This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat

Go down 
+4
jaykay
Optimus Lime
343_Guilty_Spark
igame
8 posters
AuthorMessage
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat   Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:37 am

There seems to be more and more games that were once exclusive coming to other platforms, we saw games from ps3 like Tekken, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil come to the 360, and games from that were once exclusive to the 360 like Dead Rising, Bioshock, Ninja Gainden and recently Ghost Recon Future Soldier come to the ps3.

Do u think 3rd party exclusives will continue to decrease to the point that the only exclusive games will be 1st party?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat   Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 am

It used to be that publisher could put all their eggs in one basket per generation. That's why the PS2 had some nay games. It wasn't becuase it had the best hardware, far from it. Sony was just good at tricking people into buying their "cool" console and developers jumped on board to sell to all those PS2 owners.

But now we have a Wii that can't handle the games developers want to make and two HD machines that have nearly the same sales. Publisher can make more money if they port to both HD machines and publishers will always do what makes the most money.

MS needs to start buying up developers to bolster it's 1st party lineup. Exclusives are what people look at when deciding what console to buy. Right now Xbox 360 has the best exclusives, but that might not always be the case and multiplats are on both so while nice to have you don't have to make a decision based on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat   Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:56 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Sony was just good at tricking people into buying their "cool" console

Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat   Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:00 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I thought the same thing. Shame on Sony, for tricking me into buying the PS2. They lured me in with all those fantastic titles and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Microsoft really needs to step up their first-party game. So far they're strongest with third-party exclusive developers, but for those developers, one console ain't gonna cut it a lot of the time. Nintendo and Sony have first-party developers locked down, so they're much safer in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat   Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:13 am

igame wrote:
There seems to be more and more games that were once exclusive coming to other platforms, we saw games from ps3 like Tekken, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil come to the 360, and games from that were once exclusive to the 360 like Dead Rising, Bioshock, Ninja Gainden and recently Ghost Recon Future Soldier come to the ps3.

Do u think 3rd party exclusives will continue to decrease to the point that the only exclusive games will be 1st party?

Indeed this is what will happen due to the money they can make from going Multiplat, the issue for Microsoft is that they need to either buy some of these 3rd Party developers or start up some developers of there own as Sony's biggest advantage is the number of 1st party developers they have.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat   Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:33 am

I would say so yes.Im hoping not though. I agree with 343 in that exclusives are the main reason why people buy consoles. And MS havent got that many 1st party studios were Sony have alot and the second party devs they work with that keep their games exclusive to the PS3 sell their IP's too Sony. i.e Resistence.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat   Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:54 pm

jaykay wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I thought the same thing. Shame on Sony, for tricking me into buying the PS2. They lured me in with all those fantastic titles and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Microsoft really needs to step up their first-party game. So far they're strongest with third-party exclusive developers, but for those developers, one console ain't gonna cut it a lot of the time. Nintendo and Sony have first-party developers locked down, so they're much safer in the long run.

The PS2 was a great console. The 360 is the new PS2.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat   Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:20 pm

jaykay wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

lol he didn't mean it in that way, I think he means that despite it's technical shortcomings, Sony were just able to market and advertise it well which led to it's success in sales and therefore it's huuuugee library.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat   Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat Empty

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Games Going Multi-plat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: