This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker Empty
PostSubject: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:35 am

Something I absolutely hate in games is when there are hundreds of minutes worth of cutscenes and you're just dying to play the game.

Well it's announced that the total cutscene length on MGS Peace Walker for PSP is 162 minutes and 34 seconds
which while sounds a lot, is significantly less than MGS 4's 545 minutes

Quite a lot for a handheld game though but it shouldn't spoil the experience. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:51 am

Fail.. Im moving this topic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

Fail how? And why?
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Fail how? And why?

The PSP is a handheld. Therefore I moved it to the right part of the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Fail how? And why?

The PSP is a handheld. Therefore I moved it to the right part of the forum.

Oh yeah I just noticed the new forum categories.

Btw you know what's funny.... we have more psp posts here than ps3-nation lol
So I've joined there to contribute a bit to that part of the forum Wink
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:53 pm

MGS2 and MGS3 have long ass cut-scenes too. The cut-scene with Solidus at the end of MGS2 took years to end.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:57 am

Its still gonna be an awesome game. I have no complaints.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:10 am

I love cut-scenes. Well only the ones that use the in-game engine in real time. Hate CGI and FMV cutscenes though.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 10:05 am

MGS Lord of the Rings length cutscenes = Fail!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:52 pm

ghost23 wrote:
MGS Lord of the Rings length cutscenes = Fail!

Hahaha Lord of the rings length! That's so true XD
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:59 pm

When I first played MGS2, I thought the long cut scenes were pretty cool. It was like a game and movie in one. I had never seen something like that before. It's not as cool as it use to be, but you just expect it from Metal Gear.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Invincible wrote:
When I first played MGS2, I thought the long cut scenes were pretty cool. It was like a game and movie in one. I had never seen something like that before. It's not as cool as it use to be, but you just expect it from Metal Gear.

Yeah I guess so.. I still didn't like the cutscenes on mgs2 XD I always went to make myself a cup of tea when they started. But I never got far in the game. Probably because my tea was more interesting.....
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:03 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHH I CFW TILL PEACE WALKER IS RELEASED!!!!

I'm actually more excited about the advertising stuff in it, like the Assassins Creed stuff and Monster Hunter too lmao
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Yeah I guess so.. I still didn't like the cutscenes on mgs2 XD I always went to make myself a cup of tea when they started. But I never got far in the game. Probably because my tea was more interesting.....

I loved MGS2...it was one of the first PS2 games I ever played. But some parts did get annoying. I remember one scene in particular where you go through a 15 minute long cut scene, took control of Raiden again, walked down a hallway, and then there was ANOTHER 15 minute cut scene. It was like WTF??
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Invincible wrote:
that, if you don't watch the cut scenes, it's like 50% of the game taken away IMHO, to understand the simply massive backstory, there essential

I don't see why people hate them that much, after all, arn't games suppose to be delivering a cinematic experience?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Invincible wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:

I loved MGS2...it was one of the first PS2 games I ever played. But some parts did get annoying. I remember one scene in particular where you go through a 15 minute long cut scene, took control of Raiden again, walked down a hallway, and then there was ANOTHER 15 minute cut scene. It was like WTF??

Yeah well I never got into it...too linear for my liking. LOL just down a bloody hallway and you had to sit through another cutscene?! hahaha fail!! actually it reminds me of those hellish JRPG's >.< Wow.... the amount of convo> amount of gameplay.
Btw which mgs is it where Raiden's naked? lmao
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:25 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Yeah well I never got into it...too linear for my liking. LOL just down a bloody hallway and you had to sit through another cutscene?! hahaha fail!! actually it reminds me of those hellish JRPG's >.< Wow.... the amount of convo> amount of gameplay.

MGS 2.
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:52 am

Famitsu have given it 40/40

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/04/21/peace-walker-gets-perfect-score/

Quote :
Famitsu Magazine have given Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker a perfect score, confirming that this game isn’t just going to be popular for just its looks.

The review which is broken down as 10, 10, 10, 10 or 40/40, gives nothing but praise for the game with comments stating that the “single player is consistently thrilling and totally absorbing” and that “during co-op play, while the feeling of tension is reduced because you have friends with you on the mission, the game does manage to create a strong sense of togetherness.”

Other comments from the review say that,

* The story and cut scenes have a charm, making the game feel like an “evolved” Metal Gear Solid.
* The Mother Base portion of the game is deep, and it’s impossible to stop sending POWs over via balloon. The balloon system will make it so that you won’t want to kill enemies — which is the actual aim of the series.
* Some of the actions are missing, but the confusion clears once you get used to it.
* Controls during battle are complex, but you’ll get used to it.
* Menus are well designed and easy to use.

It is also mentioned that the play time is around 30-40 hours which seems very impressive for a PSP game.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is released in the UK and Europe on the 18th June.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:37 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:

MGS 2.

Oh right. That's one of the MGS games I own(ned...I don't know where I put it, I've not seen it in ages lol).
but never completed. Got bored... :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker   No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker Empty

Back to top Go down

No more cutscene hell MGS Peaec Walker
Page 1 of 1