This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which Has The WORST Lineup?
DS
2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 12 ]
WII
2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 10 ]
2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 8 ]
PS3
2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 11 ]
PSP
2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:01 pm

igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:
You forgot GT5 (if it even comes out this year) its like one of the few games ps3 owners actually buy, The Last Guardian is gonna rape every game coming out this year.

Why do people keep saying about Last Guardian being amazing?

Has there even been any gameplay footage of it? I've only seen teasers for it and the teaser that has the most views has only 20,000 views. It doesn't look as if people care that much about it.

I'm not saying the game wont be great but seriously, what's it about? What kind of game is it?

Dude the developer is Team Ico, creators of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Sure we don't know much about it but it will be amazing. Just the way we can say that GTA5 will be good even though it has not even been announce yet, but we know its gonna be good simply because R* is the developer.

Ico - 90 metacritic

The feeling of simply being in the world that Ico creates is one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen in a videogame - IGN

The moment Ico first takes Yorda's hand in his is as organic and human as anything seen in interactive entertainment. Sony has created a classic that is both a stunning technical achievement and a perfect example of a videogame as art - G4TV

Shadow of the Colossus - 91 metacritic

A true masterpiece in terms of art direction and, dare I say, cinematography. From the fights with the colossi to exploring the world to basically just standing back and letting it all soak in, Shadow of the Colossus is an amazing experience and an absolute must-have title - IGN

It's a game that dares you to exhilarate while hammering you with consequence. In short, Shadow of the Colossus breaks storytelling barriers none of us knew existed. It's the rare game for which the often overused words "ground-breaking" were truly reserved for, and it's enough to make you regret every stupid coin you ever collected - 1UP

This is why im exited for The Last Guardian

Ico is my favorite PS2 game. Although I didn't care for Shadow of the Colossus much. Great games and The Last Guardian will probably be at least as good as SotC if not as good as Ico was. But neither game won Game of the Year and neither game sold amazing well. In fact Team Ico makes games for a very niche group of fans. As for it's release date, is there an official one yet. I don't think it should even be on the list if it hasn't been announced for this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Are you guys kidding me with the DS lineup?

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Again: Eye of Providence
The Another World
Dragon Quest VI
Dementium 2
Dragon Quest IX
Final Fantasy Gaiden: Four Warriors of Light
Ghostwire: Link to the Paranormal
Ghost Trick
Golden Sun DS
Golden Sun 3
Infinite Space
Last Window: Midnight Promise
Okami Chronicles: Tiny Sun
Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver
Project Monster
Sands of Destruction
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
WarioWare: D.I.Y.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:57 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:
You forgot GT5 (if it even comes out this year) its like one of the few games ps3 owners actually buy, The Last Guardian is gonna rape every game coming out this year.

Has there even been any gameplay footage of it? I've only seen teasers for it and the teaser that has the most views has only 20,000 views. It doesn't look as if people care that much about it.

I'm not saying the game wont be great but seriously, what's it about? What kind of game is it?

Dude the developer is Team Ico, creators of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Sure we don't know much about it but it will be amazing. Just the way we can say that GTA5 will be good even though it has not even been announce yet, but we know its gonna be good simply because R* is the developer.

Ico - 90 metacritic

The feeling of simply being in the world that Ico creates is one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen in a videogame - IGN

The moment Ico first takes Yorda's hand in his is as organic and human as anything seen in interactive entertainment. Sony has created a classic that is both a stunning technical achievement and a perfect example of a videogame as art - G4TV

A true masterpiece in terms of art direction and, dare I say, cinematography. From the fights with the colossi to exploring the world to basically just standing back and letting it all soak in, Shadow of the Colossus is an amazing experience and an absolute must-have title - IGN

It's a game that dares you to exhilarate while hammering you with consequence. In short, Shadow of the Colossus breaks storytelling barriers none of us knew existed. It's the rare game for which the often overused words "ground-breaking" were truly reserved for, and it's enough to make you regret every stupid coin you ever collected - 1UP

Ico is my favorite PS2 game. Although I didn't care for Shadow of the Colossus much. Great games and The Last Guardian will probably be at least as good as SotC if not as good as Ico was. But neither game won Game of the Year and neither game sold amazing well. In fact Team Ico makes games for a very niche group of fans. As for it's release date, is there an official one yet. I don't think it should even be on the list if it hasn't been announced for this year.

Ico

Game Developers Choice Awards
-Excellence in level design
-Excellence in visual art
-Game innovation spotlight

AIAS
-Art direction
-Character or story development

Shadow of the Colossus

-Innovation award
-Best character design
-Best game design
-Best visual art
-GAME OF THE YEAR
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:25 am

igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:

Ico - 90 metacritic

Ico

AIAS
-Art direction

Shadow of the Colossus

-Innovation award
-Best character design
-Best game design
-Best visual art
-GAME OF THE YEAR

Winning a few industry insider awards does not a mass market GOTY make them. Like I said, Ico is great, but not the best game in the world. It's not even better than Zelda. As for SotC, it's not even as good as Ico and it only appeals to a very small group of gamers and critics. Halo Reach will destroy it in sales. Completely destroy it. While Halo moves consoles, Team Ico games don't.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:34 am

Games like Last Gaurdian are the reason I bought a 360 over PS3

Id much rather play games like Halo Reach,Mass Effect 2,Alan Wake and Splintercell than games like Last Guardian or God of War(way too violent and cruel for my taste) or Mod Nation Racer.They just dont appeal to me
Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:46 am

the RPG guy wrote:

2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Son_i_am_disappoint

oooooooooooh myyyyyyyyyy gawd his neck is bigger than his head
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:34 pm

igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:

Ico - 90 metacritic

I see. Fair point.
But I'm still unsure that The Last Guardian will be AAA. If it is, fine. Good for ps3 owners. But I'm a little skeptical.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:27 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:

Ico - 90 metacritic

Ico

AIAS
-Art direction

Shadow of the Colossus

-Innovation award
-Best character design
-Best game design
-Best visual art
-GAME OF THE YEAR

Winning a few industry insider awards does not a mass market GOTY make them. Like I said, Ico is great, but not the best game in the world. It's not even better than Zelda. As for SotC, it's not even as good as Ico and it only appeals to a very small group of gamers and critics. Halo Reach will destroy it in sales. Completely destroy it. While Halo moves consoles, Team Ico games don't.

1. Awards are not given so people can go out and buy a game that was given an award, they are given so the developers can be recognize for their work 2. Shadow of the Colossus did win game of the year in the Game Developers Choice Awards in 2006
3. I'm not saying that Team Ico makes the best games in the world or that they are better than Zelda or any other game
4. SotC was given a lot more praise than Ico
5. Halo destroys most games in sales
6. My point was never that the game would move consoles or sell more than a specific game

I like FPS as much as any other Halo fan but i'm more interested in innovative and unique games, that is why to me The Last Guardian is gonna rape the competition, perhaps not in sales, but it will surely be one of the most innovative games to come out this generation, and it will inspire developers just the way Ico and SotC did.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:35 pm

igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:

Ico - 90 metacritic

Ico

AIAS
-Art direction

Shadow of the Colossus

-Innovation award
-Best character design
-Best game design
-Best visual art
-GAME OF THE YEAR

1. Awards are not given so people can go out and buy a game that was given an award, they are given so the developers can be recognize for their work 2. Shadow of the Colossus did win game of the year in the Game Developers Choice Awards in 2006
3. I'm not saying that Team Ico makes the best games in the world or that they are better than Zelda or any other game
6. My point was never that the game would move consoles or sell more than a specific game

I like FPS as much as any other Halo fan but i'm more interested in innovative and unique games, that is why to me The Last Guardian is gonna rape the competition, perhaps not in sales, but it will surely be one of the most innovative games to come out this generation, and it will inspire developers just the way Ico and SotC did.

In my opinion Ico was the best game on PS2, but it was not the best game of the generation by a long shot. In my opinion SotC is highly overrated. In my opinion The Last Guardian will be overrated and will be raped by Halo: Reach.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:39 pm

We got it, Last Guardian will be a low AAA or high AA.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:43 pm

igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:

Ico - 90 metacritic

Ico

AIAS
-Art direction

Shadow of the Colossus

-Innovation award
-Best character design
-Best game design
-Best visual art
-GAME OF THE YEAR

you say this while knowing nothing about the game???
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:44 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
for all we know it could get a 10/100
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:48 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
for all we know it could get a 10/100

Yeah but if the last 2 were AAA this "should be" too. But the same was said about White Knight Chronicles...
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:30 am

Well ill shut up about The Last Guardian now, but anyway you can add Little Big Planet 2 to the list now since its coming out this winter cheers
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:02 pm

igame wrote:
Well ill shut up about The Last Guardian now, but anyway you can add Little Big Planet 2 to the list now since its coming out this winter cheers

YEAH!! Very Happy

That's actually gonna pwn. Despite that it has some weird fairy sackgirl in the trailer Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
siko

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:31 pm

wheres the "i don't know button" honestly they all have a great years you cant deny that lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:13 pm

siko wrote:
wheres the "i don't know button" honestly they all have a great years you cant deny that lol

LOL QFT Razz
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:38 pm

i think its psp the only thing i want for psp is the new gow but if if peace walker is anything like portable ops then i think it sucks
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:14 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
i think its psp the only thing i want for psp is the new gow but if if peace walker is anything like portable ops then i think it sucks

Nothing like portable ops. It's GTA V. It's considered to be one of the, if not the, best game in the MGS franchise (longest too I think).
Also...amazing multiplayer.
I've actually not got the game. Might get it though.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:38 pm

demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

Nothing like portable ops. It's GTA V. It's considered to be one of the, if not the, best game in the MGS franchise (longest too I think).
i might get it then
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:07 pm

demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

i played it at a friends house..its very difficult if you play it alone,but the game is amazing,its not better than mgs4..thats for sure,but it sure is the 2nd best mgs game ive played.first one is being mgs4
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:06 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

i played it at a friends house..its very difficult if you play it alone,but the game is amazing,its not better than mgs4..thats for sure,but it sure is the 2nd best mgs game ive played.first one is being mgs4

Tbh I've not even played MGSIV but from most people who aren't MGS fans before it, it's not that good. I know a guy named Jordan who owns a ps3 and mgs IV and he thought it was f*****n awful. I guess that can apply for any game really but the fact is, he's not the only one. A lot of people seem to be complaining about the masssiiive cutscenes and not enough gameplay (except the diehard mgs fans) so to me I'm thinking I would prefer the psp mgs. Only problem with it though is the load times, to go from one little area to the other requires load times.

Btw I'm playing Ocarna Of Time on PSP now!! Very Happy It's almost full speed. It's far from perfect, yes, with ocassional slow down, sometimes crashes, slow access to main menu, several glitches and pretty choppy audio but the fact is, it's the whole game running nearly full speed for the most part with an okayish framerate for the most part. I'm really impressed with the advancements made with the emulator. It's shocking how close they're getting to making the most hardware pushing n64 game to run smoothly on psp.
Psp could easily handle loz oot, don't get me wrong, it's just the difference in format and compatibility is completely different. For example you can't take a game like Haze on ps3 (which, let's face it, 360 could handle any day) and make it play on 360. Even if you managed it would suffer from a lot of issues.
But yeah I'm really happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:21 pm

MGS is a series that you either love it or hate it
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:45 am

lets face it, even if the PS3 had the biggest lineup in history it would still be the last in this poll because THIS IS AN XBOX FORUM!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
lets face it, even if the PS3 had the biggest lineup in history it would still be the last in this poll because THIS IS AN XBOX FORUM!

Lol sadly there is truth in that. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!   2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2010, Which System Has The WORST Lineup?!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next