This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What does EA and Remedy have in common?

Go down 
+2
joe11
Stoney
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

What does EA and Remedy have in common? Empty
PostSubject: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:30 pm

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/remedy-project-next-gen-title/1087103p1.html

If you buy Alan Wake new, you get a code for free content. Just like Battlefield Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins.

Microsoft is taking a page from Electronic Arts' playbook for its upcoming psychological action thriller, Alan Wake. The company announced today all new copies of the game include a key to download the first Alan Wake add-on at no extra cost.

EA's effort to encourage gamers to buy new instead of used, Project $10, offers free unlockable and DLC content to those who buy copies of Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The content is accessible through a one-time use code, and those who buy the game used have to pay $15 to get the additional goodies.

EA has heralded the strategy as a success, and one gamer has already filed a lawsuit against used-game king GameStop over Project $10. And now it appears other publishers are going to give the DLC-carrot-dangling strategy a try.

Microsoft did not provide additional details on what the first Alan Wake add-on will be, only stating it will be available "later this year." From Microsoft:

For Alan Wake fans looking forward to spending some extra quality time in Bright Falls, they can extend their stay in the eerie small town set in the Pacific Northwest. Included with every new purchase of the standard or limited collector's editions of Alan Wake, fans will score a token code card to download the title's first Game Add-on at no cost only on Xbox Live when it becomes available later this year.
Alan Wake is set to launch on the Xbox 360 on May 18.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 pm

nice topic
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Free DLC is always good.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:32 pm

joe11 wrote:
nice topic

LOL Fuck you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:40 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
joe11 wrote:
nice topic

LOL Fuck you. Very Happy

Excuse my curiosity but...what?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:46 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
joe11 wrote:
nice topic

LOL Fuck you. Very Happy

The last few posts I made he replyed in a smart-ass kinda way. Well what I'd consider a smart ass.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:54 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
joe11 wrote:
nice topic

LOL Fuck you. Very Happy

The last few posts I made he replyed in a smart-ass kinda way. Well what I'd consider a smart ass.
how what i said ?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:24 am

joe this is exactly the reason you were temp banned, you make useless posts which have no merit to the topic on hand. This is like the 5th time someone has had to tell you.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:48 pm

If you buy the game new you should get the first map pack for free.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:54 am

i personally dont like this since i like to buy my games used for cheaper. same with Skate 3 luckily i bought it new, you cant even access online features without it being new
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:00 am

Wait, EA has their stupid $10 thing in effect already?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does EA and Remedy have in common?   What does EA and Remedy have in common? Empty

Back to top Go down

What does EA and Remedy have in common?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: