This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?

Go down 
+8
Arbiteris
ghost23
Noelol
andes755
Andyjack7
343_Guilty_Spark
Zombl337
Spartan v07
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? Empty
PostSubject: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Disk or download for the games? what you think?
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:48 am

BOTH. We should have a choice. Pay $60 for a retail disc copy, or $40-$50 for a downloaded version.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:23 am

Zombl337 wrote:
BOTH. We should have a choice. Pay $60 for a retail disc copy, or $40-$50 for a downloaded version.

Screw that. That would be a stepping stone to download only and we already have enough XBLA games that are download only. I should be able to buy Mega Man 9 and 10 and put them on a shelf next to my other Mega Man collection. I hate digital distribution.

The next Xbox should be disc/retail focused.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Andyjack7

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:34 am

Zombl337 wrote:

I agree. Disks get scratched up easy, but downloads take up a lot of space. I would like the option of both Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingfreeks.com
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:36 am

with internet speeds getting cheaper, and more areas receiving the backbone for faster connections, digital distribution will become a prominent area in the future, and i'm sure Sony/Microsoft are well aware of the possibilities
in the next 5-10 years, I can see 100mb connections becoming widespread throughout the country, we're already trialing them in the UK, what i've read though, the US don't have the best internet speeds though despite having 200+ million users
I agree with an option, though ultimately it will likely end up one or the other I reckon
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:51 am

Disc. Mainly because...I HAET DOANWLOEADING!!!
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:31 am

Disc. Because there are some people who do not live in America and these people suffer from internet caps. *cough ghost23 *cough
Back to top Go down
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Andyjack7

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:03 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Disc. Because there are some people who do not live in America and these people suffer from internet caps. *cough ghost23 *cough
So true. Anyhow some people who live out on farms and ranches, not in a town, can only get speeds just a bit higher then dial up. And they have download limits for the day like 200mb, or else they get punished with even slower internet. I myself live in a small town, and we can only get 5mbs, and it sucks for downloading, WAY slow, and half the time ping is to high to do anything.

If Microsoft wanted to do something like that, it must be optional, at least until the internet tech. grows more. For instance, the PSP Go, would not work in the middle of no-where if you had download limits like on huges net or wild blue, you cannot even play XBL on huges net from what they told me. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingfreeks.com
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Yea i agree with you guys. Disk is way better because you get a tangible item,its better to have something to hold.also in the future they can erase the games you downloaded and bc wont work well as new consoles are made.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:58 pm

I refuse a digital distribution future.I hate digital distribution so much.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:55 pm

downloading takes to long
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:35 pm

I think there should be the option for both, but still with discs as the main focus. My internet is great for gaming, but the capped my download speed. 1 GB demos take up to 4 hours to download sometimes! So disc's should still be the main focus.
Back to top Go down
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:56 pm

I would like to be able to do both!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:01 pm

game0reviews wrote:

download for small xbla games,i am fine with that but not for the big retail games.
Back to top Go down
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
game0reviews wrote:

download for small xbla games,i am fine with that but not for the big retail games.

Yea as long as the game isnt over priced (like most the xbox 360 games on XBLA) i am totally cool with it. Like getting a game the literal second it hit shelves!
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:23 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I think there should be the option for both, but still with discs as the main focus. My internet is great for gaming, but the capped my download speed. 1 GB demos take up to 4 hours to download sometimes! So disc's should still be the main focus.
damn man, I can download a gig in 20 minutes on my 8mb connection
I use O2 Broadband (UK)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:29 pm

The US is a really big country, and there are a lot of rural areas that don't get the best ISP's around. It'd be completely unfair to them.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:19 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
The US is a really big country, and there are a lot of rural areas that don't get the best ISP's around. It'd be completely unfair to them.

Yeah, isn't England smaller than California? I mean it's not hard to build high-speed data networks when your country is tiny. That's why in the US we have interstates instead of high-speed railways and why it will take a long time to lay fiber optic lines to everyone who wants one. Not only the US big, but our population is spread out so distances are great. Canada is big, but 95% of the population live within 100 miles of the US boarder and while they have 30 million people we have 300 million. Infrastructure in the US is extremely complex and expensive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:00 am

andes755 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
damn man, I can download a gig in 20 minutes on my 8mb connection
I use O2 Broadband (UK)

I know. My connection was amazing! But for downloading files it sucks, everything else it is still amazing. Fucking internet caps...
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:01 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah, isn't England smaller than California? I mean it's not hard to build high-speed data networks when your country is tiny. That's why in the US we have interstates instead of high-speed railways and why it will take a long time to lay fiber optic lines to everyone who wants one. Not only the US big, but our population is spread out so distances are great. Canada is big, but 95% of the population live within 100 miles of the US boarder and while they have 30 million people we have 300 million. Infrastructure in the US is extremely complex and expensive.

Australia is getting nationwide fibre-optic cable broadband within 10 years and this will increase speeds up to 100mbps!!! Thats insane.
And the fibre optic cable will cover 93% of the population.
So we finally have something over America and the rest of the world. Go Aussies!!!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:33 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Texas is roughly 50 times bigger than Ireland. Just thought I'd throw that in there.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:14 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Most Canadians are in the provinces,while not many live in the Territory's(up north).Even then all of the provinces are still full of forest.
Back to top Go down
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?   Should the next xbox use disk or download for games? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:47 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

England may be tiny compared to countries like the US and Russia but it is extremely densely populated, so it takes a lot of time and money to get high speed internet to all the people in the country because its so difficult to built with out causing huge traffic problems and digging up all the old stuff. People seem to forget that England and the Uk for that matter are ancient and especially in places like London and Manchester it is very hard to build things.
Back to top Go down

Should the next xbox use disk or download for games?
Page 1 of 1