This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 March 2010 NPD results

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 am

And the 360 continues to outsell the PS3.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20788487&postcount=1
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-03-23

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:58 am

hahahhaha even with ps3's goty being released that month it didn't win saleswise.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 am

360 outsold PS3 even when God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13 which is traditionally a Playstation title was released.
360 is really starting to show it's dominance.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-03-23

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:03 pm

ghost23 wrote:
360 outsold PS3 even when God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13 which is traditionally a Playstation title was released.
360 is really starting to show it's dominance.

QFT.

What's the equivalent for NPD for the rest of the world?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Optimus Lime wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
360 outsold PS3 even when God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13 which is traditionally a Playstation title was released.
360 is really starting to show it's dominance.

QFT.

What's the equivalent for NPD for the rest of the world?
GFK. But you have to pay money to get those numbers or wait for the quarterly reports from Sony and MS.


Last edited by Master_Chief on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:24 pm

ghost23 wrote:
360 outsold PS3 even when God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13 which is traditionally a Playstation title was released.
360 is really starting to show it's dominance.
QFT
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-03-23

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:58 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
360 outsold PS3 even when God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13 which is traditionally a Playstation title was released.
360 is really starting to show it's dominance.

QFT.

What's the equivalent for NPD for the rest of the world?
GFK. But you have to pay money to get those numbers or wait for the quarterly reports from Sony and MS.

Wow that's stupid... do websites who pay for the numbers release them to the public by any chance Razz?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:35 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
360 outsold PS3 even when God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13 which is traditionally a Playstation title was released.
360 is really starting to show it's dominance.

QFT.

What's the equivalent for NPD for the rest of the world?
GFK. But you have to pay money to get those numbers or wait for the quarterly reports from Sony and MS.

Wow that's stupid... do websites who pay for the numbers release them to the public by any chance Razz?
Websites dont pay for those numbers. Big Corporations do.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 am

ghost23 wrote:
360 outsold PS3 even when God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13 which is traditionally a Playstation title was released.
360 is really starting to show it's dominance.

Yup and even with all of it's flaws like overheating or rrod, people would still rather buy it over ps3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:48 pm

demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
360 outsold PS3 even when God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13 which is traditionally a Playstation title was released.
360 is really starting to show it's dominance.

Yup and even with all of it's flaws like overheating or rrod, people would still rather buy it over ps3.
Although with the Jasper chipsets those issues have been resolved for the most part.
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-02-25

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:57 pm

You guys do realise that the only reason why Xbox 360 is outselling PS3 is because of the lack shortages in the US right? PS3's are nowhere to be found. I actually checked to see if this was true by going to stores like Amazon and Best Buy, and not a single PS3 insight. It's been reported that the consumer demand for PS3 remains incredibly high. So clearly theirs still a lot of people that want a PS3. There's just isn't enough for everyone at this time. So Xbox 360 is going to continue to outsell the PS3 in the US for a few months until Sony ships enough units for everybody.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 32
Location : Canada

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:47 am

GOW 3 and FF13 brand loyalty did nothing to make ps3 outsell 360.

and this is before the price cuts to make way for the slim price cut lol

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:51 am

XboxKing wrote:
You guys do realise that the only reason why Xbox 360 is outselling PS3 is because of the lack shortages in the US right? PS3's are nowhere to be found. I actually checked to see if this was true by going to stores like Amazon and Best Buy, and not a single PS3 insight. It's been reported that the consumer demand for PS3 remains incredibly high. So clearly theirs still a lot of people that want a PS3. There's just isn't enough for everyone at this time. So Xbox 360 is going to continue to outsell the PS3 in the US for a few months until Sony ships enough units for everybody.

You actually beleive that?Wow,thats all I have to say........
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-02-25

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:21 pm

HellJumper wrote:
XboxKing wrote:
You guys do realise that the only reason why Xbox 360 is outselling PS3 is because of the lack shortages in the US right? PS3's are nowhere to be found. I actually checked to see if this was true by going to stores like Amazon and Best Buy, and not a single PS3 insight. It's been reported that the consumer demand for PS3 remains incredibly high. So clearly theirs still a lot of people that want a PS3. There's just isn't enough for everyone at this time. So Xbox 360 is going to continue to outsell the PS3 in the US for a few months until Sony ships enough units for everybody.

You actually beleive that?Wow,thats all I have to say........

Because it's true. I just said i checked a few stores to see if there were anymore PS3's left in stock. And there was none available. A few people in the forums said they couldn't find PS3's where they live aswell. Various reliable sites including IGN and vg247 repoted this issue. Even Sony themselves said that people have to wait a bit longer until they ship enough PS3's in the US. So why in the hell wouldn't i believe this? -_-
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 32
Location : Canada

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:17 am

^^^^
shortages ONLY happen in two cases:

1. When a console launches/its first year on sale.

2. When your the #1 console seller (the Wii this generation).

There is no reason why there would be PS3 shortages now. Sony surely saw a spike in PS3 sales when the slim came out so surely they should have planned to make more for the post holiday period.

Realistically? Looking past the corporate "official" report, I guess that Sony is trying to get the market a feeling that the PS3 is so sought after by giving them the illusion that s its always almost sold out. This mind set will help them once the 360 slim comes out followed by the price drop.

Or they simply are relying on superior Europe and Japan sales and thus arent giving NA as much attention with supply lines.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:19 pm

GoW3 Is currently the top-selling game that was released this year? I didn't realize that. But there are always two sides of the story. As for now, I'v had the same experience King, their sold out practically everywhere and are selling like hot cakes. The PS3 is nearly there. Alot closer then a few years ago. But when you think about it, until more good PS3 games come out, the PS3 won't get its sales up quickly and dramatically. But with Uncharted 3 in the works, Killzone 3 in the works, Resistance 3 in the works, and probably many others, I expect to see a huge spike in sales.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:41 am

!i wrote:
GoW3 Is currently the top-selling game that was released this year? I didn't realize that. But there are always two sides of the story. As for now, I'v had the same experience King, their sold out practically everywhere and are selling like hot cakes. The PS3 is nearly there. Alot closer then a few years ago. But when you think about it, until more good PS3 games come out, the PS3 won't get its sales up quickly and dramatically. But with Uncharted 3 in the works, Killzone 3 in the works, Resistance 3 in the works, and probably many others, I expect to see a huge spike in sales.

See the thing is, Uncharted 3 is really the only system seller out of the three you mentioned. While Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 may be good games, a lot of people don't consider them a system seller.
The 360 has two main system sellers, Gears of War and Halo and there's two confirmed games coming out of those franchises within the next year.
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-02-25

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:54 am

!i wrote:
GoW3 Is currently the top-selling game that was released this year? I didn't realize that. But there are always two sides of the story. As for now, I'v had the same experience King, their sold out practically everywhere and are selling like hot cakes. The PS3 is nearly there. Alot closer then a few years ago. But when you think about it, until more good PS3 games come out, the PS3 won't get its sales up quickly and dramatically. But with Uncharted 3 in the works, Killzone 3 in the works, Resistance 3 in the works, and probably many others, I expect to see a huge spike in sales.

You forgot about "Gran Turismo 5" the king of system-sellers. I heard that 33% of people who pre-ordered "Gran Turismo 5" don't even own a PS3 yet!
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 am

XboxKing wrote:
!i wrote:
GoW3 Is currently the top-selling game that was released this year? I didn't realize that. But there are always two sides of the story. As for now, I'v had the same experience King, their sold out practically everywhere and are selling like hot cakes. The PS3 is nearly there. Alot closer then a few years ago. But when you think about it, until more good PS3 games come out, the PS3 won't get its sales up quickly and dramatically. But with Uncharted 3 in the works, Killzone 3 in the works, Resistance 3 in the works, and probably many others, I expect to see a huge spike in sales.

You forgot about "Gran Turismo 5" the king of system-sellers. I heard that 33% of people who pre-ordered "Gran Turismo 5" don't even own a PS3 yet!

Sounds like a made up stat to me.
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-02-25

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 am

ghost23 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:
!i wrote:
GoW3 Is currently the top-selling game that was released this year? I didn't realize that. But there are always two sides of the story. As for now, I'v had the same experience King, their sold out practically everywhere and are selling like hot cakes. The PS3 is nearly there. Alot closer then a few years ago. But when you think about it, until more good PS3 games come out, the PS3 won't get its sales up quickly and dramatically. But with Uncharted 3 in the works, Killzone 3 in the works, Resistance 3 in the works, and probably many others, I expect to see a huge spike in sales.

You forgot about "Gran Turismo 5" the king of system-sellers. I heard that 33% of people who pre-ordered "Gran Turismo 5" don't even own a PS3 yet!

Sounds like a made up stat to me.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be a surprise even if it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 98
Join date : 2010-03-19

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:40 am

XboxKing wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:
!i wrote:
GoW3 Is currently the top-selling game that was released this year? I didn't realize that. But there are always two sides of the story. As for now, I'v had the same experience King, their sold out practically everywhere and are selling like hot cakes. The PS3 is nearly there. Alot closer then a few years ago. But when you think about it, until more good PS3 games come out, the PS3 won't get its sales up quickly and dramatically. But with Uncharted 3 in the works, Killzone 3 in the works, Resistance 3 in the works, and probably many others, I expect to see a huge spike in sales.

You forgot about "Gran Turismo 5" the king of system-sellers. I heard that 33% of people who pre-ordered "Gran Turismo 5" don't even own a PS3 yet!

Sounds like a made up stat to me.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be a surprise even if it wasn't.
http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27256316&page=0
Quote :
Data collected by marketing research agency OTX GamePlan, however, gives a peek into stats you know Sony is taking into careful consideration. According to their latest survey, 33% of people who plan on purchasing GT5 don't yet own a PlayStation 3 console to play it on. In other words, if GT5 sells anywhere close to GT4's 10.9 million copies, there will have to be several million consoles out the door along with it. For a system that sells around 10 million units per year, that would be a healthy increase. Without a solid release date for the game, though, those consoles could be sitting on the shelf for a while…
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:47 am

andes755 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:
!i wrote:
GoW3 Is currently the top-selling game that was released this year? I didn't realize that. But there are always two sides of the story. As for now, I'v had the same experience King, their sold out practically everywhere and are selling like hot cakes. The PS3 is nearly there. Alot closer then a few years ago. But when you think about it, until more good PS3 games come out, the PS3 won't get its sales up quickly and dramatically. But with Uncharted 3 in the works, Killzone 3 in the works, Resistance 3 in the works, and probably many others, I expect to see a huge spike in sales.

You forgot about "Gran Turismo 5" the king of system-sellers. I heard that 33% of people who pre-ordered "Gran Turismo 5" don't even own a PS3 yet!

Sounds like a made up stat to me.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be a surprise even if it wasn't.
http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27256316&page=0
Quote :
Data collected by marketing research agency OTX GamePlan, however, gives a peek into stats you know Sony is taking into careful consideration. According to their latest survey, 33% of people who plan on purchasing GT5 don't yet own a PlayStation 3 console to play it on. In other words, if GT5 sells anywhere close to GT4's 10.9 million copies, there will have to be several million consoles out the door along with it. For a system that sells around 10 million units per year, that would be a healthy increase. Without a solid release date for the game, though, those consoles could be sitting on the shelf for a while…

Oh yeh. A survey....
We all know that those always tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 98
Join date : 2010-03-19

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:58 am

the company looks pretty reputable
http://www.gameplaninsights.com/partners.html

from the site
Quote :
# 1,000 gamers and game buyers surveyed each week, including hardcore gamers, casual gamers, and everyone in between
1000 doesn't sound like a lot, but whatever number they choose isn't going to be since there are millions of gamers
time will tell I guess
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am

andes755 wrote:
the company looks pretty reputable
http://www.gameplaninsights.com/partners.html

from the site
Quote :
# 1,000 gamers and game buyers surveyed each week, including hardcore gamers, casual gamers, and everyone in between
1000 doesn't sound like a lot, but whatever number they choose isn't going to be since there are millions of gamers
time will tell I guess

Well I thought GameInformer was reputable until they put out that 54% bullshit. Anyway a sample space of 1000 isn't nearly close to enough to call it a statistic.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 pm

XboxKing wrote:
You guys do realise that the only reason why Xbox 360 is outselling PS3 is because of the lack shortages in the US right? PS3's are nowhere to be found. I actually checked to see if this was true by going to stores like Amazon and Best Buy, and not a single PS3 insight. It's been reported that the consumer demand for PS3 remains incredibly high. So clearly theirs still a lot of people that want a PS3. There's just isn't enough for everyone at this time. So Xbox 360 is going to continue to outsell the PS3 in the US for a few months until Sony ships enough units for everybody.

Amazon.com is stocked with PS3s and I've seen the 250gig model here and there. If you REALLY wanted a PS3 right now, you could get one. It's not like trying to find a Wii in 2007.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




March 2010 NPD results Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2010 NPD results   March 2010 NPD results Empty

Back to top Go down
 
March 2010 NPD results
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» March 26th Birthday Greetings!
» March 31st Birthday Greetings!!
» March 6th Birthday Greetings!!
» Sjeng c't 2010 32b running for the IPON
» What's your expect the winner in Bilbao Final Masters 2010

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Sales, Stats, and Predictions-
Jump to: