This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?

Go down 

Bungie or Halo?
Bungie
Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Vote_lcap41%Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
Halo
Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Vote_lcap59%Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17
 

AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:44 pm

There is nothing wrong with being one or the other. Though I sometimes wonder if I am the only Bungie fan here, now most of you might say "Wait, but I love Bungie, they made Halo." Well that is just it, if all you know is Halo then you are not a Bungie fan, not to be mean, but you probably understand why.

Though if you say Bunige please explain why you do.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Halo is the only Bungie game that I've played so I'm more of a Halo fan.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 pm

Like I am a fan of Gears of War but not Epic Games, I feel the same way about Bungie.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:03 am

This question doesn't really make sense because if you like the franchise it's because of the creator.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:11 am

Most people have only played Halo becuase all their previous games were either old Mac or slightly less old PC games. Oni was barely a Bungie game, but even it was obscure.

You can be both a Bungie fan and a Halo fan even if all you've played is their Halo games. In fact being a Halo fan makes you a Bungie fan becuase Bungie made Halo.

However in the coming years as Halo and Bungie divide some will continue to be Halo fans and others will continue to be Bungie fans. Some will be both and others will only be fans of one or the other. It all depends on the games they make for Activision and if 343 Industries can keep the Halo train rolling full speed ahead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:16 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Most people have only played Halo becuase all their previous games were either old Mac or slightly less old PC games. Oni was barely a Bungie game, but even it was obscure.

You can be both a Bungie fan and a Halo fan even if all you've played is their Halo games. In fact being a Halo fan makes you a Bungie fan becuase Bungie made Halo.

However in the coming years as Halo and Bungie divide some will continue to be Halo fans and others will continue to be Bungie fans. Some will be both and others will only be fans of one or the other. It all depends on the games they make for Activision and if 343 Industries can keep the Halo train rolling full speed ahead.

They are only making one ip published by activision and of course if it has any sequels. By the time they finish this ip they can choose to make the next Halo. Look at Epic games,after they made gears of war they went to do unreal for multiple platforms and then returned to gears after it.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 26
Location : ny

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:29 am

i say halo fan
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 28
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:27 am

Only ever played Halo games so I don't know lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Guest
Guest



Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:39 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
This question doesn't really make sense because if you like the franchise it's because of the creator.

Not really, you can like a franchise without/before liking the creator. Also if you were to like it becuase of the creator that would insist that you either played one of their previous series or know some Bungie Lore, not just Halo.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:05 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Most people have only played Halo becuase all their previous games were either old Mac or slightly less old PC games. Oni was barely a Bungie game, but even it was obscure.

You can be both a Bungie fan and a Halo fan even if all you've played is their Halo games. In fact being a Halo fan makes you a Bungie fan becuase Bungie made Halo.

However in the coming years as Halo and Bungie divide some will continue to be Halo fans and others will continue to be Bungie fans. Some will be both and others will only be fans of one or the other. It all depends on the games they make for Activision and if 343 Industries can keep the Halo train rolling full speed ahead.

Ah yes, the Mac, one of Bungie's favorite platforms. Oni was made by Bungie West, not Bungie.

Technically yes, but you are not one if Halo is all you know, it makes since for a bungie fan to play more then Halo and or know some Bungie lore, not just becuase they made Halo.

Yes, you can be a Halo fan and a Bungie fan, but I am just saying a Bungie fan knows more then just Halo, and likes them for more then just Halo.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:48 pm

I love bungie for bringing me Halo but going by your logic,im a Halo fan
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:10 pm

bioware fan no but seriously im a halo fan its just bunjie's lucky golden egg theyll never find anything that will be as good as it
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Most people have only played Halo becuase all their previous games were either old Mac or slightly less old PC games. Oni was barely a Bungie game, but even it was obscure.

You can be both a Bungie fan and a Halo fan even if all you've played is their Halo games. In fact being a Halo fan makes you a Bungie fan becuase Bungie made Halo.

However in the coming years as Halo and Bungie divide some will continue to be Halo fans and others will continue to be Bungie fans. Some will be both and others will only be fans of one or the other. It all depends on the games they make for Activision and if 343 Industries can keep the Halo train rolling full speed ahead.

Ah yes, the Mac, one of Bungie's favorite platforms. Oni was made by Bungie West, not Bungie.

Technically yes, but you are not one if Halo is all you know, it makes since for a bungie fan to play more then Halo and or know some Bungie lore, not just becuase they made Halo.

Yes, you can be a Halo fan and a Bungie fan, but I am just saying a Bungie fan knows more then just Halo, and likes them for more then just Halo.

I disagree becuase stuff like Marathon is so old there are plenty of younger games who never got a chance to even see it. Sure you can download Marathon for free now, but it's so old a lot of younger gamers can't enjoy it. The only console game they made before Halo was Oni and like you said it was by a subsidiary developer, but besides that it wasn't well received or reviewed.

My point is that there are 20 year olds that got into gaming when they were 10 years old who started out on the Xbox with Halo. They can be just as much a Bungie fan as anyone else and it's not their fault they were never exposed to Bungie's Apple and PC days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Guest
Guest



Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 5:53 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Most people have only played Halo becuase all their previous games were either old Mac or slightly less old PC games. Oni was barely a Bungie game, but even it was obscure.

You can be both a Bungie fan and a Halo fan even if all you've played is their Halo games. In fact being a Halo fan makes you a Bungie fan becuase Bungie made Halo.

However in the coming years as Halo and Bungie divide some will continue to be Halo fans and others will continue to be Bungie fans. Some will be both and others will only be fans of one or the other. It all depends on the games they make for Activision and if 343 Industries can keep the Halo train rolling full speed ahead.

Ah yes, the Mac, one of Bungie's favorite platforms. Oni was made by Bungie West, not Bungie.

Technically yes, but you are not one if Halo is all you know, it makes since for a bungie fan to play more then Halo and or know some Bungie lore, not just becuase they made Halo.

Yes, you can be a Halo fan and a Bungie fan, but I am just saying a Bungie fan knows more then just Halo, and likes them for more then just Halo.

I disagree becuase stuff like Marathon is so old there are plenty of younger games who never got a chance to even see it. Sure you can download Marathon for free now, but it's so old a lot of younger gamers can't enjoy it. The only console game they made before Halo was Oni and like you said it was by a subsidiary developer, but besides that it wasn't well received or reviewed.

My point is that there are 20 year olds that got into gaming when they were 10 years old who started out on the Xbox with Halo. They can be just as much a Bungie fan as anyone else and it's not their fault they were never exposed to Bungie's Apple and PC days.

I disagree with a game being no longer enjoyable becuase of age. That would mean that little kids can't enjoy Halo CE becuase it is old, however the story of Marathon is complex, I could see a little kid not understanding it. Though it is free.

There were two parts to being one, first was that you probably played and or know more then just Halo, and or that you know some of Bungie Lore, as a Bungie fan you might feel like looking up other Bungie games or Lore, where as a Halo fan may only want Halo and just Halo.

Yes it is possible to be a Bungie fan if you have only played Halo, but this would mean that you are a fan of it and know things about the company, such as the Lore, past games, ect. A Halo fan would only know Halo, a Bungie fan would at least know more, let alone play more. See what I am saying?

You can be a Bungie fan of any age, just to make that clear.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

Posts : 301
Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 26
Location : Berea KY

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:20 pm

well i like bungie more than i like halo.
sort of how i like gears but think epic games can suck it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:59 pm

I've never been a Dev or Pub fan (Probably Aksys Games). I never liked Halo that much.
So I like Bungie more than I like Halo.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 31

Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Bungie Fan.....played Myst back in the day at school, played Marathon on 360 and I love it (better than DOOM IMHO), and Halo is my favorite game @ this moment, and I am now highly anticipating Bungie's next game (even though it's with Activision & will be multi-plat, I love Bungie as a company and their quality of games).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?   Bungie Fan or Halo Fan? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Bungie Fan or Halo Fan?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New Halo toys - at the right bloody scale?!
» HALO 41.CTG DYNAMIC POWER

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: