This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Video Games and Moral Choices

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

Video Games and Moral Choices Empty
PostSubject: Video Games and Moral Choices   Video Games and Moral Choices EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Games and Moral Choices   Video Games and Moral Choices EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

The video made complete sense. I too do not see why the developers do not do this. Thanks for the post. It really opened my eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video Games and Moral Choices   Video Games and Moral Choices EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Wow, and I thought I was the only person who thought "good" and "evil" shouldn't be labeled when you make decisions (well not the only one but you know what I mean).
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Video Games and Moral Choices   Video Games and Moral Choices EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:34 pm

This vid makes complete sense.Though I dont mind the system they have now.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Video Games and Moral Choices   Video Games and Moral Choices EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:47 pm

If only they added that kind of depth to morality in videogames.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Video Games and Moral Choices   Video Games and Moral Choices EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Wow I watched all the vid. It's very good and the guy made really great points. But I have to say, Fable II is really underrated when it comes to morality. While yeah, for the most part it's all good or evil choices, there is always some different result!

Eg: you have an affair, someone finds out and threatens to tell your wife. You can do what's right and let her know..therefore completely ruining your relationship or you can pay the guy to keep it secret.
And at the end of the game you can choose to either resurrect all your family members or all of the people who died in the process of the Spire's construction.

It's a really hard decision because right before you make that choice you have this weird dream in which you're with your sister who was killed at the beginning of the game and it really makes you wonder "wow, if she was still alive that would be so cool"
but then again you know that if you did something selfish like that and just completely ignore the hundreds of people who were ruthlessly murdered then you'd regret it.
I made a sacrifice and chose to have the innocent people brought back to life but it's not a bad decision because everyone in Albion loves you and there's a statue of you in the town. :')
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Games and Moral Choices   Video Games and Moral Choices Empty

Back to top Go down

Video Games and Moral Choices
Page 1 of 1