This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ya know why PC gaming is dying?

Go down 
+25
Inuboy1000
Jossa81
Teckno
MasterInArms
Lt Xplosi
resistance354
Stigma
Pickles
Stoney
master chief shaymin
xjosh360s
Kendo
Hurr
ZeInFormer
the RPG guy
Jamin
arnt god of war
Arbiteris
Mr. Project Natal
Sonji
Blixtstorm
DarkSwarm85
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
Invincible
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Jamin wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

yes, starting as a PC gamer makes me know nothing.
Starting as a PC gamer, when? Stopped being a PC gamer, when? If you arent into PC gaming, how would any of you know how often a new card comes out? And just because a new card comes out, it NEVER means you have to rush out and buy it.

I never really stopped being a PC gamer, I just meant that I dont play PC as often as consoles. And I never said that you have to rush out and by it. I was just saying that once you buy a fully updated rig with in a month there will be bigger and better parts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:33 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
Jamin wrote:

Dude, thats stellar! Did you get the free copy of Portal?

HellJumper wrote:
I dont like PC gaming much

If I buy a video game,i dont want to have to go through installing and a bunch of that crap to just play my game.
Great point! Because GAME PATCHES and CONSOLE FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE NEVER REQUIRED TO PLAY A GAME ON A CONSOLE! x)
updates take a few secs and firmware is hardly ever updated at least on the 360.

I have never seen a truer post in my life.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Jamin wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

I know what you mean, I have an outdated gaming PC and still play games and get games for it.

I got about 12 games on steam for 45 USD. Is that a deal or what.
Dude, thats stellar! Did you get the free copy of Portal?

HellJumper wrote:
I dont like PC gaming much

If I buy a video game,i dont want to have to go through installing and a bunch of that crap to just play my game.
Great point! Because GAME PATCHES and CONSOLE FIRMWARE UPDATES ARE NEVER REQUIRED TO PLAY A GAME ON A CONSOLE! x)

ZeUNINFORMED wrote:

As a former 90s PC gamer, I think consoles are just better to play now. When I get a PC game, I usually want to max it out cause hey PCs do have the option to do that and to me it feels a bit awkward if I don't max it out. However, console games may charge +10 bucks, it automatically gives you the experience you need to enjoy the game. When you buy a new PC game, you want to have atleast high settings or something to atleast enjoy it. Some games on the 360 are much better to get instead of getting it on your PC. Metro 2033 is a great example. That game is a system hog and in terms of graphics with the 360 version, it's very similar so it's better to get the 360 version. Yes, PC games tend to look better on maxed settings by just a slight different or small. I don't know about you but when I play shooters on the control pad, I get real comfortable with it and it makes me never want to go back to M/KB cause you have to sterch out your arms and it feels awkward. I think the whole M/KB vs Controller is just stupid. It depends on how the game is designed really. With M/KB you can do a 180 degree turn but so can a console if they have a specific button, but it's really not needed in most games. The only thing I use my PC now is just to play old games and a couple of overlooked PC games pretty much. All new games on a console. Not only that, I heard newer PC games have been suffering more compatability issue. Painkiller on the PC for me kept crashing for like every 30-40 minutes or something and it pisses me off.
90's PC gamer? Then how did you play Painkiller? That came out in 2004, if you were using a PC from the 90's, then thats your fault. XD Does it matter that Metro 2033 is a system hog? What are you going to be doing while the game is running? And since you dont have a PC, or Metro on the PC, how can you talk about it? I have both and I always minimize and run it in the background. =/ And you can use an Xbox360 or even a PS3 controllers on the PC. If you have a blu-tooth adapter, you can even connect the PS3 and Wii controllers. I dont know what compatibility problems you're hearing, because I'm in the PC gaming community and I've yet to hear any problems.

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

yes, starting as a PC gamer makes me know nothing.
Starting as a PC gamer, when? Stopped being a PC gamer, when? If you arent into PC gaming, how would any of you know how often a new card comes out? And just because a new card comes out, it NEVER means you have to rush out and buy it.

What I mean by former 90s PC gamer means I used to play 90s games for PC religiously. Back then consoles were playable, but people would stick to PC for the true experience (IN FPS). Let's just say I was really into PC gaming. I'll admit I should've just been a bit better on my description, but I'm only human and Painkiller come on man that's a throwback to the old school shooter fans why not I wouldn't play it. I still play games on PC but now I'm playing on consoles a bit more cause I really loved how Halo set the standards for good controls for every console shooters come out now. If you don't know about Painkiller crash issues, google them. Mine would usually crash if I play it for 40 minutes or something and I'm sure I'm not the only one with these issues. I also heard there was some crash start up for PC ver of Metro 2033 by reading a couple of thread a long time ago on GS. Not sure if they fixed it, but I'm sure they did.

Off course, I know you can hook up controllers for playing on the PC, but at the end of the day what's really the point when you already have one that's very important for using the PC in general? So i don't count that as all and If I find controls are bad for M/KB and I have to use my controller to play, that's a flaw. I have a wireless Xbox 360 controller so I'm gonna have to buy a 360 wireless receiver and that's a waste of money to me. Yes, I know you can hook up your PC to a a TV, but there's really no reason for me to. It's also easier just to set up a console with the T.V.
Back to top Go down
Hurr

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Pc gaming master race reporting in.
Enjoy RROD and no mods. And no free updates À la Team Fortess 2.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:48 pm

PC gaming is not really dying. I believe I have heard (from one of BLACKB0ND's vids) that PC gaming is a 10.7 billion dollar industry. So PC gaming dying would mean that game sales would be like the PS3's (Which is not the case). Just because some people's PCs cannot play certain games does not mean that the entire PC gaming industry is dying (when it terms of sales and revenue it is not dying).

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:12 pm

fuck.. the same crap happens to me i bought cryostasis and before i thought it was just that my pc was messed up but i upgraded to windows 7 and fixed my computer and it still doesnt work
Back to top Go down
master chief shaymin
Seaman
Seaman
master chief shaymin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:06 am

LMAO its funny watching these console noobs make them selfs look like retards.....
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:07 am

master chief shaymin wrote:
LMAO its funny watching these console noobs make them selfs look like retards.....

You type like a retard.....
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:49 am

I think everyone is laughing at you.With your posts and your spelling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:12 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

LMAO exactly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Please, enlighten us as to how PC is better! Is it the rabid PC fanboys? Or the lack of exclusives other than MMO's and RTS's?
Back to top Go down
master chief shaymin
Seaman
Seaman
master chief shaymin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:52 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Please, enlighten us as to how PC is better! Is it the rabid PC fanboys? Or the lack of exclusives other than MMO's and RTS's?
I already told u were you listening?
Back to top Go down
master chief shaymin
Seaman
Seaman
master chief shaymin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:53 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

ROFL GREAT COMEBACK *sarcasm*
Back to top Go down
master chief shaymin
Seaman
Seaman
master chief shaymin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:55 pm

HellJumper wrote:

I think everyone is laughing at you.With your posts and your spelling.
No just you and your boyfriends, and i didn't spell any word word wrong....
Back to top Go down
master chief shaymin
Seaman
Seaman
master chief shaymin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:56 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

PLZ "enlighten" me on how the 360 beats the pc I'll just take away your little argument it will be like taking candy from a baby. LMAO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:40 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

PLZ "enlighten" me on how the 360 beats the pc I'll just take away your little argument it will be like taking candy from a baby. LMAO

your coming here not giving legit reason as to why PC is better. So unless you can state your reasons, the arguement is lost to you. Oh and graphics > gameplay, there one of your arguments is gone right there, graphics dont make it better.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:55 am

I don't think that's why PC gaming is dying. It has to do with a lot of other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Here's why PC gaming is dieing.

Bungie
Lionhead
Epic Games
Crytek
etc.

Blame Microsoft, they take formally PC exclusive companies and make them make 360 exclusives games lol. Thus is why 360 has many PC converts.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
resistance354
Seaman
Seaman
resistance354

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:44 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Bungie
Lionhead
Epic Games
Crysis
etc.

Blame Microsoft, they take formally PC exclusive companies and make them make 360 exclusives games lol. Thus is why 360 has many PC converts.

you mean Crytek right
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:20 pm

resistance354 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Bungie
Lionhead
Epic Games
Crysis
etc.

you mean Crytek right

Yeah thats probably what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:37 pm

resistance354 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Bungie
Lionhead
Epic Games
Crysis
etc.

you mean Crytek right

No I mean Ensemble.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:44 am

BlackStigma wrote:
resistance354 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Bungie
Lionhead
Epic Games
Crysis
etc.

you mean Crytek right

No I mean Ensemble.

Epic are still an independent studio and only partner with Microsoft. They can still make PC exclusive games if they want.
It's not any fault of Microsoft, the developers see the install base of the consoles, and they see that all the money is made there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:08 pm

ghost23 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
resistance354 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Bungie
Lionhead
Epic Games
Crysis
etc.

you mean Crytek right

No I mean Ensemble.

Epic are still an independent studio and only partner with Microsoft. They can still make PC exclusive games if they want.
It's not any fault of Microsoft, the developers see the install base of the consoles, and they see that all the money is made there.

Never played any of Epic's games, I should sometime.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Sigh... if one thing pc gaming is heading to it is success
playing oblivion on Ps3 or xbox is NOTHING compared to the Pc oblivion
i jjust downloaded fable TLC to my pc and hey!
fable TLC is by far my Fav fable so far
and it works better, faster and you can mod it Surprised
seriously modding is more famous then ever that is why TES and fallout are appealing
to gamers they are awsome to begin with
and you can make 'em more awsome

Pc will always be my fav however console gaming are more how to put it relaxing and fun sometimes
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
resistance354 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Bungie
Lionhead
Epic Games
Crysis
etc.

you mean Crytek right

No I mean Ensemble.

Never played any of Epic's games, I should sometime.

You've never played Gears or Unreal, damn you've missed out on some quality games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ya know why PC gaming is dying?   Ya know why PC gaming is dying? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ya know why PC gaming is dying?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next