This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does PC games work on mac?

Go down 
+2
ghost23
Mr. Project Natal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

Does PC games work on mac? Empty
PostSubject: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:30 am

I noticed the macs are just iMacs and Windows are called PC's. So does PC games work on macs? Or are they the same thing?

If just Windows played PC games, then technically it counts for Xbox 360 because they are both from Microsoft! Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:51 am

Some PC games will get ported to Mac but the majority of them are only playable on Windows PC's. Thats why we always say to PS3 fanboys that if they buy PC/360 games, they are still supporting Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 am

When you say PC it means non-Apple hardware able to run any operating system other than Apple's OS, for example Windows, Linux, BSD, etc.

It gets tricky when you start getting technical becuase most new Macs can dual boot Windows XP and later.

But, when talking about gaming PC means a computer running Windows and Mac means any Apple computer, usually running the latest version of OSX.

Games made for Windows can't run on a Mac or Mac games on PC. Games get ported from Windows to Mac sometimes but very few good games are ever released on Mac first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:42 am

Well you can run Windows on a Mac using bootcamp... Other then that... there is only a handful of games you can play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:33 am

Evantually Steam will go to mac (in the summer i think) which means that Valve games will probably be playable on Mac as well, and soon others will follow. But as for now, no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:49 am

Depends on the Mac, the newer Macs use intel chips which are also used by PCs, but older Macs (I would say, before 2005) use PowerPC chips, so you can't with an old Mac without some sort of emulation program.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:09 am

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Depends on the Mac, the newer Macs use intel chips which are also used by PCs, but older Macs (I would say, before 2005) use PowerPC chips, so you can't with an old Mac without some sort of emulation program.

You can't run a Windows game on Mac even if it has an Intel CPU. It's the operating system you need. You can install Windows on a Mac, but why would you pay twice as much for a Mac and install windows on it when you can get a much more powerful computer designed for Windows or save even more money and build your own PC.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:20 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

You can't run a Windows game on Mac even if it has an Intel CPU. It's the operating system you need. You can install Windows on a Mac, but why would you pay twice as much for a Mac and install windows on it when you can get a much more powerful computer designed for Windows or save even more money and build your own PC.

Exactly. That's why I hate Apple so much. They build a large fanboy base back in the day with good products such as the iPod and then start releasing rubbish like iPad and Mac at extremely high prices with the knowledge that stupid people will buy them. There is literally no benefit in buying a much more expensive Mac. Rumors of Mac's being "faster" are completely false and only people who don't know how to customise a PC believe its "faster".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:43 am

ghost23 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

Exactly. That's why I hate Apple so much. They build a large fanboy base back in the day with good products such as the iPod and then start releasing rubbish like iPad and Mac at extremely high prices with the knowledge that stupid people will buy them. There is literally no benefit in buying a much more expensive Mac. Rumors of Mac's being "faster" are completely false and only people who don't know how to customise a PC believe its "faster".

@Guilty Spark: Exactly

@Ghost: I have a PowerPC mac that is old in my room, and I have this old PC that I use for this forum and for regular browsing. Both the computers have 512MB of RAM and yet the Mac is still slower, by a noticeable amount, on the other hand my PC is very fast.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:19 am

ghost23 wrote:
Some PC games will get ported to Mac but the majority of them are only playable on Windows PC's. Thats why we always say to PS3 fanboys that if they buy PC/360 games, they are still supporting Microsoft.

QFT. PS3 fanboys run to the PC argument cause their games suck ass.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:15 pm

Steam now works on MAC.

So Mac-gam....bwahhahahah!!!! is going up... lol
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Steam now works on MAC.

So Mac-gam....bwahhahahah!!!! is going up... lol

Not the entire Steam catalog. Only games that can be porter have been or will be. PC gaming will always shit on Mac.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:34 am

If you act before the 24th of May, you can Portal for free on Steam.. On either platform.

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does PC games work on mac?   Does PC games work on mac? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does PC games work on mac?
Page 1 of 1