This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Should we be able to change our names?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:20 pm

I think we should. I would personally like to change mine (I am not crazy about changing it, I like my name, but I would rather be "Exodus" again). I am not obsessed over the issue but it is nice to have, without having to annoy the shit out of MLD to change it. The only reason why (or so I was told) that you were not allowed to change your name was that so trolls could not change their names. For that reason it is unnecessary becuase only a user would fall for it and it does not change their IP, so mods should not have a problem. If it was another problem then please inform me. But I don't see the problem and it would be nice to have.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:56 am

It just makes things a lot easier when identifying people, not just the trolls but the regular members as well.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:10 am

ghost23 wrote:
It just makes things a lot easier when identifying people, not just the trolls but the regular members as well.

IPs show all to me. Funny thing about identity though, there are still people who don't know I was Exodus, not even kidding.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:16 am

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
It just makes things a lot easier when identifying people, not just the trolls but the regular members as well.

IPs show all to me. Funny thing about identity though, there are still people who don't know I was Exodus, not even kidding.
I know you are Exodus. Because you have part of your name which is from the Bible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Guest
Guest



Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:19 am

Kendo wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
It just makes things a lot easier when identifying people, not just the trolls but the regular members as well.

IPs show all to me. Funny thing about identity though, there are still people who don't know I was Exodus, not even kidding.
I know you are Exodus. Because you have part of your name which is from the Bible.

I know, but some people can't make the connection, I am not criticizing him, but even Matrix only found out about a week or so a ago that I was Exodus.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
It just makes things a lot easier when identifying people, not just the trolls but the regular members as well.

IPs show all to me. Funny thing about identity though, there are still people who don't know I was Exodus, not even kidding.
I know you are Exodus. Because you have part of your name which is from the Bible.

I know, but some people can't make the connection, I am not criticizing him, but even Matrix only found out about a week or so a ago that I was Exodus.
Wow. Well that sucks I must say. But its weird because I knew HellJumper was Arbiteris before anyone else almost and I knew who you were. But I vote that you should be able to change your name to Exodus.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Guest
Guest



Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Kendo wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
It just makes things a lot easier when identifying people, not just the trolls but the regular members as well.

IPs show all to me. Funny thing about identity though, there are still people who don't know I was Exodus, not even kidding.
I know you are Exodus. Because you have part of your name which is from the Bible.

I know, but some people can't make the connection, I am not criticizing him, but even Matrix only found out about a week or so a ago that I was Exodus.
Wow. Well that sucks I must say. But its weird because I knew HellJumper was Arbiteris before anyone else almost and I knew who you were. But I vote that you should be able to change your name to Exodus.

Lol, same, to both the my wanting to change my name, and that HJ kept saying how he wanted to change his name, he had me send him a million sig pics for him too.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 pm

I honestly dont understand why MLD doesnt allow people to change there names.

If someone comes here to troll,they will do it fast,they wont even care about changing there name.And if the guy is a stealth troll,he also wont bother changing his name.Because it doesnt take very long for people to realise who that guy is

Just look at Optimus Lime,He changed his IP yet users(including me) found out that he is Onlyablurayplayer(that account was banned and optimus Lime is his new)

I think I made my case
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

Posts : 257
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 25

Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm

HellJumper wrote:
I honestly dont understand why MLD doesnt allow people to change there names.

If someone comes here to troll,they will do it fast,they wont even care about changing there name.And if the guy is a stealth troll,he also wont bother changing his name.Because it doesnt take very long for people to realise who that guy is

Just look at Optimus Lime,He changed his IP yet users(including me) found out that he is Onlyablurayplayer(that account was banned and optimus Lime is his new)

I think I made my case
You knew that I was EventGamer solely based on IP, so it's not hard to see through name changes.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:34 pm

I don't understand the point of changing your name. It's your identity here, it's established, it is who you are to everyone that knows you. Changing it is just confusing and ultimately unneeded. You had the chance to choose any name you wanted when you made your account, and now becuase you changed your mind you want to change it again? How many times are you going to change your mind? You don't know. The more you change it the more confusing it gets.

We don't need people changing their name on a whim. And we don't need trolls who's flame-bait posts have been deleted getting warnings when they should get banned just because they changed their name and theirs no evidence left on their IP to show they trolled before. I don't write down troll's IP, but I remember their usernames.

Does youtube let you change your name? No. How many websites let you change your name? Almost none. There's no reason for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Guest
Guest



Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:37 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
I don't understand the point of changing your name. It's your identity here, it's established, it is who you are to everyone that knows you. Changing it is just confusing and ultimately unneeded. You had the chance to choose any name you wanted when you made your account, and now becuase you changed your mind you want to change it again? How many times are you going to change your mind? You don't know. The more you change it the more confusing it gets.

We don't need people changing their name on a whim. And we don't need trolls who's flame-bait posts have been deleted getting warnings when they should get banned just because they changed their name and theirs no evidence left on their IP to show they trolled before. I don't write down troll's IP, but I remember their usernames.

Does youtube let you change your name? No. How many websites let you change your name? Almost none. There's no reason for it.

I am aware that it identifies you on this forum, something that I screwed up on this forum when I switched to Ezekiel instead of Exodus, but that is something mostly taken care of, and no I do not regret it, as I said I do like my current name. You would be surprised that there are people who still don't know I was Exodus.

Yes I did, (not sure why), but you appear (correct me if I am wrong) to be assuming I want to change my name on a whim, incorrect. The name "Exodus" is the name I use for everything else (youtube, xbox live, ect.), it was also the first name I used on this forum and what everyone knows me by (you can thank a complication that it isn't my name here anymore). "Exodus" is what people know me as and what certian users prefer to refer to me as (i.e. Blixtstorm) on this forum. So to kill two birds with 1 stone, yes I do know how many times I would change my mind, none, I am also not changing it on a whim.

There is something about the trolls though, when scanning their IP it also shows their previous usernames on the forum if I am correct, along with their IP, they would also never pick the same name twice, you have exceptions but that makes your job easier. so I don't see your point in that. Yes I see that most sites don't allow name changes. Let's say we were never allowed to change our names on this site ever, well I would not have been able to use the desired name anyway becuase of a hacker and a complication with the mods here.

Anyway, I was not trying to imply I do not like the name I have now, as stated in post 1 of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:53 pm

I already covered why trolls changing there names arent a threat.That point is covered.So there really isnt any reason why we shouldnt be able.

It doesnt matter if other sites dont allow it,we are talking about the XBOX REPUBLIC,not any other site
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Yeah, maybe Generalmld will add the option. But for now you're just going to have to stick with Ezekiel. Of course you could always make a new account.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Guest
Guest



Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:53 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Yeah, maybe Generalmld will add the option. But for now you're just going to have to stick with Ezekiel. Of course you could always make a new account.

Owning multiple accounts is not allowed on this forum without a very good reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Should we be able to change our names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we be able to change our names?   Should we be able to change our names? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Should we be able to change our names?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Common names
» Game names vs user names - MMUFF
» Berkaitan lampu "OIL CHANGE"
» How to change games from cbh file to pgn file ??
» FANTAGE CHANGE EMAIL

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements, Rules, and Regulations :: Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: