This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Video game books you read?

Go down 
+7
the RPG guy
Arbiteris
Pein
ghost23
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
ZeInFormer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Video game books you read? Empty
PostSubject: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:28 am

Tell you the truth, I love the Halo games/story, but I never cared about reading them. GASP! However, I plan on getting the ODST comic pretty soon since it does look interesting and I'll probably get Fall of Reach since I'm somewhat in the mood for reading more video game books(thanks for Halo Reach for inspiring me to read it-yes I know it's not based on it, but still). Don't get me wrong, I love Halo, but I wanted to stay out of the mainstream area at times. So far, I've read all of the Perfect Dark books and I enjoyed all of them and I think the author of the novels should be RARE's lead story writer for PD2. I'm also aware that the Gears game got novels too. I must check out the latest one since every Gears fan is saying it's the best one.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:59 am

The Fall of Reach is one of my favorite books and I do read plenty and only rarely read VG books. I heard the Mass Effect books are pretty damn good. I'll have to check those out sometime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:59 am

I don't read books about VG's Sad

Though I have read LOTR & Harry potter. Do they count? XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 am

demondragondude wrote:
I don't read books about VG's Sad

Though I have read LOTR & Harry potter. Do they count? XD

No they don't since they are games based on novels.

As for me, I haven't really read any of them but I would like to get into Halo and Mass Effect since I've heard a lot of great things about them.
Also that Alan Wake book that comes with the collectors editions looks decent.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:46 am

i read the gears of war comics..they are fun to read and the mass effect books look good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:19 am

Halo and currently that is it.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:32 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
The Fall of Reach is one of my favorite books and I do read plenty and only rarely read VG books. I heard the Mass Effect books are pretty damn good. I'll have to check those out sometime.

I have read the second Mass Effect novel and it is pretty damn good.And the sequel for the book is coming out this summer.

For me though,I have read all Halo novels,gears novels,I have read all Halo comics and graphic novels and I have read one Mass Effect novel
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:39 am

read the metroid manga. LOVED it!!!
i plan to stay far away from the halo books.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:54 am

the RPG guy wrote:

Well you're missing out becuase Halo: The Fall of Reach is a very good book. Not just a good video game book, it's a good book by any standards. It's right up there with the classic sci fi like Ender's Game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:18 am

the RPG guy wrote:

Ah yea,I remember reading the Metroid Megna.It was alright,it didnt even show Samus's years of Training.Unlike the Halo Novel :Fall Of Reach.Some of the magna was also cliche,but that is normal for magna or anime

You are missing out on the Halo novels,the author Eric Nylund is VERY good at writing the novels.Heck,each novel except for the last one were best seller's.

Halo:Fall of Reach is one of the best novels I have read.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 pm

the RPG guy wrote:
I only read the first in the series wish i lived to a closer library Sad
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:12 pm

HellJumper wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

Ah yea,I remember reading the Metroid Megna.It was alright,it didnt even show Samus's years of Training.Unlike the Halo Novel :Fall Of Reach.Some of the magna was also cliche,but that is normal for magna or anime

You are missing out on the Halo novels,the author Eric Nylund is VERY good at writing the novels.Heck,each novel except for the last one were best seller's.

Do you guys honestly think video game book are the best no offense but dont you read anything deeper?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 pm

I have not sadly, I plan on getting the Halo books and the Resistance book, because Resistance is my favorite story in any game.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

Do you guys honestly think video game book are the best no offense but dont you read anything deeper?
i read allot of ci-fi and fantasy but nothing more because im a nerd
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:54 am

the RPG guy wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

i read allot of ci-fi and fantasy but nothing more because im a nerd

Hell yeah dude! Nerd 4 life! lol
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

Can you actually read Fall of Reach?Please?It is written just as well as ANY other book.It also has a very good story.And I garentee you that anyone who reads it will agree with me.Eric Nylund is a very good author.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

Video game books aren't deep! GASP!

I've read a lot from Stephen King and that's pretty much it. I'm planning on buying the shit out of Fall Of Reach someday.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 am

Pickles wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

Video game books aren't deep! GASP!

I've read a lot from Stephen King and that's pretty much it. I'm planning on buying the shit out of Fall Of Reach someday.

We are talking about story,not the gameplay

A video game can have as deep of a story as any book.

Halo's story is very good.And the book's story is very good.It doesnt get very high praise and best seller for no reason...
Back to top Go down
undergrace

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:47 am

mass effect revelation and ascension were both well-written, action-packed, and true to the storyline. if you like ME universe, pick them up.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:50 pm

NONE, but I do read gaming mags and I just re-subscribed to OXM to keep me detailed informed for 2010 which is gonna get interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video game books you read?   Video game books you read? Empty

Back to top Go down

Video game books you read?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Movies/TV/Anime/Music/Books-
Jump to: