This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

bungie signs with activision

Go down 
+23
Spartan v07
Stoney
Arbiteris
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Xmarksthespot
Madtoker
gigabite07
popjack88
DarkSwarm85
Stigma
joe11
Lt Xplosi
im-360...xbox360
ghost23
arnt god of war
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
Bluenose
gamer4life
andes755
Blixtstorm
lightlamp
buddhapride69
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

bungie signs with activision - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
joe11 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Like Zephy said, all Activision got were the leftovers, All the important people are with 343 industries. Bungie owes it's success to Microsoft, and now Bungie has been split, they'll never make another game as good as Halo.
u never no they could make a halo killer because who better than bungie to do it themselfs

Leftovers, Bungie lost like 1/3 of it's staff, and those aren't exactly replaceable people, in the mean time, 343 industries could make another Halo game that itself could topple Halo Reach in the future.

I seriously doubt Reach will be as good as CE,2 and 3. No master chief and the multiplayer doesn't see as good the the others,you cant jump high and a few other changes.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:09 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Like Zephy said, all Activision got were the leftovers, All the important people are with 343 industries. Bungie owes it's success to Microsoft, and now Bungie has been split, they'll never make another game as good as Halo.

what you mean?no one left bungie.if you mean frank that left in 2007 he's only 1 person and maybe a few others.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:11 pm

btw i am tremendously mad and sad at this. I don't even care much about the 1 ip for that pos publisher activision but because bungie said they won't ever make a Halo game. That hurts a lot as a big halo/bungie fan. I don't want 343 to do it,i dont trust them,i trust bungie. the original is always the best,just see other franchises that got ruined because of the new developer. Call me in denial but i still have a feeling Bungie will make the next mast chief Halo game next gen.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
btw i am tremendously mad and sad at this. I don't even care much about the 1 ip for that pos publisher activision but because bungie said they won't ever make a Halo game. That hurts a lot as a big halo/bungie fan. I don't want 343 to do it,i dont trust them,i trust bungie. the original is always the best,just see other franchises that got ruined because of the new developer. Call me in denial but i still have a feeling Bungie will make the next mast chief Halo game next gen.

343 Industries is composed of ex-Bungie staff, like 1/3 of it. Important people. How can they not make a new Halo game?
Back to top Go down
gigabite07
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
gigabite07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:18 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
stalker,it aint hypocritcal.People here are saying its a stupid DECISION,not the devs themselves
I’m not disputing the fact that people will be pissed off about it pal, my comment was aimed at the people who made statements like: Bungie’s dead, I’ll never buy a Bungie game if it’s published by Activision, Bungie doesn’t exist anymore, Bungie can kiss my ass.

There just is no need for comments like that considering what they have done for the console which we all obviously support on this forum. It makes those people sound like they only liked Bungie because they were exclusive to us and not because of the great games they produced.
il stick to that kiss my ass statment tyvm
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:29 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

343 Industries is composed of ex-Bungie staff, like 1/3 of it. Important people. How can they not make a new Halo game?

The important people aren't there,jason and joe staten are at bungie. Also Marty is very very important.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

The important people aren't there,jason and joe staten are at bungie. Also Marty is very very important.

Yes, but there are still many key members with 343 industries. People that aren't replaceable, however the majority of Bungie's current staff can be replaced. 343 industries has the capability to make a Halo game just as good as Bungie if not better.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 pm

i like how alot of people are hating on bungie and halo reach now that they are working with actvision.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:00 pm

gamer4life wrote:
i like how alot of people are hating on bungie and halo reach now that they are working with actvision.

Well of course. Bungie is Halo, Microsoft and Bungie were fucking epic. But now greed has consumed Bungie and they have signed up with the world's greediest publisher.

Bungie says that their previous publisher (Microsoft Game Studios) wouldn't leave give them enough space and let them work on their games the way they want and they also gave them a deadline. So they leave them...and go for Activision? It doesn't make any sense. It's greed.

And it's not fanboyism, but Halo was what kept the xbox alive, and now that it's original developer has left to go multiplat, it feels like a stab in the back. I guaranteed you a shit storm would occur if Naughty Dog went multiplat.

Their decision has pretty much tarnished their respect among many 360 gamers.

What if you had a girlfriend, and she decided that she would share her body with other guys? Would you be happy? No (I know that's a heavy exaggeration but i'm trying to get a point across)
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:00 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

Yes, but there are still many key members with 343 industries. People that aren't replaceable, however the majority of Bungie's current staff can be replaced. 343 industries has the capability to make a Halo game just as good as Bungie if not better.

We'll see how things unfold. Only thing we can do is wait and see till the game is announced and who makes it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

Well of course. Bungie is Halo, Microsoft and Bungie were fucking epic. But now greed has consumed Bungie and they have signed up with the world's greediest publisher.

Bungie says that their previous publisher (Microsoft Game Studios) wouldn't leave give them enough space and let them work on their games the way they want and they also gave them a deadline. So they leave them...and go for Activision? It doesn't make any sense. It's greed.

And it's not fanboyism, but Halo was what kept the xbox alive, and now that it's original developer has left to go multiplat, it feels like a stab in the back. I guaranteed you a shit storm would occur if Naughty Dog went multiplat.

What if you had a girlfriend, and she decided that she would share her body with other guys? Would you be happy? No (I know that's a heavy exaggeration but i'm trying to get a point across)

And lets not forget that if it wasn't for Microsoft then Bungie would still have just been that "another Macintosh developer"
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:44 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

And lets not forget that if it wasn't for Microsoft then Bungie would still have just been that "another Macintosh developer"

Bungie is in denial,they think their new ip will sell like halo. i bet it won't even sell half of halo and i am counting both[3?] versions of their game.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 pm

5 years later, Bungie will make "THE BEST GAME EVAR". Activision wil get most or all of the money and then Bungie will be no more.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
5 years later, Bungie will make "THE BEST GAME EVAR". Activision wil get most or all of the money and then Bungie will be no more.

No ,this isn't as bad as people think it is. Activision can only publish this new ip,it's only 1 new ip too and whatever sequels it gets. They also do not own the ip,bungie does. This is the equivalent of Epic games. Epic games made gears of war which is a xbox exclusive franchise. Then in 2007 they made unreal tournament which was multiplat,published by midway. This is the same situation here which is why i think there is still a chance for bungie to make another Halo game.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:07 pm

thats what i have been saying wait ti see whats coming from bungie. all bungie gave us this gen and last gen was ONI and halo. we dont even know if bungie makes a game other than halo if it will be any good. also this is an industry. its all about money. just because someone makes a great game doesnt mean shit. its all about making money.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:53 pm

gamer4life wrote:
thats what i have been saying wait ti see whats coming from bungie. all bungie gave us this gen and last gen was ONI and halo. we dont even know if bungie makes a game other than halo if it will be any good. also this is an industry. its all about money. just because someone makes a great game doesnt mean shit. its all about making money.

yea and that makes no sense since Microsoft can give them all the money they need.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:56 pm

gamer4life wrote:

That's what I mean, you think Bungie NEEDS money? Hell no, it's not money anymore, it's greed.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:01 am

BlackStigma wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

That's what I mean, you think Bungie NEEDS money? Hell no, it's not money anymore, it's greed.

what you mean by greed?
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:52 am

BlackStigma wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

how that greed bungie just didn't want to make halo games any more whats so wrong and if halo ever died their is still fable, forza, gears, and mass effect. Halo isn't the only great game the 360 has to offer
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:45 am

exactly. halo is great dont get me wrong, but since bungie did this i can see them wanting to make something else. be know for something else other than halo. but again only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:31 am

joe11 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

how that greed bungie just didn't want to make halo games any more whats so wrong and if halo ever died their is still fable, forza, gears, and mass effect. Halo isn't the only great game the 360 has to offer

It's not the fact that Bungie isn't making Halo games anymore, I've accepted that fact and moved on. The problem is that they are choosing the worst possible publisher to publish their games. A publisher that has said that "We want to take the fun out of making games". In other words, they want to make developer's lives miserable in order to push out a product that can rake in cash. This never words, Guitar Hero is dead, CoD is dying fast. And it doesn't matter if Bungie is still independent, Activision will find ways to squeeze every last cent out of their products until it burns to the ground, its what they are good at.
That is why you can argue that Bungie has been consumed by greed. Cause they signed on with a publisher who's number one goal is to screw the consumers and make shitloads of cash instead of going to EA where they are making quality games on a good development cycle.
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:07 am

how did Activision "ruin" Guitar Hero and cause it to become "dead", I only own GH 2&3 for the PS2, i'm just curious?..
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:48 am

andes755 wrote:
how did Activision "ruin" Guitar Hero and cause it to become "dead", I only own GH 2&3 for the PS2, i'm just curious?..

Over saturation of the market

Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
Band Hero
DJ Hero
Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits

All those Hero games in 2009. It puts consumer's in a position where they don't want to buy the game anymore because there's the likely chance that there will be a newer updated version within a few months.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:15 pm

ghost23 wrote:
andes755 wrote:

Over saturation of the market

Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
Band Hero
DJ Hero
Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits

All those Hero games in 2009. It puts consumer's in a position where they don't want to buy the game anymore because there's the likely chance that there will be a newer updated version within a few months.
The last great Guitar Hero game was GH3. I miss Harmonix on GH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:21 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

yea and that makes no sense since Microsoft can give them all the money they need.

"The Benevolent Dictator" was not someone they really liked following.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   bungie signs with activision - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

bungie signs with activision
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: