This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

honestly....im upset

Go down 
AuthorMessage
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

honestly....im upset Empty
PostSubject: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:58 pm

was thinking of trading it off for a PS3 this morning but turns out the waranty is still good. didnt want to have to go through the trouble of selling and buying another coppy of my non exclusive games either.
honestly....im upset Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Cool story, bro. No, but seriously, sorry man.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 pm

An idea would be to buy a new one. Perhaps an Arcade since they are the most reliable models (because you know they have the Jasper chip).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 pm

If you couldn't get it repaired, your best bet is to just get a new one. It's not worth selling all your games and rebuying them on PS3. You would loose a ton of money doing that.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 am

the RPG guy wrote:
was thinking of trading it off for a PS3 this morning but turns out the waranty is still good. didnt want to have to go through the trouble of selling and buying another coppy of my non exclusive games either.
honestly....im upset Kopfschuettel
You would lose so much money if you copied your 360 library over to the PS3. I was considering doing that for Just Cause 2 since the PS3 version has a video recorder/direct-to-YouTube uploader, and I bought the 360 version, but I figured it wasn't worth it to switch them out and be out $35 in the process.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:33 am

TRAITOR!!!!! When mine broke I wanted a new one not to get a ps3! YOU TRAITOR!

Jk lol but if anything, get a new one. The new Jasper unit IS a lot better. After I play mine for 8 hours (seriously did that during the double XP days for MW2 and now every day) it has a very low temperature on the top.

Sorry for your loss. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:03 am

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
TRAITOR!!!!! When mine broke I wanted a new one not to get a ps3! YOU TRAITOR!

Jk lol but if anything, get a new one. The new Jasper unit IS a lot better. After I play mine for 8 hours (seriously did that during the double XP days for MW2 and now every day) it has a very low temperature on the top.

Sorry for your loss. Sad
i said the warranty is still active,the company i bought it from is always kind enough to repair it....BUT ITS THE SAME DAMN XBOX!!!!!
btw its an 07
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:54 am

This is why you have it standing up straight....

For some weird reason, if you check videos of the RRoD on youtube, you will see that only 5-15% of the ones with it are standing up.

1. Have it standing up, this increases the cooling area. And reduces the chance of getting it.

2. Dont touch it, If you have it standing up increases the chance of tipping it over or scratching the disc. DON'T Touch it while it is on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

For some weird reason, if you check videos of the RRoD on youtube, you will see that only 5-15% of the ones with it are standing up.

1. Have it standing up, this increases the cooling area. And reduces the chance of getting it.

2. Dont touch it, If you have it standing up increases the chance of tipping it over or scratching the disc. DON'T Touch it while it is on.

Actually it is the oppossite.DONT STAND IT UP

It actually blocks off more critical air vents if you have it standing up.And all of the rrod vids ive seen on youtube are ones standing up

Plus it increases the chance of it scrathing you disk.ive had my 360 lying down for awhile now and it NEVER gets hot.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 pm

360 was built to be positioned either way. There is no right or wrong way to have it...except upside down. Your best bet to provent overheating is to keep the room cool or buy a cooling fan accessory.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:01 pm

I used to stand mine up, but I would occasionally get disc drive errors, and I had one serious one that didn't repair itself right away. So, I turned it on its side and it worked again and I've kept it like that ever since.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:32 pm

I just realised something. Why is it call Red Ring of Death? I mean its not even a ring! LOL.

But anyways, aint nothing worse than your Xbox dieing. My condolences. Sad
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:33 pm

You could buy a new 360 that has Jasper
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:44 pm

I have mine horizontal with a cooling unit in the back. Hasn't had a problem yet and I live mine on all day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:57 pm

What date when it was made? Get it repaired or trade it in for one with a Jasper chip. has rare rate of getting the rrod now.

Get a Jasper
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:08 pm

HellJumper wrote:

Actually it is the oppossite.DONT STAND IT UP

It actually blocks off more critical air vents if you have it standing up.And all of the rrod vids ive seen on youtube are ones standing up

Plus it increases the chance of it scrathing you disk.ive had my 360 lying down for awhile now and it NEVER gets hot.

Ive had my 360 for almost 1,5 years now.. Standing up, never scrathced a single disc and never got RRoD.

My brother have a launch 360, that have been standing up all the time, never RRoD or disc-scratched.

If you ever would to open the 360 you would see that there are no ventilation going down at all. In fact, if you check closely on the "bottom" on it you will see that the "vents" are on the sides (on both), and when the system is on you will feel air coming out from there, unlike the bottom of the system.

The 360 is marketed as a standing system and developed to work best under that circumstance. I have been going to a systems hardware class in school with in mind of gaming. With the example of the infamous RRoD, we go tips how to decrease the chance of getting it. The first point we learnt be opening it up and examining it was to have it standing.
Unlike you, I have tested the capabilities of the system in what heat it will fail and the cause.

Somethings we picked up was:

1. Have it standing, this reduced the average temperature of the motherboard of almost 10-15 degrees centigrade then having it lying down.

2. Dont block the backside of it with and "inter-cooler" or by putting it to close to a wall. The inter-cooler increased the temperature slightly.

3. Place the xbox in a open area, for example on the floor or on the top of a desk, having it lying down inside a cabinet will seriously increase its core temperature.

4. Dont stack things on top of the xbox or next to it. By the laws of physics everything strives to have the same temperature as its neighbour. Placing an object next to it will increase the "neighbourhood" temperature.

5. Dont touch it while its running!

HellJumper, this is not something that I'm making up. We tested this during class to know how to make the best out of a system. This is something you will learn if you ever go a physics class in school, that the larger area of an object will "cool" more then a smaller part.
Note: the 360 has 2*80mm fans on the back of the system, with a aluminium/copper heatzink. Dues making the theory useless with the vents in the bottom. The only fans are blowing at is the CPU/GPU heatzink, air can travel through it but will not travel out the bottom, as it is sealed.

http://www.hardware.info/images/articles/xbox360-open.jpg
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Well,im gonig by personal experience.

When I first got my 360,I had it standing up.It was in the same condition and same spot as it is lying down.Now,I was playing Halo 3 for a few days and I noticed my 360 getting pretty hot.By that time I was fearful of the RROD and decided to lie it down.

My 360 never got overheated again,and I have evne played it longer than I did when it got overheated.I can leave my 360 on for 20 hours without it getting hot or very warm

BTW,lying it on a carpet or floor isnt good at all.For one,viabration in the floor isnt good at all.Plus the dust in the carpet(even the 360 manuel say dust is bad)
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:04 pm

I've always had mine horizontal and I've never had a problem with it at all.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

I keep mine standing straight at the moment but I usually keep it flat and I find it actually heats less when it's flat...... I think it's because there are loads of holes on the base.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Just buy an RROD fix kit. I fixed my friends when that happened. Cost about 30 bucks on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 pm

My brother's 360 broke once (was ours, oh and btw I have been playing GTA4 for a couple of hours on it). We sent it back to Microsoft and have not had many problems.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 pm

I know Microsoft gives you free 3 year warranty but honestly it's less of a hastle to just get the retail warranty. If it breaks you can just get a new one without having to wait 3-4 weeks. And if you have an old model you will be trading it in for a newer Jasper model which is practically RROD proof.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:18 pm

At the end of 2010, there will be a 360 Slim that will fix everything, just wait till its announced in 1 month @ E3.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:49 pm

get a new one with jasper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: honestly....im upset   honestly....im upset Empty

Back to top Go down

honestly....im upset
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Hardware-
Jump to: