This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ Empty
PostSubject: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:02 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:13 am

kinda late man..but still nice to see that,i probably wont get it..
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:17 am

the japanese always rate there japanese games higher than they should.It wont get those scores when it hits the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:33 am

HellJumper wrote:
the japanese always rate there japanese games higher than they should.It wont get those scores when it hits the rest of the world.
well it's Metal Gear Solid, so it's very likely it will going by MGS4
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:13 pm

andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

MGS 4 didnt deserve that score either.A game with a confusing story to those you havntp layed the prequels and a game that has so many hour of cutscenes doesnt deserve a perfect score.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:39 pm

HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

MGS 4 didnt deserve that score either.A game with a confusing story to those you havntp layed the prequels and a game that has so many hour of cutscenes doesnt deserve a perfect score.

Im sure Halo 3 would be confusing also if people did'nt play 1 and 2. And I bet it does get those kinda scores when hits the west.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Im sure Halo 3 would be confusing also if people did'nt play 1 and 2. And I bet it does get those kinda scores when hits the west.

What scores?you mean scores like Halo 3 got or the perfect scores?

Nonetheless,halo 3's story wasnt perfect for that same reason.To get a 40/40 or a 10,the game needs to be perfect.And having to play the prequels to understand the plot isnt perfect
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:52 pm

HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Nonetheless,halo 3's story wasnt perfect for that same reason.To get a 40/40 or a 10,the game needs to be perfect.And having to play the prequels to understand the plot isnt perfect

Im sure when it gets reviewed in the "west" it will get 9's and 10's. Halo 3 got alot of praise and high scores. But should it not have got those high scores because its the 3rd in the series and newcomers probably would'nt understand the story. See its the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Im sure when it gets reviewed in the "west" it will get 9's and 10's. Halo 3 got alot of praise and high scores. But should it not have got those high scores because its the 3rd in the series and newcomers probably would'nt understand the story. See its the same thing.

I just said Halo 3's story flawed in that.So does MGS 4.a game isnt perfect if newcomers cant understand it's story.Plain and simple,i dont see why it is hard to understand
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:41 pm

It's Metal Gear Solid, that's basically the only reason.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:11 am

HellJumper wrote:

Very true. Final Fantasy 13 got like a 39/40 and then when it comes here, it gets a lot lower review scores.
Anyway, games that rely on extreme long cutscenes to tell it's story is bad. Games these days like ME2 or even Heavy Rain for arguments sake are finding new ways to tell story that do not include putting down the controller for an hour.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:46 pm

ghost23 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Very true. Final Fantasy 13 got like a 39/40 and then when it comes here, it gets a lot lower review scores.
Anyway, games that rely on extreme long cutscenes to tell it's story is bad. Games these days like ME2 or even Heavy Rain for arguments sake are finding new ways to tell story that do not include putting down the controller for an hour.

Yeah good point but I'm sure it will stay a AAA game. Even if it drops down to just 90 or 91.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:34 pm

demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Yeah good point but I'm sure it will stay a AAA game. Even if it drops down to just 90 or 91.

I'm sure MGS PW will be a quality game, all the MGS games are. But Japanese reviewers overrate big Japanese games like MGS and FF for one of two reasons. 1, Japanese style games appeal greatly to Japanese people, go figure right? 2. They take pride in the Japanese video game industry and therefor consciously or subconsciously rate big Japanese games higher than western games out of some kind of misguided sense of duty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

I'm sure MGS PW will be a quality game, all the MGS games are. But Japanese reviewers overrate big Japanese games like MGS and FF for one of two reasons. 1, Japanese style games appeal greatly to Japanese people, go figure right? 2. They take pride in the Japanese video game industry and therefor consciously or subconsciously rate big Japanese games higher than western games out of some kind of misguided sense of duty.

I think its the pride part if anything. MGS appeals alot more to the Western audience with its characters, plot and settings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Japan is full of xenophobia, and think they are the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:51 pm

HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Most of the people that gave it higher scores probably played the first. But perfect? No. No game deserves a perfect.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:26 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Most of the people that gave it higher scores probably played the first. But perfect? No. No game deserves a perfect.

Except Ocarina of Time. By 1998 standards, its actually quite flawless.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:37 am

Invincible wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Except Ocarina of Time. By 1998 standards, its actually quite flawless.
yeah I think I have to agree with you. I never once encountered a bug, I never lost interest (despite getting really lost and just everything about it was epic!
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:48 pm

I had to use a strategy guide a few times. I think it would take a jedi master to beat the water temple without any help.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 am

Invincible wrote:
I had to use a strategy guide a few times. I think it would take a jedi master to beat the water temple without any help.

Now that was a puzzle!!
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:20 am

HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
well its Metal Gear Solid, so it's very likely it will going by MGS4

MGS 4 didn't deserve that score either.A game with a confusing story to those you havntp layed the prequels and a game that has so many hour of cutscenes doesnt deserve a perfect score.

Im sure when it gets reviewed in the "west" it will get 9's and 10's. Halo 3 got a lot of praise and high scores. But should it not have got those high scores because its the 3rd in the series and newcomers probably would'nt understand the story. See its the same thing.

I just said Halo 3's story flawed in that.So does MGS 4.a game isnt perfect if newcomers cant understand it's story.Plain and simple,i dont see why it is hard to understand
well it's their fault 4 not playing the first games before 4 jumping to the game
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:56 am

joe11 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

MGS 4 didn't deserve that score either.A game with a confusing story to those you havntp layed the prequels and a game that has so many hour of cutscenes doesnt deserve a perfect score.

Im sure when it gets reviewed in the "west" it will get 9's and 10's. Halo 3 got a lot of praise and high scores. But should it not have got those high scores because its the 3rd in the series and newcomers probably would'nt understand the story. See its the same thing.

well it's their fault 4 not playing the first games before 4 jumping to the game

How the hell it is their fault. Developers should always assume that a large part of the audience will just be starting the game. Especially with a game like Metal Gear where the franchise spans over 10 years, you always have to cater for the audience that just starts on the 4th game. Splinter Cell Conviction did this perfectly, I have never played any of the previous Splinter Cell's, but after Conviction, I felt like I knew all the stories of the previous games and I was perfectly up to speed with the whole series.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:40 pm

ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

How the hell it is their fault. Developers should always assume that a large part of the audience will just be starting the game. Especially with a game like Metal Gear where the franchise spans over 10 years, you always have to cater for the audience that just starts on the 4th game. Splinter Cell Conviction did this perfectly, I have never played any of the previous Splinter Cell's, but after Conviction, I felt like I knew all the stories of the previous games and I was perfectly up to speed with the whole series.
well its common sense that u don't just jump in to a game without playing the previous because even if the games tells the story in the game their r some things u don't know and their will be confusing sceans
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:55 pm

joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
andes755 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

well its common sense that u don't just jump in to a game without playing the previous because even if the games tells the story in the game their r some things u don't know and their will be confusing sceans

Incorrect

Just look at Halo 2.you didnt need to play Halo 1 to get the story.Halo 2 tells right in the beggining that installation 4 was destroyed by Masterchief.That is what the player needed to know.if they just showed Masterchief and johnson getting medals,the player would be like "WTH?".

Though Halo's story aint complex like MGS's.The more complex the story is the more the dev should be trying to show or tell what happened in the previous titles.

Neither me or ghost said that the player needs all the details of the previous games story.

It isnt the buyers fault for not buying the previous games,it is something developers are sopposed to take in consideration.It doesnt matter how you twist the words
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........   FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........ Empty

Back to top Go down

FAMITSU GIVE A PERFECT RATING (40/40) TO........
Page 1 of 1