This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Australian Rules Football

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

Australian Rules Football Empty
PostSubject: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:14 am

I would like to introduce the XBOX 360 Republic to the sport of Australian Rules Football.

This is undoubtedly the most popular sport in Australia and with good reason. It's fast-paced, skillfull and a joy to watch.
It's played by 18 players per team on a oval pitch the size of a cricket field. The main objective is to well score. The scoring areas are indicated by 4 posts. The middle, larger posts indicate a goal which is worth 6 points and the two posts on the sides indicate a behind which is worth one point. But honestly this sports needs to be witnessed in order to appreciated. I honestly think it deserves more worldwide recognition.

Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 pm

It should be called Australian Rules Ruby. What do you call Football/Soccer? I've never understood why here in America we call American Football "Football" while the rest of the world calls Soccer "Football". We should have called American Football "Soccer" and called Soccer "Football".

Anyway, you're sport looks fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:09 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
It should be called Australian Rules Ruby. What do you call Football/Soccer? I've never understood why here in America we call American Football "Football" while the rest of the world calls Soccer "Football". We should have called American Football "Soccer" and called Soccer "Football".

Well we can't really call it Rugby since Rugby League and Rugby Union is also very popular in some states here. We call "The World Game" Soccer. In Australia, its called soccer because AFL was more popular than football about 150 years ago thats why AFL gets the name of Football here. Soccer has only started gaining popularity in the last 50 years with the large waves of immigration.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:43 pm

ghost23 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Well we can't really call it Rugby since Rugby League and Rugby Union is also very popular in some states here. We call "The World Game" Soccer. In Australia, its called soccer because AFL was more popular than football about 150 years ago thats why AFL gets the name of Football here. Soccer has only started gaining popularity in the last 50 years with the large waves of immigration.

Yeah that's just like in the US. But I still think that both our countries shouldn't have used a name that was already attached to another sport. But maybe footbol/soccer wasn't around back then, I don't really know the history of sports.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm

I'd say Football/Soccer is in and around that old also.
Back to top Go down
buddhapride69
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
buddhapride69

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:40 am

wtf ghost afl can lick my nuts nrl is the ruling sport do u by any chance live in melbourne
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buddhapride69
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:18 pm

buddhapride69 wrote:
wtf ghost afl can lick my nuts nrl is the ruling sport do u by any chance live in melbourne

Yes I do live in Melbourne. NRL can lick my nuts, the whole sport is in disrepute after the Storm incident. See at least in the AFL, the board has enough common sense not to try go over the salary cap and get 2 premierships stripped off them.
Back to top Go down
buddhapride69
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
buddhapride69

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:02 am

ghost23 wrote:
buddhapride69 wrote:

Yes I do live in Melbourne. NRL can lick my nuts, the whole sport is in disrepute after the Storm incident. See at least in the AFL, the board has enough common sense not to try go over the salary cap and get 2 premierships stripped off them.

typical melbourne is the only state that likes afl lol and fuck the storm there not my team
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buddhapride69
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:53 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I hate soccer therefore it would be an insult to call football soccer even if Im not a football fan. lol I hate soccer like the average American. No offense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:41 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I'm glad an American agrees that the term football suits the game of soccer better than American football!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian Rules Football   Australian Rules Football Empty

Back to top Go down

Australian Rules Football
Page 1 of 1