This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's so great about PC gaming?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Steam is the best service out there today.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:00 pm

theassassins wrote:
I especially love the way you can import your own games into Steam. =P You can get games from other platforms and sites, and just pop them into Steam.

My account only has about $130 worth of games on it, but I've got 64 games total. =P Dirt 2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Aliens Vs Predator, Supreme Commander 2, Overlord, Orange Box, the list goes on and on. cheers
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:48 am

Jamin wrote:
theassassins wrote:
I especially love the way you can import your own games into Steam. =P You can get games from other platforms and sites, and just pop them into Steam.

My account only has about $130 worth of games on it, but I've got 64 games total. =P Dirt 2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Aliens Vs Predator, Supreme Commander 2, Overlord, Orange Box, the list goes on and on. cheers

What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 1278991902568

>>>>He bought Aliens Vs Predators
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 am

Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
I don't like PC Gaming.

I'm a fraghead, but I don't like RTS's, and not much of a MMORPG guy.\
So that knocks a lot of PC games dead there.
And 1000$ or more for a great PC? I'm goooood.

300 bucks for a PS3/360 is good.

You can build a PC for like 400-? dollars that can run generic FPS games like Crysis, STALKER, and Black Ops on HIGH settings that actually isn't much of a difference from Medium settings.
LMAO! Laughing

http://ve3d.ign.com/images/fullsize/18462/PC/Crysis/Screenshots/DX10-Merged-Comparison

What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 12908410
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 am

I bought AVP also. . . . . . Waste of 50 euro. The three campaign's (Alien,Marine and Predator) were so underwhelming, although the MP was fun for a while, it was a change from your standard FP games. Until that is it took almost 20 mins to find someone that actually plays the game. @_@ It's a ghost town now.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:24 am

Pickles wrote:
Spoiler:

It was only $6.80. I'll play through the campaign and put some hours into the online. For less than $7, that's a STEAL.
Pickles wrote:
Spoiler:

http://ve3d.ign.com/images/fullsize/18462/PC/Crysis/Screenshots/DX10-Merged-Comparison

Bro, get your eyes checked. There is a CLEAR difference between the Medium settings and High. You'z gotz ta' be trollin'.
Stoney wrote:
I bought AVP also. . . . . . Waste of 50 euro. The three campaign's (Alien,Marine and Predator) were so underwhelming, although the MP was fun for a while, it was a change from your standard FP games. Until that is it took almost 20 mins to find someone that actually plays the game. @_@ It's a ghost town now.
I don't know how much 50 euros is in American funny money, but $6.80 for it iz da bomb. =D
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:35 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
The Odyssey came out in 1972.
Yeah, I might missphrased that. It was created in 1967.

My point still stands though alien

The Brown Box! cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:47 pm

Jamin wrote:
theassassins wrote:
How? Razz

Stoney wrote:
I bought AVP also. . . . . . Waste of 50 euro. The three campaign's (Alien,Marine and Predator) were so underwhelming, although the MP was fun for a while, it was a change from your standard FP games.

lol a change from standard fps games? It felt like a sci-fi version of The Darkness.
In the multiplayer you could play as human or darkling (like alien or predator) and darklings could run across walls, even upside down, just like in AVP. And that game's only like £3! XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:17 pm

I have steam now. I'm called Unleashthewolves
Razz
I'm playing Fellowship Of The Ring now. I can actually run Crysis on max settings, I just don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:25 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Razz
I'm playing Fellowship Of The Ring now. I can actually run Crysis on max settings, I just don't want to.

Your name on steam is Stevendemons92...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:54 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:
theassassins wrote:
How? Razz

Stoney wrote:
I bought AVP also. . . . . . Waste of 50 euro. The three campaign's (Alien,Marine and Predator) were so underwhelming, although the MP was fun for a while, it was a change from your standard FP games.

lol a change from standard fps games? It felt like a sci-fi version of The Darkness.
In the multiplayer you could play as human or darkling (like alien or predator) and darklings could run across walls, even upside down, just like in AVP. And that game's only like £3! XD

Yes a change.You could play as an Alien,Predator and Marine. 3 way team deathmatch. Compare that to CoD, MoH, Halo, Killzone, Battlefield. All the mentioned games are very similar.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:00 pm

[quote="DemonWolf"]
Jamin wrote:
theassassins wrote:
How? Razz/quote]

In the Library menu:

At the bottom, press the button that Says: Add game.

Then 'Add Non-Steam product'

You now get a list of installed programs and games on your computer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Razz

Your name on steam is Stevendemons92...

ah! Is that what it was? I forgot so made a new one.
Ah well, I'm sticking with Unleashthewolves

Stoney wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:
theassassins wrote:
How? Razz

Stoney wrote:

Yes a change.You could play as an Alien,Predator and Marine. 3 way team deathmatch. Compare that to CoD, MoH, Halo, Killzone, Battlefield. All the mentioned games are very similar.

Ah I misunderstood. I thought you meant sort of gameplay style, like the things you can play as.

[quote="Blixtstorm"]
DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:
theassassins wrote:
How? Razz/quote]

In the Library menu:

At the bottom, press the button that Says: Add game.

Then 'Add Non-Steam product'

You now get a list of installed programs and games on your computer.
Oh, I assumed that Jamin meant you could import your 360 library or something lol (not play, just have like your achievements tied to your steam account).
jocolor
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Spoiler:

It was only $6.80. I'll play through the campaign and put some hours into the online. For less than $7, that's a STEAL.
Pickles wrote:
Spoiler:

Bro, get your eyes checked. There is a CLEAR difference between the Medium settings and High. You'z gotz ta' be trollin'.
Stoney wrote:
I don't know how much 50 euros is in American funny money, but $6.80 for it iz da bomb. =D

It just looks darker.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
annayuu

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:39 pm

PC gaming are for enthusiasts while Console gaming are for gamers. I'm a PC gamer and what's so great about PC gaming is that whenever you spend your money to upgrade your system the more entertainment you get from it.

One more thing; on PC gaming, you spend a lot on first hand but when you upgrade the system, you'll only spend a little.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bingotime.co.uk
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:53 pm

annayuu wrote:
PC gaming are for enthusiasts while Console gaming are for gamers. I'm a PC gamer and what's so great about PC gaming is that whenever you spend your money to upgrade your system the more entertainment you get from it.

One more thing; on PC gaming, you spend a lot on first hand but when you upgrade the system, you'll only spend a little.

This...
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 pm

annayuu wrote:

That doesn't make any sense at all. confused
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:22 am

NightFang91 wrote:
annayuu wrote:

That doesn't make any sense at all. confused

wut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's so great about PC gaming?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4