This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)

Go down 
+19
tr3ykilla
3604LifeYo
dreadraptor85
toxicavenger778
Stoney
Pistol Perk
lVlysTicaL NiT3
Monashtry
Spartan v07
Master_Chief
lightlamp
handkerchief
DemonWolf
Lt Xplosi
DeW
343_Guilty_Spark
360WNED
cannibalshinobi
justagamer
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
justagamer
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) Empty
PostSubject: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:10 am

Now i have had a wii for a long time and I just kind of got bored of it so i sold it. Now I am on the fense on getting a Ps3 on 360. I want unbiased advice on why I should get an xbox 360. Please I do not want fanboys at all
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:11 am

you're in a fanboy forum.... this is not the place for you then.
Back to top Go down
360WNED
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:16 am

lol... I gotta agree with CannibalShinobi. If you don't want any fanboys to tell you why then this thread will remain empty. That's like going to a Trey 4 Life forum or Japan asking if you should buy a PS3...

Anywho.... You want a few reasons why you should get one? HD for one. XBOX is the best online you can find at the moment when it comes to online communities, and service as a whole. The games. If you've never had a 360 all this time it's got a nice big library for you to choose from. Four years of games you can go back & play through. That should last you a good while.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 4:50 am

Halo 3

Halo 3 ODST

Halo Wars

Halo Reach

Those are all the reasons you need. There are plenty more, but Halo is all a real gamer needs.

Oh, and you can play Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 on the 360 as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DeW
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DeW

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:05 am

Forza 3 Fable 3
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 6:57 am

well i am a fanboy but if youre looking for a gaming console then 360 all the way
if you re going to play on the ps3 but only games like resistace killzone and GTA4 then take the multimedia console ps3

360-GAMES for a gaming console
ps3 MULTIMEDIA for a gaming console
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:32 am

justagamer wrote:
Now i have had a wii for a long time and I just kind of got bored of it so i sold it. Now I am on the fense on getting a Ps3 on 360. I want unbiased advice on why I should get an xbox 360. Please I do not want fanboys at all

Well, I will be fair. If you forget about sales, amount of games and online capabilities, the ps3 is a fantastic system in its own right and, depending on your style of gaming, just as good as 360.

I think that there's only one thing you should do if you want to choose a system.
Look at its game library now.
Look at the ratings of the games.
Look at not only which has the better games but which has the games that you prefer.

I clearly went for 360.

But the choice is up to you.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:02 am

the best thing to do is look at the games and upcoming games each system has. then you decide which one you like. if you dont know what the games are like, see if you mates have the system and ask them to show you throough the games. if your friends dont have the systems look at youtube videos to see how the games looks like.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:05 am

i was like you aswell i sold my wii as i got bored of it and bought a 360 anyway the 360 has better exclusives and better online and a whole bunch of other stuff that i cant be botherd to type Razz
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:40 pm

Just do some research on the library of games for both systems and pick the one that appeals to you.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:46 pm

I got both and 360 for sure. Better exclusives,most multiplatform titles run better on 360,better online and no mandatory installs.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
I got both and 360 for sure. Better exclusives,most multiplatform titles run better on 360,better online and no mandatory installs.
Exactly the same situation with me.
Back to top Go down
Monashtry
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:08 pm

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt dude.

justagamer, the 360 Pro's are as follows.

Better multi-platform console versions of games also available for the PS3.

Exclusive titles that have a different scope than the PS3 exclusives. Generally their selling figures represent a truth that these titles are more appealing to the masses.

A developer friendly console which usually will result in better games, and has to date.

Better GPU internally.

1080p gaming for every 360 title thanks to the Xenos processor!

No mandatory installs.

Optional installs that result in faster load times than the PS3 versions of the same game. Take GTA 4 when installed to the 360 HDD as an example.

Faster downloads of demos & even patches for games.

XBOX Live - In game and cross game chat, party system, in game music for every 360 title!

Netflix - If in the United States.

Sky TV - If in the UK.

Integrated Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM all coming very soon and all integrated into the 360 itself, not detached like using via a web browser.

MS has deep pockets & push for more.
Back to top Go down
lVlysTicaL NiT3
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
lVlysTicaL NiT3

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:56 am

To make it short and sweet. X-box 360 is a gaming console first, multimedia player last. PS3 on the other hand is the complete opposite. Besides which game do you really prefer, Halo 3 or Killzone 2??? Halo 3 will live longer than Killzone as far as multiplayer players online. Plus get a great online service that not only gets great features (cross game chat) but also a company that will go out of it's way to get you exclusive content (Modern Warfare 2 DLC, GTA IV expansions). So when it's all said and done you want a gaming console, YOU want a 360.
Back to top Go down
justagamer
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:46 pm

well thanks for the advice i want people to explain the online DEEPLY to me. and @ pspvampire. most of those AAA games were on ps3 too! i want to get a 360 for game that i wont be able to play on any console. @lVlysTicaL NiT3. I think killzone and halo are fair in comparison graphics are not the BIGGEST deal to me but killzone does look btr but not THAT much btr. has fro online i would go with kz becuz of more players. anyway thanks for the advice ill prob get a 360 or ps3 some time nxt week or this week so i will tell you about my decision ltr.
Back to top Go down
justagamer
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Monashtry wrote:
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt dude.

justagamer, the 360 Pro's are as follows.

Better multi-platform console versions of games also available for the PS3.

Exclusive titles that have a different scope than the PS3 exclusives. Generally their selling figures represent a truth that these titles are more appealing to the masses.

A developer friendly console which usually will result in better games, and has to date.

Better GPU internally.

1080p gaming for every 360 title thanks to the Xenos processor!

No mandatory installs.

Optional installs that result in faster load times than the PS3 versions of the same game. Take GTA 4 when installed to the 360 HDD as an example.

Faster downloads of demos & even patches for games.

XBOX Live - In game and cross game chat, party system, in game music for every 360 title!

Netflix - If in the United States.

Sky TV - If in the UK.

Integrated Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM all coming very soon and all integrated into the 360 itself, not detached like using via a web browser.

MS has deep pockets & push for more.

good reasons but i don't really care for mandatory installs
Back to top Go down
Pistol Perk
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Pistol Perk

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:59 pm

justagamer wrote:
well thanks for the advice i want people to explain the online DEEPLY to me. and @ pspvampire. most of those AAA games were on ps3 too! i want to get a 360 for game that i wont be able to play on any console. @lVlysTicaL NiT3. I think killzone and halo are fair in comparison graphics are not the BIGGEST deal to me but killzone does look btr but not THAT much btr. has fro online i would go with kz becuz of more players. anyway thanks for the advice ill prob get a 360 or ps3 some time nxt week or this week so i will tell you about my decision ltr.
Killzone 2 does not have more players... that is a downright fact. Halo 3 has a million people playing that a day. and almost 300,000 playing at one time... to say that kz2 has more is just a joke. also halo is THE biggest online community of all time.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:34 pm

You would care about mandatory installs when you find out 1 game takes away 5 dam gigs. Plujs many games have many slow updates and patches,online sucks-no one talks,every game is its own server so its disconnected. Trust me i have both and ps3 sucks.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:36 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
You would care about mandatory installs when you find out 1 game takes away 5 dam gigs. Plujs many games have many slow updates and patches,online sucks-no one talks,every game is its own server so its disconnected. Trust me i have both and ps3 sucks.
So do I and I totally agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Master_Halo wrote:
I think the PS3 is a better choice for you because you more of your money worth and theirs a lot of high quality games for it..The 360 is a good system but its kinda losing its touch..

I smell me a brownie
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:30 pm

Master_Halo wrote:
I think the PS3 is a better choice for you because you more of your money worth and theirs a lot of high quality games for it..The 360 is a good system but its kinda losing its touch..
LMAO Not this brownie again. I thought they banned this troll.
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Master_Halo wrote:

He was only on a temp ban.I just permabanned him.
I was planning on doing so as soon as his dumbass arrived back here
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:38 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Master_Halo wrote:

If he could give us facts as to how the PS3 is superior then I will hold my hand up....But its all opinions and denial!

Like I came across an old elpresador (sorry for mentioning that scumbag) vid and he said IGN, GameInformer I think Gametrailers are all biased towards the 360 because they rate multi-plats better on said console and not the PS3....And all his little 12 year old followers in the comments section are agreeing with him....It really infuriates me the way he turns a blind eye to "irrefutable factual evidence" against the PS3...Oh and one more thing he qouted Gameinformer as saying that the 360 has a 54% fail rate and agrees and makes a vid about it!....talk about hypocrisy....Sorry for the rant!
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:49 pm

ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Master_Halo wrote:

He was only on a temp ban.I just permabanned him.
I was planning on doing so as soon as his dumbass arrived back here
Good. Another brownie troll bites the dust.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:55 pm

Play the 360 and PS3 at your friend's house or at a video game store and see what you like and dislike.

Also if you are an online gamer, I recommend 360.

If you are more of a single player campaign person, I recommend the PS3.

study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)   Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS) Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I buy a 360 (NO FANBOYS)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: