This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where Sony Went Wrong

Go down 
+10
ghost23
Zombl337
DarkSwarm85
Alan1994
-jaz350z-
343_Guilty_Spark
joe11
Master_Chief
Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Where Sony Went Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:43 am

Take adverts like this:

They aren't advertising it's games as such. They're advertising how it does "everything"

Why don't they focus on advertising it's top games and games library?

Take this 360 commercial for an example:

Yeah, it's built from games. And that couldn't be more true. Games are it's primary function and main function. That's probably why people buy 360 & it's games and why it seems that gamers on 360's online seem to be more commited than on psn (remember, DarthQBall himself said that when he asked people on psn if they wanted to play a game, they never did).

So why don't Sony just advertise it's games library?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:20 am

Kevin Butler does have one correct point in his advert..

"The sweetest gaming and bluray system".

The 360 ad reminds me of a Coca-Cola ad...

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Sony went wrong by arrogantly launching a 600 dollar console under the assumption that because its a Sony Playstation everybody would do whatever it takes to buy one out of blind brand loyalty. Also Sony greatly underestimated their competition.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:30 pm

kevin butler is a dick
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:43 pm

I hate those ads, Sony is so arrogant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:04 pm

The only difference between Sony and Microsoft's ads are that Microsoft has a lot more money to spend on them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:51 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
The only difference between Sony and Microsoft's ads are that Microsoft has a lot more money to spend on them.

That's not true at all. Microsoft doesn't even mention it's competitors. Sony made a whole Kevin Butler ad about how Wii Motion Plus and Natal sucks so you better get the totally not a rip off Move. That's the difference. Sony has to trick you with an "entertaining" commercial and MS lets it's product speak for itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:02 pm

I love Sony's ad campaign. They are hilarious, but they dont have as many about the games. But they are starting to make more game related ones, like the MNR one
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:37 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:

Lmao dude, I love your signature of Steam. I'm watching it play over & over & over XD
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:44 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

That's not true at all. Microsoft doesn't even mention it's competitors. Sony made a whole Kevin Butler ad about how Wii Motion Plus and Natal sucks so you better get the totally not a rip off Move. That's the difference. Sony has to trick you with an "entertaining" commercial and MS lets it's product speak for itself.

Wait, so MS's commercials aren't "entertaining?" Every company talks about its competitors, don't even give me that BS.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:48 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

Wait, so MS's commercials aren't "entertaining?" Every company talks about its competitors, don't even give me that BS.

Dude it's not whether the commercials are entertaining or not, it's that Sony spends 25 second of a 30 second TV ad NOT showing the game. You only latched on to the word "entertaining" becuase you thought you could twist it against my point.

While MS makes ads that focus on the game Sony makes ads mocking the Wii Motion and Natal. MS doesn't even elude to their competition in their ads. Look at how they advertise Windows 7, not even a mention of Apple even when those PC vs Mac ads try to do the same thing that Sony has been doing.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Not all of them are bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toUheyZER3M

That one almost made me want a PS3.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Sony went wrong by arrogantly launching a 600 dollar console under the assumption that because its a Sony Playstation everybody would do whatever it takes to buy one out of blind brand loyalty. Also Sony greatly underestimated their competition.

I was going to say that. Mad
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:58 pm

If Microsoft has a realiable and small console w/ power supply INSIDE, have Blu-Ray, WiFi & 500GB HDD (swappable) next gen all for say $399.99 at Launch and $299.99 for console, Blu-Ray, WiFi and 120GB HDD.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:06 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

Dude it's not whether the commercials are entertaining or not, it's that Sony spends 25 second of a 30 second TV ad NOT showing the game. You only latched on to the word "entertaining" becuase you thought you could twist it against my point.

While MS makes ads that focus on the game Sony makes ads mocking the Wii Motion and Natal. MS doesn't even elude to their competition in their ads. Look at how they advertise Windows 7, not even a mention of Apple even when those PC vs Mac ads try to do the same thing that Sony has been doing.

Wrong, the whole ad campaign for Windows 7 is about simplicity, something Apple has been advertising for the past 4-5 years.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:30 am

-jaz350z- wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
-jaz350z- wrote:

Wrong, the whole ad campaign for Windows 7 is about simplicity, something Apple has been advertising for the past 4-5 years.

Man it's like you don't understand English or something.

The Windows 7 ad campaign may be about simplicity, but it most certainly ISN'T about bashing Apple and Xbox 360 advertising isn't about bashing or mocking Nintendo or Sony. Of the big three only Sony mocks the competition. Not Nintendo, not Microsoft, just Sony.

Do you understand yet?

Sony makes ads mocking MS, but MS doesn't mock anyone. MS just shows their product and tells you why they think you should buy it.

I'm tired of explaining what you constantly misinterpret or intentionally spin. Good day, I'm done.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:09 am

Main reason why Sony is a dick company. Their products are of a high enough quality to speak for itself that they feel the need to bash on the competitors. Maybe instead of trying to point of flaws of Natal and Wiimote, they can focus on the Move itself for once.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:09 am

ghost23 wrote:
Main reason why Sony is a dick company. Their products are of a high enough quality to speak for itself that they feel the need to bash on the competitors. Maybe instead of trying to point of flaws of Natal and Wiimote, they can focus on the Move itself for once.

I thought their main problem was proprietary formats like Memory Stick Duo.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:32 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I thought their main problem was proprietary formats like Memory Stick Duo.

And constantly releasing the same product with a slightly different model and usually with features stripped out!

Eg there's been 4 different psp releases. only difference was screen really and built in mic but the psp go got a smaller screen and lost about 50% of the psps library coz Sony made it only compatible with downloads, not retail. Also ps3 has lost features like backwards compatibility and Linux!
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:37 am

It's not like Sony devoted their whole ad campaign to bashing Nintendo and Microsoft. It was one commercial. And most people agree it was pretty funny.

Sony fucked up because their console was too expensive. They should of released the PS3 without blu ray in 2005. And then release the PS4 in 2011 with blu ray. (or HDDVD since it might of won the format war) The tech will be affordable by then and they could sell their console at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:47 am

I made a point a while back when he said "With games like Little big planet, its fun for the whole family" when thats the only game they have that is fun for the whole family. ONLY... and the project natal video where he attacks Natal. Look, when you start attacking something like Natal, its really because it was the #1 thing googled the day of E3 and the biggest "project" to be released the day of E3.

Sniff in the jealousy, Sony. It's only for the rest of this generation.
lol! my new motto Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:34 am

Master_Chief wrote:
QFT! Also they just tried way too hard. The Blu-Ray could be helpful later, but they just don't have the tech now to make them work right.... Atleast they didn't when the PS3 came out. Takes forever to load, and must installs are annoying as hell.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
I made a point a while back when he said "With games like Little big planet, its fun for the whole family" when thats the only game they have that is fun for the whole family. ONLY... and the project natal video where he attacks Natal. Look, when you start attacking something like Natal, its really because it was the #1 thing googled the day of E3 and the biggest "project" to be released the day of E3.

Sniff in the jealousy, Sony. It's only for the rest of this generation.
lol! my new motto Very Happy

Very Happy hahaha excellent stuff.

QFT
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Invincible wrote:
It's not like Sony devoted their whole ad campaign to bashing Nintendo and Microsoft. It was one commercial. And most people agree it was pretty funny.

Sony fucked up because their console was too expensive. They should of released the PS3 without blu ray in 2005. And then release the PS4 in 2011 with blu ray. (or HDDVD since it might of won the format war) The tech will be affordable by then and they could sell their console at a reasonable price.
yes did u saw the one about motion controll they were clear;y attacking M$ and nintendo
Back to top Go down
GrantedAccess
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
GrantedAccess

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:46 pm

They didn't devote their ENTIRE campaign. But yes its true, Sony commercials are usually pointless and don't say anything productive about the product. They are damn funny n,n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Sony Went Wrong   Where Sony Went Wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

Where Sony Went Wrong
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: