcast instead. So it doesn't even matter if Sony hyped it up. Thirdly Ps2 had a DVD player obviously Ps2 was the better choice. And you cant say that no mainstream games would have come you wouldn't know that so you cant bring up a point that's not factual.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:52 pm

A video I saw was about this arguement.An anilyst(forget how to spell it) said that it was because of the PS2 that ruined dreamcast.But for reasons you really cant blame sony for wanting $$$
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:54 pm

HellJumper wrote:
A video I saw was about this arguement.An anilyst(forget how to spell it) said that it was because of the PS2 that ruined dreamcast.But for reasons you really cant blame sony for wanting $$$
You obviously didn't see the points i made in my previous comment have you?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

I wasnt talking to you.I was saying that guiltyspark is right about Sony ruining Dreamcast
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:57 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

I wasnt talking to you.I was saying that guiltyspark is right about Sony ruining Dreamcast
Which i was debating about odd huh?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

First of all,read my comment correctly.

I was stating that Guiltyspark was correct about Sony ruining Dreamcast.I wasnt saying your reply to sparky was incorrect or anything like that.I dont care what you say because most of the time ive seen you debate your logic isnt that great(no offense of course,not trying to start a flame war)
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:05 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

First of all,read my comment correctly.
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/forum.htm
I was stating that Guiltyspark was correct about Sony ruining Dreamcast.I wasnt saying your reply to sparky was incorrect or anything like that.I dont care what you say because most of the time ive seen you debate your logic isnt that great(no offense of course,not trying to start a flame war)
Sorry i didnt take that right but where is my logic that doesn't make sense here?
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:07 pm

I agree with Bluenose. How was the average consumer supposed to know that Sega "finally got it right" after so many years of screw ups? People knew that Sony and Nintendo don't abandon their consoles after a couple years so that's what they went with.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Dick move Sony, dick Move   Dick move Sony, dick Move - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Invincible wrote:
I agree with Bluenose. How was the average consumer supposed to know that Sega "finally got it right" after so many years of screw ups? People knew that Sony and Nintendo don't abandon their consoles after a couple years so that's what they went with.

That's an exaggeration and had nothing to do with it. The only console Sega "abandoned" prematurely was the 32X and it wasn't a real console, just an addon to a console that had been on the market longer than the SNES. The Saturn did very well in Japan and was on the market plenty of time before the Dreamcast.

Everyone exaggerates Sega's mistakes so they can dilute Sony's role in destroying one of the godfathers of gaming.

Ever heard of bleem? They were a little company that pissed off Sony. They didn't do anything illegal so Sony destroyed them with failed law suits. Bleem! was a small company and even though they won all the court cases they didn't have the money to keep fighting and went bankrupt. How about Lik-Sang. Sony didn't like them for selling imports so they destroyed them with lawsuits. http://www.lik-sang.com/

Sony doesn't let it's competitors stay in the market if they can muscle them out. Sega, Bleem, and Lik-Sang were all victims of Sony trying to take full control of anything it sees profit in. It was lies and money that Sony used to take down Sega and they would have done the same to Nintendo if they could have. Sony wants to be a monopoly. Sega and Nintendo respected each other and even thought they were rivals they didn't try to obliterate each other. Sony has no respect for anything except money.

Here's a great video on what Sony did to bleem! Skip to 6:13 for the lawsuit history.