This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:22 am

Don't get me wrong, I love XBox 360 but Microsoft are money grabbing bastards.
Really.
In January I had signed up for a month of xbox live through the xbox 360. After the month was over... I still had gold. I kinda knew it was still charging me (I used my mum's card lol so I wasn't really bothered that it was taking money every month).
Only recently my mum found out and so she told me to cancel it. Well I was searching around on the xbox 360 dashboard for ages to find a way to cancel the damn thing but all to no avail.....
Kind of ridiculous that you can spend unlimited amounts of money on stuff on Xbox 360 yet can't even perform the simplest cancellation.
So then I went on the Xbox website and a forum post said that to cancel you just need to go to your profile and for xbox live gold, where it says "automatic renewal", click no.
guess what....
there is no link to click no. So basically, I'm left with no method of cancelling my xbox live subscription. I guess I could phone, I will do that but seriously...... how hard does it have to be!? Why should I have to jump through all these hoops?! XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:49 am

You should be able to do it through xbox.com if not just call them.

But hey MS arn't that bad, you want a greedy company, look at Activision. Milking the absolute shit out of COD.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:24 am

ghost23 wrote:
You should be able to do it through xbox.com if not just call them.

But hey MS arn't that bad, you want a greedy company, look at Activision. Milking the absolute shit out of COD.

Yeah I guess so lol
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:12 am

damn that sucks..but yeah as ghost said you should call them at least.and you shouldnt steal your mum's card.its bad LMAO joking anyway it sucks but i think you should call them
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Your first problem was signing up for only 1 month.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:28 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
damn that sucks..but yeah as ghost said you should call them at least.and you shouldnt steal your mum's card.its bad LMAO joking anyway it sucks but i think you should call them

Lmao yes I'm a very naughty boy. Actually I didn't steal it, I asked if I could have a month and she payed for me. I just "forgot" to tell her that it was giving me gold every month Razz
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Im thinking of donating to microsoft they need my moneyz $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:12 pm

I absolutly hate MS. I love my 360 but hate the makers!
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:54 pm

You'd angry at MS becuase you bought something and then changed your mind about it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:39 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
You'd angry at MS becuase you bought something and then changed your mind about it?
I am wondering about this too. DDD try calling MS, this is why I do not use Credit Cards, my mom just buys my brother Gold Cards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:40 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

No, because they forced me to pay more than what I wanted without informing me and then didn't provide any way to stop it.
I selected month to month and it specifically said "£4.99" yet after that month was over it continued to take money.

It's alright now though, phoned 'em up and cancelled it.
From now on though I think I will just buy 3 month cards from shops.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 am

demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

No, because they forced me to pay more than what I wanted without informing me and then didn't provide any way to stop it.
I selected month to month and it specifically said "£4.99" yet after that month was over it continued to take money.

They didn't force you to buy anything. It's outlined in the terms of use that they will continue charging your credit card in order to maintain XBOX Live Gold. It's just no one reads the terms of use but they are perfectly allowed to continue charging your credit card because you agreed to it.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:08 am

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

They didn't force you to buy anything. It's outlined in the terms of use that they will continue charging your credit card in order to maintain XBOX Live Gold. It's just no one reads the terms of use but they are perfectly allowed to continue charging your credit card because you agreed to it.

That is true so DDD cant really blame them for his own mistake
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:59 pm

demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

You should really buy a 12 month card, it's the best deal and you can even get it cheaper from Amazon.com I only paid $30 for 12 months of Gold.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:43 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

You should really buy a 12 month card, it's the best deal and you can even get it cheaper from Amazon.com I only paid $30 for 12 months of Gold.

Hmmm yeah that's true.
But it gives me an enormous decision;
Buy Bully: Scholarship Edition, my favourite game of all time but with more content and on an hd system ....or....12 months of gaming online.
Hmmmmmm.....
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:01 am

There is ALWAYS a way to cancle credit cards subscriptions. Don't blame Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:40 am

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
There is ALWAYS a way to cancle credit cards subscriptions. Don't blame Microsoft.
Yeah but it's ridiculous that it's the easiest thing ever to make transactions on XBL yet impossible to cancel them on XBL. They've also purposefully taken the ability to cancel online so that you decide you can't be bothered to start calling them up to cancel and just let them drain your credit card month after month.
Sigh...

though the service is usually top notch so MS are alright I guess.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:44 pm

demondragondude wrote:
and just let them drain your credit card month after month.
Is 8 dollars a month "draining" your credit card? lol
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 pm

demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Hmmm yeah that's true.
Buy Bully: Scholarship Edition, my favourite game of all time but with more content and on an hd system ....or....12 months of gaming online.
Hmmmmmm.....

Well if I were you I'd make the choice and if I went for the game I wouldn't play online. But if I decided that since I'd already played the game Xbox Live was the way to go I'd buy a 12 month card.

If you're paying $8 a month that adds up to $96 a year. So if you bought a $45 12 month card you'd be saving $51 which is nearly the cost of another game. That's only $3.75 a month and sometimes you can get it on sale for even cheaper. The way you're doing it is costing you way too much.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:37 am

Master_Chief wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
and just let them drain your credit card month after month.
Is 8 dollars a month "draining" your credit card? lol

Razz If I didn't stop it then it would be draining it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Hmmm yeah that's true.
Hmmmmmm.....

Well if I were you I'd make the choice and if I went for the game I wouldn't play online. But if I decided that since I'd already played the game Xbox Live was the way to go I'd buy a 12 month card.

If you're paying $8 a month that adds up to $96 a year. So if you bought a $45 12 month card you'd be saving $51 which is nearly the cost of another game. That's only $3.75 a month and sometimes you can get it on sale for even cheaper. The way you're doing it is costing you way too much.

Yeah I see.. Hmm maybe I will go for xbox live. I got contacted on Youtube by this record label in california who are offering me $30 if I put some of their music on my most viewed video. If I do that, then I just need a bit more cash and can get XBL Gold for a year. That's probably the best option.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 am

demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Hmmm yeah that's true.
Hmmmmmm.....
i wont tell what you should buy but i suggest you choose what you think its best for you..yes you will have online for a year and you will have your favorite game of all time but if youre going to ask me,i suggest getting the 12 months of gaming online,because when you get bully,you are going to play it for 2-3 weeks then you wont touch the game for a awhile
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Yeah, I was about to use my credit card until I read the agreement and found out I can't cancel it. So I bought a 12 month card off Amazon for real cheap and will continue to do it that way.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:13 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Hmmm yeah that's true.
Hmmmmmm.....
i wont tell what you should buy but i suggest you choose what you think its best for you..yes you will have online for a year and you will have your favorite game of all time but if youre going to ask me,i suggest getting the 12 months of gaming online,because when you get bully,you are going to play it for 2-3 weeks then you wont touch the game for a awhile

Actually I poured I think approximately 150 hours into Bully on the PS2 and am still not bored of it.
I've completed it god-knows how many times and would complete it even more times and collect ALL THE ACHIEVEMENTS!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I HATE M$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next