This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router) Empty
PostSubject: Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router)   Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:54 pm

OK for the past week or so I've been having problems with my broadband.Wireless and wired.

Wireless problem- OK so I've noticed my broadband was getting real slow so I decided to check out my speed by going to speedtest.net. I noticed that I was barely getting 10mb even though I have a 30mb line. So today I rang my company told them my problem, they told me to check what the speed was like wired instead of wireless, so I checked and I was getting between 25-27mb which is great for peak times. Anyways they told me to ring up the company that sells the wireless router (even though they provided it to me) and call themand they will help you. But they are closed for the day so I was hoping any of you guys know any tricks i.e Reseting router?.

Wired problem- This will be short. I checked speedtest.net,like I said above, and got between 25-27mb from a possible 30mb, yet some websites take a good while to get on to and to load their adds and what not. Its very annoying.Is that common?

So in a nutshell.

1. What can I do to fix my wireless router?

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router)   Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router) EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:13 pm

Stare at it and say WORK YOU PIECE OF CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say that a couple 100 times, If it doesnt work kick it in the Arse .... or back layer Razz

Last edited by Bluenose on Wed May 05, 2010 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sonji
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router)   Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router) EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Have you reset it? Theres the reset button in the back thats in a hole about hairpin size. Is your original router connected to your wireless one? Sorry if I explained that wrong, thats how mine is connected. Sorry if I couldn't help x,x
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router)   Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router) EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Go to the nearest hardware store and purchase a Ethernet cord Smile

Connect the thing to the router and live happily ever after Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router)   Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router) Empty

Back to top Go down

Broadband speed help!!!(Wireless router)
Page 1 of 1