This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:11 pm

The Xbox brand has come a long way since last gen.
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m4d22-Microsoft-40-Million-Xbox-360-units-sold

Quote :
Microsoft has released their fiscal data for the year and in this report they revealed that the Xbox 360 has sold over 40 million units worldwide since the consoles launch in 2005. In 2005 they sold a reported 5 million units and things have taken-off since then. With each seeing an increase over the last, Microsoft has managed to move a lot of units and looks to keeps things moving. The next milestone for the system will be 50 million and it looks like it'll reach that without much concern. Below, you'll find a year by year breakdown of the system sales.

Microsoft's Fiscal Year 2005-06

360 - 5.0 Million Units

Microsoft's Fiscal Year 2006-07

360 - 11.6 Million Units

Microsoft's Fiscal Year 2007-08

360 - 20.3

Microsoft's Fiscal Year 2008-09

360 - 31.4

Microsoft's Fiscal Year 2009-10

360 - 40.2
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Very nice. Expecting this number to be propelled forward greatly this fall with Natal and Reach.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:30 pm

lol look at the comments below,last place fanboys are mad and jealous.
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

Posts : 164
Join date : 2010-02-26

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
lol look at the comments below,last place fanboys are mad and jealous.
lmao, sony fanboys make my day. I love how 360 owners know how to own ps3rd fanboys. I'm guessing they use the MLD template Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Awesome!
I expect there will be 50million sold by 2011
Razz

Then it will be on par with psp lmao, not the greatest achievement ever but still very good compared to Original Xbox and of course...ps3 lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 pm

How many do you expect to ship by the time this gen is nearing the end?

Very nice numbers btw.
Back to top Go down
nalin41
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 64
Join date : 2010-03-21

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:09 pm

impressive
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:23 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Very nice. Expecting this number to be propelled forward greatly this fall with Natal and Reach.

Don't forget about the Xbox 360 Slim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:21 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Very nice. Expecting this number to be propelled forward greatly this fall with Natal and Reach.

Don't forget about the Xbox 360 Slim.

I don't think the slim will happen. It doesn't need to happen either,only a price cut will happen.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Nice. With the 360 Microsoft is actually gaining more market share than they did with the original Xbox.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Very nice. Expecting this number to be propelled forward greatly this fall with Natal and Reach.

Don't forget about the Xbox 360 Slim.

I don't think the slim will happen. It doesn't need to happen either,only a price cut will happen.
well to the contrary microsoft could reinspire the confidence people lost from rrod
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:32 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Very nice. Expecting this number to be propelled forward greatly this fall with Natal and Reach.

Don't forget about the Xbox 360 Slim.

I don't think the slim will happen. It doesn't need to happen either,only a price cut will happen.
well to the contrary microsoft could reinspire the confidence people lost from rrod

Yea i am saying it won't because it's not needed. Also because Microsoft is not a hardware company. It really is not needed,i dont see why people think that or need to do the same as another company. A price cut is just as good. Just continue to improve the chips in the current xbox which is what i think will happen.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-02-11
Location : New York!

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:08 pm

There has been a trend that Microsoft usually keeps alot more up to date in there sales status unlike Ninty and Sony
Probably wants to assure the consumer that we have more sales the the ps3.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Bluenose wrote:
There has been a trend that Microsoft usually keeps alot more up to date in there sales status unlike Ninty and Sony
Probably wants to assure the consumer that we have more sales the the ps3.
I am also wondering if MS knows that the Republic exists. >.>

lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Guest
Guest



MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:27 pm

I am going to be investing in some MS stocks here soon. Cant hurt to make some $$$ but with Natal and Reach coming out MS is gonna have a big boost in sales
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I am going to be investing in some MS stocks here soon. Cant hurt to make some $$$ but with Natal and Reach coming out MS is gonna have a big boost in sales

Natal can go either way,it's basically a risk move so i don't see why people are thinking it will automatically make a boost. We have to see. Also why are people putting Reach there as well? Reach won't move consoles since the Halo base is already installed for the xbox 360. Same with Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:44 pm

If Natal works as well as the E3 video demonstrated, I think it will be successful.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I am going to be investing in some MS stocks here soon. Cant hurt to make some $$$ but with Natal and Reach coming out MS is gonna have a big boost in sales

Natal can go either way,it's basically a risk move so i don't see why people are thinking it will automatically make a boost. We have to see. Also why are people putting Reach there as well? Reach won't move consoles since the Halo base is already installed for the xbox 360. Same with Gears 3.

True, but knowing Halo it will boost MS sales. I mean look at ODST. It was barely half of a game and it got MS a big boost in money.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 pm

Invincible wrote:
If Natal works as well as the E3 video demonstrated, I think it will be successful.

True, if it works good and has a good amount of games on launch I will probably pick it up. But after I get Move, I am actually interested in a few Move games, and 100 for a starting package price with the Eye, Move, and game? That is a very good price.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:29 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I am going to be investing in some MS stocks here soon. Cant hurt to make some $$$ but with Natal and Reach coming out MS is gonna have a big boost in sales

Natal can go either way,it's basically a risk move so i don't see why people are thinking it will automatically make a boost. We have to see. Also why are people putting Reach there as well? Reach won't move consoles since the Halo base is already installed for the xbox 360. Same with Gears 3.

True, but knowing Halo it will boost MS sales. I mean look at ODST. It was barely half of a game and it got MS a big boost in money.

No i mean moving hardware,i know the software itself will sell.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I am going to be investing in some MS stocks here soon. Cant hurt to make some $$$ but with Natal and Reach coming out MS is gonna have a big boost in sales

Natal can go either way,it's basically a risk move so i don't see why people are thinking it will automatically make a boost. We have to see. Also why are people putting Reach there as well? Reach won't move consoles since the Halo base is already installed for the xbox 360. Same with Gears 3.

True, but knowing Halo it will boost MS sales. I mean look at ODST. It was barely half of a game and it got MS a big boost in money.

No i mean moving hardware,i know the software itself will sell.
dont count gears and halo out yet they might just turn some ps3 gamers.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I am going to be investing in some MS stocks here soon. Cant hurt to make some $$$ but with Natal and Reach coming out MS is gonna have a big boost in sales

Natal can go either way,it's basically a risk move so i don't see why people are thinking it will automatically make a boost. We have to see. Also why are people putting Reach there as well? Reach won't move consoles since the Halo base is already installed for the xbox 360. Same with Gears 3.

True, but knowing Halo it will boost MS sales. I mean look at ODST. It was barely half of a game and it got MS a big boost in money.

No i mean moving hardware,i know the software itself will sell.
When Halo 3 released 360 hardware sales also spiked.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 3:13 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Very nice. Expecting this number to be propelled forward greatly this fall with Natal and Reach.

Don't forget about the Xbox 360 Slim.

Well that really depends on which direction Microsoft wants to choose for the next few years for XBOX. If they feel that XBOX 360 can still keep going (which is it still going strong), they will release a slim, but if they think its time for a newer system then slim wont happen.
Just judging by what is happening now, I would say that the Slim is very likely because this article proves that the XBOX 360 is still going strong when so many people predicted it to start going downhill a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 am

ghost23 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Very nice. Expecting this number to be propelled forward greatly this fall with Natal and Reach.

Don't forget about the Xbox 360 Slim.

Well that really depends on which direction Microsoft wants to choose for the next few years for XBOX. If they feel that XBOX 360 can still keep going (which is it still going strong), they will release a slim, but if they think its time for a newer system then slim wont happen.
Just judging by what is happening now, I would say that the Slim is very likely because this article proves that the XBOX 360 is still going strong when so many people predicted it to start going downhill a long time ago.

That an the motherboard leaked for the redesigned Xbox 360. The Slim is coming, but MS wants to sell the fats now so they are keeping quite about it. MS is planing a huge holiday this year and has been saying since E3 last year that they are going to treat Natal like a new system launch. A Slim packed with Natal would feel like a new console launch for sure.

With a Slim and Halo: Reach and the size of marketing that MS is known for the 360 is going to be unstoppable this holiday season and maybe even all the way until the next generation.

I can't wait. It's an exciting time to be a gamer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:30 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Very nice. Expecting this number to be propelled forward greatly this fall with Natal and Reach.

Don't forget about the Xbox 360 Slim.

Well that really depends on which direction Microsoft wants to choose for the next few years for XBOX. If they feel that XBOX 360 can still keep going (which is it still going strong), they will release a slim, but if they think its time for a newer system then slim wont happen.
Just judging by what is happening now, I would say that the Slim is very likely because this article proves that the XBOX 360 is still going strong when so many people predicted it to start going downhill a long time ago.

That an the motherboard leaked for the redesigned Xbox 360. The Slim is coming, but MS wants to sell the fats now so they are keeping quite about it. MS is planing a huge holiday this year and has been saying since E3 last year that they are going to treat Natal like a new system launch. A Slim packed with Natal would feel like a new console launch for sure.

With a Slim and Halo: Reach and the size of marketing that MS is known for the 360 is going to be unstoppable this holiday season and maybe even all the way until the next generation.

I can't wait. It's an exciting time to be a gamer.

Very true. And don't forget after the holiday season, Microsoft will begin the Gears of War 3 push and that will also be a massive launch for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold   MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold Empty

Back to top Go down
 
MS reports 40.2 million 360s sold
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Hot Toys, 1/6th scale batmobile tumbler.
» Hasbro "Mega" Toy sale, Homebush
» MARVEL LEGENDS ARES WAVE IN AUSTRALIA
» On Sale-MT forum with .com domain[Romanian forum]
» Please help my son - Pokemon cards needed!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Sales, Stats, and Predictions-
Jump to: