This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! Empty
PostSubject: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:55 pm

for some reason my laptop wont connect to the internet says the remote device or resource cant get connected
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Does anything else fail to connect or is it just your one laptop? Have you tried resetting your wireless router? Is it plugged in? If you have anything connected to it as LAN can they access the internet?

You need to do some trouble shooting before asking such an general question. If you have trouble shooted then you need to tell use what you've check so it can be eliminated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Check the if the cable is plugged in it happens to me countless time also try checking the wifi button on your laptop. And how did you post this if you cant get on the internet?
Back to top Go down
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Bluenose wrote:
Check the if the cable is plugged in it happens to me countless time also try checking the wifi button on your laptop. And how did you post this if you cant get on the internet?

family computer
Back to top Go down
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:18 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Does anything else fail to connect or is it just your one laptop? Have you tried resetting your wireless router? Is it plugged in? If you have anything connected to it as LAN can they access the internet?

You need to do some trouble shooting before asking such an general question. If you have trouble shooted then you need to tell use what you've check so it can be eliminated.

yes I have trouble shooted multiple times says says the website is not set up to accept connections on port "the worl wide web service" HTTP
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:44 pm

The best thing to do would probably be to call your broadband provider and have them hep you get it back up and running.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 am

I sometimes have this problem. Try these things and see if one of them works:
1.disconnect from network, wait for a few minutes then reconnect. If this doesn't work, try 2:
2.Restart your computer lol if this fails, go to 3:
3.Go to Control Panel, Network & Sharing Center and click Diagnose & Repair

If none of these work, do what GuiltySpark said. Call 'em up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:10 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
The best thing to do would probably be to call your broadband provider and have them hep you get it back up and running.

yea this wekend my dad is going to take it in somewhere
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Try downloading the software driver for the wireless adapter.
Back to top Go down
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:50 pm

its fixed now
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:51 am

IcyMeteor wrote:
its fixed now

What was the fix?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!   My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help! Empty

Back to top Go down

My laptop won't connect to the internet. Plz help!
Page 1 of 1