This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Halo Reach Thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 26
Location : New York

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:18 pm

what are your thoughts on the Halo Reach beta so far?



ITS AN AMAZING BETA
GAME OF THE YEAR

Feels just like Halo but somewhat different
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 26
Location : ny

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:24 pm

yes its a beast and best online game, also best halo game but goty hell no, its a runner up, but mass effect 2 4 goty thats fact. mass effect is the best and will be goty of 2010. i predict it will win as much or more awards uncharted 2 did
Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 30
Location : UK

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:32 pm

ive only played 4 games and i think its the best game ive played
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:33 pm

its amazing the br was shit but the dmr is great nice skillful weapon
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 26
Location : ny

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:33 pm

matrixrory wrote:
ive only played 4 games and i think its the best game ive played
even mass effect 2
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Takes forever to get in a game, it's very laggy. And it's funny cause even though I'm lagging like all hell I still get a positive Kill/Death Ratio.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:37 pm

matrixrory wrote:
ive only played 4 games
Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 30
Location : UK

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm

joe11 wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
ive only played 4 games and i think its the best game ive played
even mass effect 2

yeah mass effect 2 is great but once you complete it thats it.

i just find the whole reach gameplay amazing. im not a big halo fan but seriously this game is fucking awesome. once reach comes out ill be playing reach nothing else. its just sooooo fucking amazing i cant stress enough how great it is.

arnt god of war wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
ive only played 4 games

i mean 4 games online on reach
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:51 pm

matrixrory wrote:
joe11 wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
ive only played 4 games and i think its the best game ive played
even mass effect 2

yeah mass effect 2 is great but once you complete it thats it.

i just find the whole reach gameplay amazing. im not a big halo fan but seriously this game is fucking awesome. once reach comes out ill be playing reach nothing else. its just sooooo fucking amazing i cant stress enough how great it is.

arnt god of war wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
ive only played 4 games

i mean 4 games online on reach
yeah me 2 now 5
Back to top Go down
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-10-02
Age : 26
Location : London

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:22 pm

its absolutely brilliant.
Wouldn't mind being able to duel wield though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
Guest
Guest



Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:54 pm

I would like it except mine is DOWNLOADING SO SLOW!!!!!! I have been downloading since 1 and it is 6 now and its at 71 percent wtf. My connection is usually fast!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 28
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Wut ar da grafix lyk?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:18 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Wut ar da grafix lyk?

They are better than the recent alpha build videos but the environmental-texture quality could be improved. Weapon models look amazing (as expected), and the game has less jaggies than Halo 3 (but still is kind of a jagfest). The beta-build is far better than I expected though, by the time Halo Reach goes gold they might add more AA and replace some of the bad textures on the environments.

Gameplay wise it's the best halo yet. It combines everything I loved about Halo 1, 2 and 3. And got rid of everything I hated about them as well (the BR, dual-weilding, etc)
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:32 pm

It's good but not the best Halo at all. Dual wielding was a good option and you can't jump as high as the other titles. Other than that it feels about the same but those missing parts are noticeable. i'd say Halo 3 is better but i expected that since i see Reach as more of a spinoff than a real halo game.[no master chief,etc]
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:43 pm

I hate the ghosting effect. Small detail, but it's very irritating.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
It's good but not the best Halo at all. Dual wielding was a good option and you can't jump as high as the other titles. Other than that it feels about the same but those missing parts are noticeable. i'd say Halo 3 is better but i expected that since i see Reach as more of a spinoff than a real halo game.[no master chief,etc]

I hated dual weilding. I guess it's opinionated.

You can't jump as high because they want you to use the jetpacks. And considering that this is the first DAY of the beta I can expect some changes and fixes down-the-line.

I gotta admit, I don't like the new button layout for meleeing. But I LOVE assassinating.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 31
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:45 pm

game0reviews wrote:
its absolutely brilliant.
Wouldn't mind being able to duel wield though.

Master Chief learnt to dual wield guns in Halo 2... So they have to change halo history for that Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:06 pm

I think both Halo 3 and reach are different enough for fans to play both.if you want more different matches and gameplay then play reach if you want more classic feel and dual wielding lay Halo 3. I sure will be playing both.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
game0reviews wrote:
its absolutely brilliant.
Wouldn't mind being able to duel wield though.

Master Chief learnt to dual wield guns in Halo 2... So they have to change halo history for that Wink


Yea and in the future of Halo they made the assualt riffle look more shitty. And the Elites got randomly smaller. Oh yea and regular spartans an sprint but Master Chief can't?

These are all plot-holes. Dual Wielding was taken out for the armour ability function. It's not like alot of people used dual-weilding in Halo 3.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
I think both Halo 3 and reach are different enough for fans to play both.if you want more different matches and gameplay then play reach if you want more classic feel and dual wielding lay Halo 3. I sure will be playing both.

I switched the layout to Halo 3-style in Reach. The new layout is just ODD, especially the new melee button.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
game0reviews wrote:
its absolutely brilliant.
Wouldn't mind being able to duel wield though.

Master Chief learnt to dual wield guns in Halo 2... So they have to change halo history for that Wink


Yea and in the future of Halo they made the assualt riffle look more shitty. And the Elites got randomly smaller. Oh yea and regular spartans an sprint but Master Chief can't?

These are all plot-holes. Dual Wielding was taken out for the armour ability function. It's not like alot of people used dual-weilding in Halo 3.

there was a lot using it in Halo 3. also sprinting is crap,i rather walk normal. And the assault rifle in Halo 3 looks better imo.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 31

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:22 pm

I already am having more fun, and feel it is by far the best Halo MP to date!
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:42 am

Alan1994 wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
game0reviews wrote:
its absolutely brilliant.
Wouldn't mind being able to duel wield though.

Master Chief learnt to dual wield guns in Halo 2... So they have to change halo history for that Wink


Yea and in the future of Halo they made the assualt riffle look more shitty. And the Elites got randomly smaller. Oh yea and regular spartans an sprint but Master Chief can't?

These are all plot-holes. Dual Wielding was taken out for the armour ability function. It's not like alot of people used dual-weilding in Halo 3.

The look of the Assault Rifle can change in the future, but whether it looks shitty is your opinion.
Elites didn't randomly get smaller, Master Chief is a lot larger than the Spartans found in Halo Reach and the Elites just look bigger from Noble 6's view.
Regular Spartan's can sprint because the armor ability program was an ongoing test on the planet Reach. But then the covenant glassed the planet and I guess that information was destroyed along with amour abilities. There are no plot-holes.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:13 am

After waiting a day and having to download it twice, I had an issue with a corrupt HD and had to reformat, I finally got to play the beta. It was glorious. I love the new matchmaking. It lets me play with non-chatty, people who just want to have fun, and who are about my same skill level. It's everything I've ever wanted in Halo multiplayer.

Oh and it looks and plays great. I love sprint. Jet Packs are cool, but I think they need to get off the ground a little faster. I barely tried armor lock, but it's a cool idea and I never got around to invisibility, maybe later.

Overall I'm very impressed.

BTW, I'd like to go online with just my brother to tool around on the maps without playing a match. If you know how to set that up tell me, all I could find was regular matchmaking. I haven't tried split screen, does that work or is the beta online only?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:01 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
After waiting a day and having to download it twice, I had an issue with a corrupt HD and had to reformat, I finally got to play the beta. It was glorious. I love the new matchmaking. It lets me play with non-chatty, people who just want to have fun, and who are about my same skill level. It's everything I've ever wanted in Halo multiplayer.

Oh and it looks and plays great. I love sprint. Jet Packs are cool, but I think they need to get off the ground a little faster. I barely tried armor lock, but it's a cool idea and I never got around to invisibility, maybe later.

Overall I'm very impressed.

BTW, I'd like to go online with just my brother to tool around on the maps without playing a match. If you know how to set that up tell me, all I could find was regular matchmaking. I haven't tried split screen, does that work or is the beta online only?
I WANT IT SOOOOO BAD!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Halo Reach Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Thoughts   Halo Reach Thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Halo Reach Thoughts
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Halo toys - at the right bloody scale?!
» Random gifters... what are your thoughts?
» HALO 41.CTG DYNAMIC POWER
» Thoughts on Rarran
» Barbara Walters comments on Jane Fonda

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Halo-
Jump to: