This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question to non Americans

Go down 
+8
ghost23
DarkSwarm85
Blixtstorm
handkerchief
lightlamp
popjack88
Arbiteris
Stigma
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Question to non Americans Empty
PostSubject: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Do you guys call the United States, "The States"? Cause I was reading a book and the guy was British and in took place in Britain and there were constant American references and all the British people in the book referred to the United States as "The States". I've heard it before and I was just wondering what you guys call the US. I know it's an odd question but it's been bugging me and I was wondering if all foreign countries refer to the US as "The States" or if it's exclusive to British People.

btw if you haven't noticed I like to say British.

P.S. Do you guys also think of Americans as fat lazy bastards? Cause I've heard some people on youtube and other places call me that. Although I was born in Vienna so it's kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:50 pm

People just call it the US in canada

And no,i dont think americans are lazy.
Back to top Go down
popjack88
Master Chief Petty Officer
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:40 am

i call it the us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Yeah, I dont get why some people think all Americans are fat and lazy. Most people I know are hard working, and definetly not fat.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:56 pm

Well im Scottish and i call it America and no we dont call you fat lazy bastards some people just say that ill let you in on a lil secret though most people are jealous here because there loads of cool stuff where you guys live! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:27 pm

i call it america, states and US.

ignore all the fat and lazy comments.

apperently us british people dont brush our teeth and we dont have dental care. if you think that youre dumb.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Most people (well atleast in Europe) will probably say America..

I think its a way to cluster the Yanks and Canadians aswell..

Most people in Europe also thinks Americans as ignorant, due to the lack of knowledge outside of the "States".... Not lazy...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Some of my LIVE friends from Australia and New Zealand just say, "the States"
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyThu May 06, 2010 3:16 am

I always just say America.
And no I don't think you are all fat and lazy, the stereotype comes from some of the crazy shit you guys have on your fast food menus.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:27 am

I just say America but when typing it or writing it online or something, I just type US.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptySat May 22, 2010 8:16 am

America
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:11 pm

matrixrory wrote:

apperently us british people dont brush our teeth and we dont have dental care. if you think that youre dumb.

I think that became popular because of Austin Powers lol. Before it I never heard anything about British people having bad teeth.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:12 am

matrixrory wrote:

your british +1 because british people have awesome accents
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:17 am

America

I was watching Jamie's Food Revolution when he was in Huntington, West Virginia

he visited a funeral home, and the average size of a coffin was the width of a triple seat sofa

they couldn't even cremate the bodies, because all the fat on a person's body would act like a giant candle and keep burning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question to non Americans   Question to non Americans Empty

Back to top Go down

Question to non Americans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Everything else-
Jump to: