This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's so great about PC gaming?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGreenRanger
Seaman Recruit
TheGreenRanger

What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:18 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Fauchard wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Consoles FTW!! I'd always prefer to be sitting on my couch playing either the 360 or PS3 on a 40' HDTV, rather than sitting at a desk! LMAO Playing games on a little monitor!

What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 4467111

Thats how I do it. Wink
You can do it with a PC too

Not with as much ease as consoles. Its not standard for a PC to be on the TV

Have you ever set up a TV monitor?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:59 am

TheGreenRanger wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Fauchard wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Consoles FTW!! I'd always prefer to be sitting on my couch playing either the 360 or PS3 on a 40' HDTV, rather than sitting at a desk! LMAO Playing games on a little monitor!

What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 4467111

Thats how I do it. Wink
You can do it with a PC too

Not with as much ease as consoles. Its not standard for a PC to be on the TV

Have you ever set up a TV monitor?

I have used a small flat screen TV as a monitor before yes, but I meant hooking it up to like a 56 in TV
Back to top Go down
NobelSniper

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Everything, it's a fantastic alternative to consoles, most people say that it's way too expensive but to be honest you could look at it like this (going to use GBP here so don't flinch):

Awesome Gaming PC (that you build on your own: £1200

plus say, 20 games (that are always cheaper on PC, eg: ArcaniA on 360 is £40 but on PC it's only £17 but for example) but just to generalize let's say they are £30 each which is about right for a new release: £30 20 x 30 = 600

1200 + 600 = 1800

If you wanted a similar set up on a console

Console: (dependant on choice obv but for a bundle lets say £250

With 20 games normally at £40: 40 x 20: £800

With a half decent laptop in replacement of all the features the PC can do bar top notch gaming at £600ish

plus a sub to LIVE/PSN Gold at £40 last time I looked

250 + 40 + 800 + 600 comes out at £1690

That is £150 difference, but tbh mods, dedicated servers a back catalogue of over 30 years of gaming and the fact that mulis are generally better on PC that pretty much makes up the difference

Or you could just pirate all your games and save 600 but you can do the same on a JTagged 360 (Don't do it kids it's very wrong and you could get sent to shower time prison).

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:26 pm

If i want to game on PC, I would only do i for MMO's and RTS.Nothing else.Everything else id prefer on a console.

Console gaming is the best imo

And no console fanbase is as terrible as PC's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
If i want to game on PC, I would only do i for MMO's and RTS.Nothing else.Everything else id prefer on a console.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Shoke

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

How would you know unless you actually game on a PC and interact ingame with the PC community? =P Exactly, you wouldn't know. You just say they're the worst because some of them get pissy when console fanboys down PC gaming when they know nothing of it. Get real brah. Razz
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Shoke wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

How would you know unless you actually game on a PC and interact ingame with the PC community? =P Exactly, you wouldn't know. You just say they're the worst because some of them get pissy when console fanboys down PC gaming when they know nothing of it. Get real brah. Razz

BRAH!

PC gaming elitists are the worst fanboys ever. PERIOD.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Shoke wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

no u
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:31 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Shoke wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

no u

No U. Stop it.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:41 am

Arbiteris wrote:

I have never encountered whiny high pitched voice 12, 13, and 14 year olds on my computer.
I have to put up with that shit daily on xbl. So what are you talking about? Also I know graphics arent everything but I only upgrade my computer like every 4 or years or so. It really isn't that expensive as some of you make out to be.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 5:07 am

There was actually this really young kid in our L4D1 party today. We were playing on this awesome mod (where you get upgrades like Armor, laser sights, incineration ammo, explosive ammo, SUPER PILLZ, and low gravity enabled on all maps! SHIT IS SO FUN!) There was one kid in there that had this high pitched voice, so high, that I couldn't tell whether it was a boy or girl. But this kid...he...he was civil. @_@

BTW guys...BILL COSBY SMOKER IS THE GREATEST THING EVER! XD
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:10 am

Jamin wrote:
There was actually this really young kid in our L4D1 party today. We were playing on this awesome mod (where you get upgrades like Armor, laser sights, incineration ammo, explosive ammo, SUPER PILLZ, and low gravity enabled on all maps! SHIT IS SO FUN!) There was one kid in there that had this high pitched voice, so high, that I couldn't tell whether it was a boy or girl. But this kid...he...he was civil. @_@

BTW guys...BILL COSBY SMOKER IS THE GREATEST THING EVER! XD

WTF!? Did you lure it out with some Jello Pudding? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:15 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I have never encountered whiny high pitched voice 12, 13, and 14 year olds on my computer.
I have to put up with that shit daily on xbl. So what are you talking about? Also I know graphics arent everything but I only upgrade my computer like every 4 or years or so. It really isn't that expensive as some of you make out to be.

Sorry for the double post. (I don't know how to multi-quote O_o)

But I'd be more enticed to get a high end gaming PC for that Infinity game you posted. I read up about it on the official forums and the game seems like it's going to be EPIC! The scale of an MMORPG like that has never been done.

But that's the thing about PC gaming, games like that are few and far between. Well one's that interest me.
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Games were originally intended to be played on gameconsoles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Games were originally intended to be played on gameconsoles. [citation needed]
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:18 am

NightFang91 wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Rolling Eyes

It depends. I've heard complaints for Dead Space's controls for the PC and almost no RTS with the exception of Halo Wars has been successful on a console.

Also to answer OP's question: Fuck'd if I know.

I think Stoney said it best: with the exception of mods there's not much difference between the two.

Or something like that.

Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
I dont get why people think PC gaming is dead....

WoW has sold more copies then any console game in history.. (excluding the bundled game from nintendo)

The Sims has sold over 30M copies with all the games (1, 2 and 3)

PC gaming isnt dead, its just something console blokes doesnt understand.

I'm pretty sure WOW has only 10 million subsribers.

And Super Mario Bros. sold like 40 million copies.
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:58 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Rolling Eyes

No, no, no, no, no, think about it, the first games were the ones on the big arcade machines, and home videogameconsoles like the Atari Pong or Magnavox Oddyssey, later came the computers, which adapted these features, like the Commodore 64 videogamecomputer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Master Chief wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Rolling Eyes

No, no, no, no, no, think about it, the first games were the ones on the big arcade machines, and home videogameconsoles like the Atari Pong or Magnavox Oddyssey, later came the computers, which adapted these features, like the Commodore 64 videogamecomputer.

Oddysey was released 1967 and Pong was released 1972.

Before that there was Spacewar!, wich was made 1961 for the DEC PDP-1 computer. The whole argument is moot, since the first interactive electronic game used cathode ray tubes. You don't see people saying "games were originally intended to be played on cathode ray tubes", do you?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:37 am

The Odyssey came out in 1972.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:20 am

BlackStigma wrote:
The Odyssey came out in 1972.
Yeah, I might missphrased that. It was created in 1967.

My point still stands though alien
Back to top Go down
GrandMasterZillah
Seaman
Seaman
GrandMasterZillah

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:45 pm

I don't like PC Gaming.

I'm a fraghead, but I don't like RTS's, and not much of a MMORPG guy.\
So that knocks a lot of PC games dead there.
And 1000$ or more for a great PC? I'm goooood.

300 bucks for a PS3/360 is good.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:34 pm

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
I don't like PC Gaming.

You can build a PC for like 400-? dollars that can run generic FPS games like Crysis, STALKER, and Black Ops on HIGH settings that actually isn't much of a difference from Medium settings.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Pickles wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
I don't like PC Gaming.

You can build a PC for like 400-? dollars that can run generic FPS games like Crysis, STALKER, and Black Ops on HIGH settings that actually isn't much of a difference from Medium settings.
LMAO! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 pm

PC gaming is awesome. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's so great about PC gaming?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next