This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community Empty
PostSubject: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:36 pm

After watching a lil montage of AR VS BR, I decided I should make this thread.

Okay, if you guys never heard any complaints or the main discussion of the BR. I'll give you them.

Complainers:
Some people believed the BR is too versatile in terms of range and damage. Not only that, it can kill a target with just 4 headshots. Many people considered pulling headshots with the BR is easier than pulling headshots with the Sniper/Beam Rifle. Due to its versatility, Halo 3 gamers complain that it makes other weapons too weak to use. For example, the BR can beat an AR user at close range at times and if you play high ranked matches and they'rea Team BRS, the BR is usually used 90% of the time. MLG playlist also starts you off with the BR and it takes out many other weapons. Some gamers think MLG is dumbing down the Halo spirit and they blame the BR for the whole reason. Most complainers want the BR out and prefer the Magnum since it's much harder to aim and it's not as versatile.

Neutral:
Neutral players believe the BR is somewhat overpowered, but not completely. Usually the AR players can take down the BR users most of the time at close range. They counter the 4 headshot thing saying it doesn't always happen everytime. These guys usually believe the Team BRS should be removed on most maps except huge maps like Valhalla.

Praisers:
These guys praise the BR for being the "definitive weapon of showing your true Halo skills." Because the weapon forces you to do headshots, it will show you how skilled you are when it comes to precision and aiming. These guys believe every other weapons are for noobs and they are absolute haters of pretty much every weapon except the BR and the Sniper/Beam Rifle.

My opinion:
I personally think the BR is a lil bit overpowered, but I can own BR users at mid range with my AR by a simple grenade toss and then take him down while his shield is down (AR bullets hurt flesh). The BR is fairly easy to pull headshots. 90% of my kills are headshots with the BR and I can pull of 4 headshot kills pretty easily. The Magnum is much harder to aim vs the BR and it doesn't always get the shot. I do somewhat agree with the complainers that the BR does make other weapons kind of weak. I barley see any one use the Plasma Rifle or the Spiker. I've been to games where people would just use the BR in a Team BRS game and it gets very annoying. I just think it's all about the strategy. If there's more rushers, the AR would be in more of a use. I think praisers are stupid for saying every other weapons are for noobs. In Halo, it's all about timing and thinking most of the time. So I wouldn't say it's all about how good you aim. So in the end, I'm neutral.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:50 pm

I honestly dont get how the BR is so powerful.It takes too long to take down a elite shield or brute armor in the campaign,not sure if it's the same for the multiplayer though.

I personally like Covenant weapons the best,but if I had to use a UNSC rifle,it would be the assault rifle
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:38 pm

In my opinion, Battle Rifle is a very skilled weapon. Takes a lot of practise to be able to use it well. If you are at close range with an AR, its very difficult to pull off headshots and even if you are at mid range, as long as you strafe a lot, you should avoid most of the headshots.

Overpowered? No
Skillful? Yes
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:48 pm

The BR is my favorite weapon. I would rather have everyone skillfully pull off headshots than have everyone do the "run at each other spraying bullets and melee when you're close enough" technique with the AR.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 am

I am a BR fan, HEAVILY ever since Halo 2, but it's still not the end all be all at long range.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:43 am

I hate the BR becuase I get killed by it all the time and I can't shoot for shit with it. But I don't think it should be removed becuase it takes skill to use it properly.

I think they should just rank better. People like me should never be matched with people who pwn with the BR.

Halo Reach is going to have a much better matching system so hopefully people who use the BR will play with others who can and people like me can play with people who can't compete at that level.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:56 am

I need the BR because Team SWAT is my only good playlist.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 am

overpowered: yes
skillful: not really
i definetly think it should be removed i hate when people go oh your using *insert ANYOTHER WEAPON* nub and if you use br it happens 2 all this is caused by the br so in conclusion
dear br,
hey remeber me im the guy who pwned and got owned by you but you cause so much trash talk that i have to ask you to die preferably in a fire
your freind
arnt
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 am

HellJumper wrote:
I honestly dont get how the BR is so powerful.It takes too long to take down a elite shield or brute armor in the campaign,not sure if it's the same for the multiplayer though.

I personally like Covenant weapons the best,but if I had to use a UNSC rifle,it would be the assault rifle
For campaign, I think it's kind of fine. On Crow's nest, the Battle Rifle is really useful for the first battle you're about to get in. A lot of grunts=lots of head shots and I've always loved to use the BR against the Brute's armor just to soften them up a bit. Once I get up-close to the brute, finish him off with the AR.
Back to top Go down
uncrwndking
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:55 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
I hate the BR becuase I get killed by it all the time and I can't shoot for shit with it. But I don't think it should be removed becuase it takes skill to use it properly.

I think they should just rank better. People like me should never be matched with people who pwn with the BR.

Halo Reach is going to have a much better matching system so hopefully people who use the BR will play with others who can and people like me can play with people who can't compete at that level.

arnt god of war wrote:
i definetly think it should be removed i hate when people go oh your using *insert ANYOTHER WEAPON* nub and if you use br it happens 2 all this is caused by the br so in conclusion
dear br,
hey remeber me im the guy who pwned and got owned by you but you cause so much trash talk that i have to ask you to die preferably in a fire
your freind
arnt

Stick to Social Slayer. There's plenty of horrible players like yourselves in there who dare not to pick up a battle rifle. It is no where near as simple and easy as holding down the right trigger and spraying your assault rifle. And with the completely flawed, broken melee system, assault rifles have never been so much fun!......not. Seriously, Reach better fix Halo 3 and widen the skill gap.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:53 am

i really dont like it

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:12 pm

uncrwndking wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

arnt god of war wrote:
dear br,
your freind
arnt

Stick to Social Slayer. There's plenty of horrible players like yourselves in there who dare not to pick up a battle rifle. It is no where near as simple and easy as holding down the right trigger and spraying your assault rifle. And with the completely flawed, broken melee system, assault rifles have never been so much fun!......not. Seriously, Reach better fix Halo 3 and widen the skill gap.
i dont spray i aim for the head and continuosly hit you in the head unlike the br where you just get it there for a second shoot and repeat
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:24 pm

i dont like the covenant weapons,they look like childish guns,except the sniper and the little gun the brutes are carying (i dont whats it called),but if you ran out of ammo,you have to use them,i hate the green laser pistol
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:49 am

I love it how like most MLG players are all scared that Halo Reach is going to do bad because it's not 4 shot kills and it's not the same as the BR. F**king MLG players, I swear. I really feel like they ruined Halo a bit. Hopefully, Reach will end this whole "Mid-Range weapon dominate everything" title they had since CE. I feel like playing normal team slayer is funner than MLG. MLG is mostly focused on three weapons: BR, Sniper, and Rockets and it gets so boring using the BR like 80% of the time.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Hmm, I've never been a big fan of the battle rifle. I dunno why... just think it's not as satisfying to shoot lol.

Though I'm quite content to use any weapon on Halo, really. I'm frequently picking up different weapons and can't complain about any really.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:57 pm

BR Blows, it requires very little skill to master, and it's very powerful. The only times I like it are on large maps like Valhalla, I hate spawning with the AR in that map.

Usually I go with the AR and something else.

It's funny cause I've played with people who love the BR, and they generally suck in a match without it.

BR = Noob weapon, get over it.
Back to top Go down
The Freemon34
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:09 pm

my favorite halo weapons are

1. Spartan laser
2. original Shotgun
3. duel needlers Smile
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

well no one really knows if the BR will be in reach

(1 because it wasnt in halo CE
(2 the closest thing anyone has seen to a BR is the DMR, which looks like its not overpowerd but a gun that takes skill. It could be replacing the BR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm

jaykay wrote:
The BR is my favorite weapon. I would rather have everyone skillfully pull off headshots than have everyone do the "run at each other spraying bullets and melee when you're close enough" technique with the AR.

Agreed, the BR takes skill. Yeah 4 headshot kills, but not everyone can pull off 4 headshots in a row.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:29 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
BR Blows, it requires very little skill to master, and it's very powerful. The only times I like it are on large maps like Valhalla, I hate spawning with the AR in that map.

Usually I go with the AR and something else.

It's funny cause I've played with people who love the BR, and they generally suck in a match without it.

BR = Noob weapon, get over it.

That is your opinion. Just because you think its a n00b weapon doesn't mean it is one. BR is better at long range, and AR is better at close. But I would rather be shot with a BR then ran at with an AR and who ever beats the other down first wins.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 pm

BR takes no skill, you don't need 4 headshots, all you need is 3 body shots and 1 headshot and they're dead. And you know what's bad about the AR? It's range is like 10 feet, with BR you can kill people across the map.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:22 am

BlackStigma wrote:
BR takes no skill, you don't need 4 headshots, all you need is 3 body shots and 1 headshot and they're dead. And you know what's bad about the AR? It's range is like 10 feet, with BR you can kill people across the map.

No skill huh? try going into one of the pro matches with body shots and see how well you do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 pm

ghost23 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

No skill huh? try going into one of the pro matches with body shots and see how well you do.

QFT!!
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 3:54 am

CONFIRMED-No Battle rifle in halo reach. It is replaced by the DMR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community   The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community Empty

Back to top Go down

The Battle Rifle - The Most Controversial Weapon in Halo Community
Page 1 of 1