This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games

Go down 
+6
Arbiteris
daveMastaKill
the RPG guy
343_Guilty_Spark
santosj95
DemonWolf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games Empty
PostSubject: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:23 pm

I noticed how very few people mention or seem to appreciate how good Splinter Cell Conviction's graphics are and so this made me really want to start a topic in which we can post games which have underappreciated visuals on Xbox 360...or ps3 if you think there are any worth mentioning.

So here are a few I think have underrated visuals. Feel free to post yours!!

FABLE II
Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games Fable210
Ok yeah it's got a less realistic visual style but the texture detail's great and the environments are really beautiful and there are so many plants & trees & flowers and everything looks fantastic! Animation also contributes a lot to how good the game looks.

HALO 3
Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games Halo3_10
I know, I know. It's often bashed for it's pretty unimpressive visuals but the thing is, a lot of the best looking games seem to fail to uphold the level of visual quality on all the maps whereas Halo looks consistantly good and actually I was rather impressed the first time I played it. Plus, keep in mind the areas are pretty open and some character models look brilliant (except faces of humans).

TIMESHIFT
Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games Timesh10
Yep, Timeshift does actually have very good graphics. The weapon models admittedly look a little plasticy but the interiors & surfaces and everything looks really good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:31 pm

I'd like to mention Ninja Gaiden 2 with it's stylized "reality" look, in-game it looks great, always loved how Team Ninja's games are always so smooth, and some cutscenes look amazing.

Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games Ninja-gaiden-2-screenshot-blood-everywhere-big

Not the best image I could get, but enough to show the "smoothness" I'm talking about.

Oh, and I completely agree about Fable 2, the lighting is amazing and it has some of the best flora I've seen in any game.

Last edited by santosj95 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Remember Prey? That game had very slick graphics.

I agree with you on Halo 3. So many people seem to say it only looks "ok", but there are very few games that while playing I stop just to look around at the beautiful or amazing graphics, and Halo 3 & ODST are two of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:34 pm

halo 3 made me laugh, it and ODST have some of the worst anti-aliasing EVER. i wasnt a huge fan of the art style either

i thought timeshift had amazing graphics.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:37 pm

the RPG guy wrote:
halo 3 made me laugh, it and ODST have some of the worst anti-aliasing EVER. i wasnt a huge fan of the art style either

Halo 3 also has some amazing textures and lighting. It's true that it doesn't have that astoundingly great look, much due to the aliasing, but if you try to see past that, it's actually a good looking game.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:38 pm

the RPG guy wrote:

Aliasing doesn't make a game look bad. Halo 3 and ODST both have some of the most awe inspiring and epic graphics in any FPS. I often stop just to stare, like the burning ONI Building in ODST or as the Covenant ships fly in during the Highway level.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:51 pm

santosj95 wrote:
I'd like to mention Ninja Gaiden 2 with it's stylized "reality" look, in-game it looks great, always loved how Team Ninja's games are always so smooth, and some cutscenes look amazing.

Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games Ninja-gaiden-2-screenshot-blood-everywhere-big

Not the best image I could get, but enough to show the "smoothness" I'm talking about.

Oh, and I completely agree about Fable 2, the lighting is amazing and it has some of the best flora I've seen in any game.

Yeah I see what you mean!
Looks good Wink
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
the RPG guy wrote:

Aliasing doesn't make a game look bad. Halo 3 and ODST both have some of the most awe inspiring and epic graphics in any FPS. I often stop just to stare, like the burning ONI Building in ODST or as the Covenant ships fly in during the Highway level.

Yeah I agree. Of course Reach looks a billion times better and so do a lot of games but the thing is, the whole scope (I think that's the word I'm looking for) of the maps is amazing. It's breathtaking how large some of the maps are yet the graphics are great, you have many people driving/flying around in vehicles, bullets being shot all over the place, etc
And yeah the actual style and setting is just great.
I mean, it's mesmerising just to see pics like this
http://360.kombo.com/images/media/h3_049.jpg
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:02 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Remember Prey? That game had very slick graphics.

I agree with you on Halo 3. So many people seem to say it only looks "ok", but there are very few games that while playing I stop just to look around at the beautiful or amazing graphics, and Halo 3 & ODST are two of them.

Omg yeah. Well it wasn't the graphics that impressed me in Prey but actually the interaction. The way you can flick every switch, spin every stool, flush every chain, turn on any tap, etc

Really impressive stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Lost Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 pm

the RPG guy wrote:

Lol,I knew you were going to bash Halo,alot oft he time you do that.

I never even thought graphics would bother you,scince you love the wii and Halo has better graphics than any wii game.This isnt trying to start a debate,im just curious why you hated Halo's graphics

Ever look at the scenery in ODST?Like the flaming ONI building or the nice night sky or even the Covenant Cruiser's flying overhead(which had realistic sound effects)?Or even the sunset at the UNSC Momorial at the end of Halo 3?
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games Halo-3-odst-screenshot-big
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games   Underrated Graphics on Xbox 360 Games EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:47 pm