This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

God of war goty

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

God of war goty - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:29 pm

God of War 3 wont win GOTY.

For two reasons

1:didnt live up to the hype and isnt the highest rated game this year so far

2:Released early in the year
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:34 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Yeh i always find it annoying when people bitch about paying $60 for a game. I'd do anything to only pay $60. Even taking into account import costs and exchange rates, shit it still overpriced by like 50% in Aus.

Yeah I know! They should consider them lucky for paying 1/2 of what we pay in Australia. It's not just games we get charged a lot more, it's DVDs, Computers, TVs etc. But I guess it's because Australia is a lot smaller than USA or Japan or any other country.
Back to top Go down
Superkingz2
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Superkingz2

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:53 pm

I'm not really into god of war, and would be disappointed if it won
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:33 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Invincible wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
I was just twisting what ghost23 said. Most sequels don't redefine the core of the game. Mainly the visuals and the fluidity of the gameplay.

Ahh but you see. Mass Effect 2 totally redefined the combat. If you had played it you would know. Mass Effect 1 shooting felt horrible. Mass Effect 2 shooting is nearly on par with Gears of War 2.

Haven't picked up ME2 yet because it's so damn expensive... I don't have $119 lying around just before SC:C and AW

LOL do u actually buy games at $119? Don't take the bullshit that EB Games puts out because games shouldn't be retailing at $119. I buy all my standard editions at either $99 for big titles or $79 for smaller titles. The only time i pay more than that is for special editions.

A video game cost $119 where you live? Suspect Holy crap that's expensive! Even $99 brand new is insane. I'll never bitch about paying $50-$60 ever again. God bless America.

Yeh i always find it annoying when people bitch about paying $60 for a game. I'd do anything to only pay $60. Even taking into account import costs and exchange rates, shit it still overpriced by like 50% in Aus.

How long does it take for the price to drop? And what does it drop to? In the US, I can get a new game for $40 if I buy online a month after its release. 6 months later, its $20~$30.

That sucks you have to pay so much, man. At least AU has lots of hot women.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Invincible wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Invincible wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
I was just twisting what ghost23 said. Most sequels don't redefine the core of the game. Mainly the visuals and the fluidity of the gameplay.

Ahh but you see. Mass Effect 2 totally redefined the combat. If you had played it you would know. Mass Effect 1 shooting felt horrible. Mass Effect 2 shooting is nearly on par with Gears of War 2.

Haven't picked up ME2 yet because it's so damn expensive... I don't have $119 lying around just before SC:C and AW

LOL do u actually buy games at $119? Don't take the bullshit that EB Games puts out because games shouldn't be retailing at $119. I buy all my standard editions at either $99 for big titles or $79 for smaller titles. The only time i pay more than that is for special editions.

A video game cost $119 where you live? Suspect Holy crap that's expensive! Even $99 brand new is insane. I'll never bitch about paying $50-$60 ever again. God bless America.

How long does it take for the price to drop? And what does it drop to? In the US, I can get a new game for $40 if I buy online a month after its release. 6 months later, its $20~$30.

That sucks you have to pay so much, man. At least AU has lots of hot women.

There isn't really a set price drop. Retailers just drop prices at random times to random amounts. ODST got dropped to $68 the second day it was out by one retailers and EB Games was still trying to sell it at $99. And games stay expensive here for a long time. CoD4 was still full price up until the release of Modern Warfare 2. Now CoD4 is $50.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 pm

It is a great game, no denying it. But GOTY? I doubt it. Way to many better games coming out, and I never played Mass Effect 2 but from what everyone says that looks like the biggest contender out right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:29 pm

HellJumper wrote:

For two reasons

Didn't win up to the hype? Are you insane? Have you played the game? The game is good and no doubt its a contender for GOTY, will it win, is another story. But we still have plenty to wait for and maybe even some unsaid games. If they come out with a Little Big Planet 2 (doubting it extremely) that will definitely win GOTY in my eyes. Want replay ability? LBP's got it.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:26 am

!i wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

For two reasons

Didn't win up to the hype? Are you insane? Have you played the game? The game is good and no doubt its a contender for GOTY, will it win, is another story. But we still have plenty to wait for and maybe even some unsaid games. If they come out with a Little Big Planet 2 (doubting it extremely) that will definitely win GOTY in my eyes. Want replay ability? LBP's got it.

It definitely didn't live up to the standards set by God of War 2. While it is still an amazing game, it wasn't as good as God of War 2. And this game was hyped to exceed God of War 2.
Back to top Go down
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:35 am

- *maximus facepalmus*

how WASN'T it as great as God Of War 2?!

GOTY going to:
God Of War III
Mario Galaxy 2
Mass Effect 2 .

Bottom line .
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 am

Sir.Zillah wrote:
- *maximus facepalmus*

how WASN'T it as great as God Of War 2?!

GOTY going to:
God Of War III
Mario Galaxy 2
Mass Effect 2 .

Bottom line .

You forgot Halo Reach.Halo Reach has made more changes and seems to be more improved than any of those games(except for Mass Effect)
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:22 am

!i wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

For two reasons

It didnt win up to the hype.you can even check the review scores if you dont beleive me.And apperently the story wasnt AS good as the other GOW

It wont win GOTY unless it is released in the later half of the year.VGA awards are decidede on voting polls from gamer's themselves.By the time VGA comes,gamers wouldnt be hyped for GOW 3 and many gamers wont vote for GOW 3.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:33 pm

GOW3 is a great game but definitley not GOTY material.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:44 pm

HellJumper wrote:
!i wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

For two reasons

It wont win GOTY unless it is released in the later half of the year..

So you're saying Mass Effect 2 doesn't stand a chance either?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Invincible wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
!i wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

For two reasons

It wont win GOTY unless it is released in the later half of the year..

So you're saying Mass Effect 2 doesn't stand a chance either?

Nope,it doesnt.By that time people wont be thinknig about Mass Effect 2 or GOW 3.And im not saying GOW 3 is bad,it is a great game(little to gory and violent for my taste) but it just wont win.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Mass Effect 2 has a huge chance of winning GOTY. Havent played GoW 3 so I cant comment on that.

Top contenders will be

Halo: Reach
Mass Effect 2
GoW 3
Mario Galaxy 2

(I added GoW 3 on its reputation alone).

Potential suprise contenders

Mafia II
Red Dead Redemption
Back to top Go down
The Freemon34
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:04 pm

*enters room *

The Last Guardian

*exits room *
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:00 pm

You all forget the big issues here

Wii = Children, old people, and females make up the majority of the audience, who probably won't vote for VGA.

360 = All around audience, although the kids and females probably won't vote

PS3 = Middle Aged Old Men and the largest fanboy contingency so far, many of them will vote.

God of War 3 has a good chance for GOTY

I mean look at Uncharted 2, about 2 and a half sales at the time compared to MW2 which had like 7 million on 360 and 4 million on PS3. Logically, more people should have voted for MW2 than Uncharted 2. My guess is that at least twice as many PS3 owners vote for VGA than 360 owners. I also guess that Uncharted 2 also got many votes from those who hadn't even played the game.

As for AIAS Gow 3 doesn't stand a chance. But hey look at it this way

VGA = Spike or MTV equivalent awards

AIAS = Oscar equivalent
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:18 pm

The Freemon34 wrote:
*enters room *

The Last Guardian

*exits room *
How much do we even know about that game?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
The Freemon34 wrote:
*enters room *

The Last Guardian

*exits room *
How much do we even know about that game?

Nothing. But its been developed by Team Ico, and from what I've heard, they have a great track record.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:42 pm

god of war is great but my vote is mass effect 2. only time will tell what will win and there are still other games coming out this year. so now wii play the waiting game ^.^
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:21 pm

fallout new vegas is easily goty noiminated.
too bad it uses the same engine :/
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:19 pm

I THINK PS3 FANBOY SITES WILL GIVE IT
Back to top Go down
Xmarksthespot
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xmarksthespot

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Umm...no i doubt its gonna get GOTY seeing how it only got 1.1 million sells in a week. lol ODST got more sells than that in a day lol. ODST=4 million copies in 1 day. GOW3= 1.1 copies in 1 week.
Back to top Go down
Xmarksthespot
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xmarksthespot

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:40 pm

oops..wrong number its was 2 million not 4. lol still more though.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:14 am

Halo Reach will take the crown Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God of war goty   God of war goty - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

God of war goty
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-
Jump to: