This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

XP vs Vista vs Win7

Go down 
+15
solidstudios
Madtoker
arnt god of war
Noelol
joe11
Kendo
Stigma
andes755
ghost23
handkerchief
Zombl337
Lt Xplosi
343_Guilty_Spark
Sonji
Arbiteris
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:21 am

Lt Xplosi wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Vista is horrible.

XP is alot better and easier to use.Win 7 is better than XP but XP is still awesome
you just dont know how to use vista in the best possible way!
i will never EVER use a windows Xp again not even if i get a free laptop with it on (i will get a laptop when i start the swedish verison of college at the ''JohnBauer gymnasium)

Lol,I shouldnt HAVE to learn to use Vista,it SHOULDNT be rocket science.

I really dont understand your hatred for XP.Ive never seen anyone bash it,only love it
vista is for the guys who knows computer like their own pockets
a teacher in my school knows almost everything there is to know bout pcs he said Xp is for gaming and other ''fun'' things
vista is fir workers and people who got the know how
i use vista he said
and XP is horrible
everything is 10 more times complicated >; (
that's why over half of businesses still use it

http://www.zdnet.com/news/businesses-focus-on-windows-7-xp-over-vista/238742

Vista was horrible and the masses agree
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:23 am

Lt Xplosi wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
What's so bad about Vista?
QFT!!!

No seriously, what's so bad about Vista? I don't get this whole Vista hate thing, I don't have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:36 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
QFT!!!

No seriously, what's so bad about Vista? I don't get this whole Vista hate thing, I don't have a problem with it.
3 words

User Account Control
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:38 am

andes755 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
QFT!!!

3 words

User Account Control

That's it? Wow bummer, now how about a real issue?
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:40 am

BlackStigma wrote:
andes755 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
QFT!!!

3 words

User Account Control

Vista is a resource hog

there's a reason you don't find it widely used on netbooks, next to XP and 7
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:43 am

andes755 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
andes755 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
QFT!!!

3 words

User Account Control

Vista is a resource hog

Wow bummer, now do you know a real issue?
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:00 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
andes755 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
andes755 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
QFT!!!

3 words

User Account Control

Vista is a resource hog

Wow bummer, now do you know a real issue?
here's a list for you

cost, why should people spend another $200 on software they don't need

hardware upgrade, if your running a machine with 512mb of RAM that runs XP smoothly, for the average user, they will have to upgrade to get the best out of Vista, they have no reason to

compatability for hardware, software and drivers was broken from the start (though I imagine this isn't really an issue now)

as I mentioned, it's a memory hog, and that is the universal opinion amongst users, heck with TinyXP you can run it on less then 64mb of RAM, the fact you can use it on a netbook extends it's usefulness unlike Vista

as I also mentioned User Account Control, inundating you with prompts every action you make, 7 actually allows you to tweak it, your joe user probably won't even read it, and just click confirm anyway

useless features, Direct X 10, Windows Aero, Instant Search, Games Explorer, IE7, completely irrelevant when there are free alternatives avaliable, and the average user will have no use for Direct X and eye candy

no visible improvements, sure for the techie user there's security improvments, increased stability, better memory usage, your average joe user won't even notice

XP already serves the needs of most users, what did Vista bring about that required such an essential upgrade and that applied to businesses as well relating to the link I posted

Vista was a train wreck from the get go and Microsoft themselves admitted they fucked up when they launched it
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm

vista owns !!! win7 is better though
and xp is just bad
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 3:41 pm

@andes755
"Microsoft themselves admitted they fucked up when they launched it"

That's literally nulls and voids half of your points like the Hardware updates and the compatibility thing.
"cost, why should people spend another $200 on software they don't need"
Have you ever stopped to think that people actually want that extra software? And $200 is an exaggeration.

"useless features, Direct X 10, Windows Aero, Instant Search, Games Explorer, IE7, completely irrelevant when there are free alternatives avaliable, and the average user will have no use for Direct X and eye candy"
They're there, what harm do they do?

Memory? Just get more.

"no visible improvements, sure for the techie user there's security improvments, increased stability, better memory usage, your average joe user won't even notice"
I'm an average joe, why do I notice it? Infact, do you even have to? "better memory usage" lol you contradicted yourself.

Yeah great points (sarcasm)

Now how about a serious issue? Notice i say serious, not some minuscule issue.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:00 pm

just get a mac it's less of a chance of getting a virus
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:15 pm

joe11 wrote:

If you are smart with your computer, you won't get viruses regardless of whether its Windows or Mac.

But anyway, Apple products are shit so don't buy Mac.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:54 pm

joe11 wrote:

Even if that were true it's not worth the price. PCs costs about half as much as a Mac of equal quality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Even if that were true it's not worth the price. PCs costs about half as much as a Mac of equal quality.
u get what u pay 4 and mac r faster from my experince
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Wow...computers...a little complicated for me right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:35 am

Win 7 > XP > Dog Crap > Vista

I think XP is the most solid operating system still, but feature wise and such 7 takes it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:38 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
joe11 wrote:

With the power of the Mac operating system it is great. For tech type people like me who love computers and can utilize them to their fullest Mac's are great and way worth the price, but to the average every day person who just uses it for internet and such PC's are better for them. But with Mac's you can put a Windows operating system on there and run it inside the Mac OS simple. And most of the time it will run better then a PC XD
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:41 am

fuck i want 7 but its 120$ to upgrade!!!!!!!!!!fuck that
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:19 am

also u can addd windows to ur mac so macs are better
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:31 am

joe11 wrote:
also u can addd windows to ur mac so macs are better
no because macs arnt upgradable with a pc you can easily upgrade your graphics card and what not.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 4:33 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
joe11 wrote:

With the power of the Mac operating system it is great. For tech type people like me who love computers and can utilize them to their fullest Mac's are great and way worth the price, but to the average every day person who just uses it for internet and such PC's are better for them. But with Mac's you can put a Windows operating system on there and run it inside the Mac OS simple. And most of the time it will run better then a PC XD

That is a flat out lie and you know it.

Apple doesn't just overprice they double the price. As for OSX, there's no point to it because for every program exclusive to Mac there are dozens of cheaper and better alternatives on PC. The only reason Apple added the bootcamp feature to allow Macs to run Windows was becuase you can't get by with just a Mac, but you can easily do without a Mac. I have a Mac Mini sitting next to my PC. I haven't turned it on for over a year. That's how useless Macs are. Everything I want to do I do on PC. I should just sell my Mac if it was worth anything, but I keep convincing myself I might need it. Nope, after college it just collects dust.

Oh and as for "tech type people", that's me. I built every computer I've owned, except the Mac Mini. I do video editing, music recording, run games, and even make my own games using GameMaker. Most of the programs I use for that aren't even available on Mac so you'd have to run Windows in Bootcamp on your overpriced Mac to do what I do.

Look, I'm not telling you Mac's suck. They are fine and if you like them, good for you. But I can't stand Apple fan elitism. It's almost as bad as PS3 fantards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:42 am

arnt god of war wrote:
fuck i want 7 but its 120$ to upgrade!!!!!!!!!!fuck that
then pirate it !!!
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:44 am

joe11 wrote:
fuck mac

Win7 > vista> xp > linux > windows 98> windows 96> shit>macs OS
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:45 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I think XP is the most solid operating system still, but feature wise and such 7 takes it.
vista is easier to handle then the xp
but harder to understand
you see i used vista before i got win7 and everything from formating hard drives to install software was much easier screw XP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Lt Xplosi wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

vista is easier to handle then the xp
but harder to understand
you see i used vista before i got win7 and everything from formating hard drives to install software was much easier screw XP

Yeah, Vista is a lot easier to understand. But understanding computers and OS's have never been a problem for me, it just came naturally. So in terms of operating systems I am talking stability, speed, and things of that type. And let's face it, Vista was slow and has problem like crashing and stuff all to frequently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:48 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
joe11 wrote:

That is a flat out lie and you know it.

Apple doesn't just overprice they double the price. As for OSX, there's no point to it because for every program exclusive to Mac there are dozens of cheaper and better alternatives on PC. The only reason Apple added the bootcamp feature to allow Macs to run Windows was becuase you can't get by with just a Mac, but you can easily do without a Mac. I have a Mac Mini sitting next to my PC. I haven't turned it on for over a year. That's how useless Macs are. Everything I want to do I do on PC. I should just sell my Mac if it was worth anything, but I keep convincing myself I might need it. Nope, after college it just collects dust.

Oh and as for "tech type people", that's me. I built every computer I've owned, except the Mac Mini. I do video editing, music recording, run games, and even make my own games using GameMaker. Most of the programs I use for that aren't even available on Mac so you'd have to run Windows in Bootcamp on your overpriced Mac to do what I do.

Look, I'm not telling you Mac's suck. They are fine and if you like them, good for you. But I can't stand Apple fan elitism. It's almost as bad as PS3 fantards.

Now I agree with you on the Apple fan elitism is just bull shit. They make Mac's seem a lot better than they are. But for me, Mac's are a better choice. But for programs having all better alternatives on PC? No, in all my experiance with computers and video editing and such (I love editing videos, it is a great hobby of mine) I have not seen better programs than Final Cut Studio, Apple Motion, and such that are included in the Apple Video Suite. But there is still no denying that Mac OS's have always been more stable. I rarely have problems on Macbook, but I have frequent problems with my Compaq Win 7 laptop. And I am not telling you Mac's are better. I still love my PC, but really all I see it's advantage for is gaming. But the way I see it, it really boils down to opinion and personal preference, and mine is Mac. But I respect your opinion that you like PC's better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XP vs Vista vs Win7   XP vs Vista vs Win7 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

XP vs Vista vs Win7
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next